Gen 3 UU RMT

I suppose this is more for our collective amusement than anything else. This team has done very well for me, but I'm open to suggestions.

Pinsir (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Great type coverage, decent speed for UU, and high attack - what's not to like?

Altaria (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 130 Def / 128 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Thief
- Toxic

Backup special wall for Hypno. Flamethrower is for Vileplume mostly. Thief because bulky waters like to switch in to Altaria, and they probably need their lefties the most. Toxic and rest are obvious.

Solrock @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 87 Def / 7 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Rock Slide

Hes not that bulky, but he helps vs. quakesliders, and can blow up just about any wall. Light Screen is well...I don't think I've ever used it. Any other ideas?

Raichu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Volt Tackle

This thing is a beast. I know substitute and Volt Tackle looks bad on paper, but with extra turns from encore it works out alright, and the extra power really helps.

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish

My main special wall. I know smogon says to go physical defense, but I like being able to really abuse him on the special end. Reflect helps some on the physical end.

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Iron Tail
- Rock Slide

I used to always use Subpunch Aggron on my teams but I've found that this one is much cooler. 4x resists means he can sponge CB hits without caring that he doesn't have leftovers. Plus it's easy to pass him Wish. He surprises a lot of things with his extra power and speed.

Pretty solid but i could see a rock sliding reversaller really hurt this team without a quick attack or Hypno having any defense. Also has a gligar weakness, if you dont predict the swords dance and switch into raichu your pokemon will die one at a time, gligar can easily come in on hypno/altaria but mainly Pinsir or a CB quake from Aggron so maybe id give Altaria ice beam or something to help with that.

Otherwise good team imo.

Pinsir is UU ignore that guy.

Yeah ice beam sounds like a good idea. I'd still hit Vileplume but I'd also get Gligar and some other stuff.

The only (important) thing flamethrower really hits that ice beam doesnt is other pinsirs which altaria cant really counter anyway.

But now that i bring that up, sweep pinser(salac) and sweepslash can also nail this team kind of hard, pretty much due to lack of Special offense, If raichu had surf you could ohko sandslash but too be honest, i dont know what you could do if a Pinsir gets set up against you....unless you change solrock into gligar since you have a normal resist already.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I find Aggron + Solrock to be redundant. I'd personally drop Aggron for a bulky water. If I needed some more physical punch, I'd just CB Solrock and let Hypno take care of it during the battle.

Well i guess something like blastoise with Roar can help vs those salac sweeping Physical attackers that are fairly common in uu, also helps if you happen to be against an omastar if you want to rapid spin. Helps with gligar too.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I kinda Like Walrein. Ice Beam on Blastoise works, but Walrein makes it a bit harder for Vileplume to switch in. Either one would be a good choice though.

You guys severely underestimate CB Aggron. His counters can only switch in once or twice before they die, if he does the right attack. He's responsible for a lot of wall breaking on this team. I'm considering dropping Solrock for Gligar though.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not underestimating CB Aggron. He is indeed a beast. The risk/reward of his Iron Tail is amazing. But I'm just saying I find Aggron + Solrock on the same team redundant.

id say drop out solrock if you are going offensive with solrock anyway.

Walrein works too, but you dont have the spin option, and have a fighting weakness.

Switching to Gligar wouldnt be a bad idea either, you just dont have that surf/icebeam to kill those grounds and other solrock, and other gligar.

The only thing Solrock has over Aggron is EQ immunity which is huge, you will need to be careful with aggron as it is your only normal resist. (on a side note id go for less speed on aggron and more HP if he is going to be taking any hits).

you would need to run more SpD ev's than that to benefit from light screen on solrock. on altaria, thief just looks bad, go with dragon claw. of course, if it really works for you, then ok... and raichu, wow. it looks extremely bad on paper. IMO its begging for petaya with thunderbolt. my favorite poke always needs a good set.( if that set seems to work though, then keep using it.) you could always try reversal on raichu, which would go over encore, but then you would have to change your ev's around a bit, but the encore thing seems better.

SDef evs would be pointless because the point of light screen is to not have those, and Solrock isnt a special wall, its just common for bulky waters and such to come in because its weak to special attacks, its why light screen helps.

Id almost agree with petaya, thunderbolt surf hp grass/ice and sub but he wants to use it more as a utility pokemon then a sweeping one.

Ok, and my point is that he isnt tanking those hits, unless he needs to for some reason. Also it would allow him to take a hit from faster blastoise/walreins and explode on their ass. That being said toxic is probably a better alternative. Or just dropping it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)