UU Stats: October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heracross, Chandelure, Zapdos, Flygon, Arcanine (offensive) and Darmanitan have all got to be scarfed or else they are out sped and KO'd by Stone Edge or Close Combat at +2 after SR.

EDIT: This is Jolly LO Virizion. I know that's relying on Stone Edge which isn't a great plan, but just saying it's got a chance.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
| 113 | Medicham | 939 | 0.578% | 742 | 0.550% |
I am confident looking at the extended usage stats that at least 10% of this use is because of me. I'm so proud of myself for breaking Top 15 with the #113 Pokemon in UU.

Look, guys, what beats Heracross? What beats *everything* that beats Heracross? That is UU right now.

Heracross, Chandelure, Zapdos, Flygon, Arcanine (offensive) and Darmanitan have all got to be scarfed or else they are out sped and KO'd by Stone Edge or Close Combat at +2 after SR.

EDIT: This is Jolly LO Virizion. I know that's relying on Stone Edge which isn't a great plan, but just saying it's got a chance.
The main thing here is that it limits the amount of chances it has to switch in. Virizion has to get to +2 to wreck havoc, otherwise it is going to get melted or taken down. It cannot switch into any of those 6 Pokemon without getting wrecked by them even though it is capable of wrecking them too at +2.

You win some you lose some, I guess. Virizion does get to set up on a lot of Bulky Waters at the very least, but then it comes to the issue of wanting a Lum Berry for Scald burns, which is what I did for Virizion.

Meloetta deserves more love. This is the set I've been using and it absolutely rapes:

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

This can set up on any special attacker in the tier. For example:

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 97-114 (26 - 30.56%) -- possible 4HKO

And even uninvested, 128 SpA is very powerful. After a few boosts, very little can stand up to it. For example:

+2 4 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 80 HP / 176 SpD Snorlax: 189-223 (39.29 - 46.36%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Umm why is Blastoise so high? he is way to easy to take out and is almost always defenseless against anything that can do reasonable amounts of damage

Umm why is Blastoise so high? he is way to easy to take out and is almost always defenseless against anything that can do reasonable amounts of damage
he's one of the best rapid spinners in the tier and has enough bulk to get the job done multiple times.

Simple he is a) a Rapid spinner b) fills role of bulky water to check the fire types and c) can phase (meaning he's not set up bait). Having those multiple roles in one Poke its little wonder why he'd be quite up there.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I echo SJCrew's undying sentiments for Blastoise's spinning capacities. It beats Chandelure with ease and even Frosslass & Cofagrigus if it scores a Scald burn. Even against Sableye, it can use Foresight or Toxic on the switch to spin / wear it down.

What I like most about Blastoise is that it's not set-up bait thanks to Roar. It's also a decent check to quite a few threats, most notably the ubiquitous fire-types.

When Spike-stacking be sure to have Blastoise in mind if you want any success in pulling it off. Azelf & Nidoqueen are amazing SR setter for this reason, since Tbolt discourages Blastoise from coming in. Same reason why Roserade and Froslass are great Spikers; Roserade has Giga Drain (or even better, Leaf Storm if Toxic Spikes), and Frosslass can spinblock by virtue of its typing + Taunt or Thunderbolt.

Blastoise spins... LIKE A BOSS

[youtube]NisCkxU544c[/youtube]

Here just to say that Bolt Strike Victini is coming to town, ladies (see Serebii). I doubt Bolt Strike will make much difference but the +30 power is highly appreciated.

Wowza, it also has blue flare... and galciate... >.< Probably the worst ice type move ever. Victini would have loved ice beam...

Just for fun... 252 Jolly Choice Band Victini Bolt strike VS 252/252+ Slowbro =60.41-71.57% Guaranteed 2HKO w/o SR! That's incredible, considering it couldn't normally do that with fusion bolt.

Factoring in victory star, Bolt strike and fusion flare have a 93% accuracy, not bad.

Victini will likely replace fire blast for fusion flare and fusion bolt for bolt strike.

It's going to be a tad stronger, I doubt this will push victini to suspect though.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah that's pretty cool but I doubt it'll make too much of a difference. I'm thinking it might make Expert Belt sets a bit better but that's about it.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
This is huge ive been testing a Trick Room/ Sunny Day/V-Create/Fusion Bolt Victini and with Bolt Strike It can 2HKO Evrey bulky water in the teir even without sunny Create(Well swampert but he cant switch in when sun is up fearing v create)with Life Orb oh god,This also (Blue Flare) allows vic. To run half a decent specs set.But trick room LO Tini just got a HUGE BOOST in bolt strike as Bolt Strike and 4 SpA Grass Knot 2HKOS ecrey bulky water in the teir and V-Create is as powerfull as ever.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow it gets bolt strike now?

Oh gosh, that would make walling it with bulky waters a little more difficult (whereas Fusion would barely 2hko them and sometimes miss if its scarfed, bolt strike basically nets the 2hko on every single bulky water in UU).

Not really a cause for concern, but Victini's a scarier threat now.

EDIT: Blue Flare too? Sweeeeet. I am sooo running a pure special attacking set now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)