Tournament UUWC 1 Team / Set Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader

as always thanks to lyd for his gorgeous art <3
Hi everyone, now that UUWC is over for half the teams, we're officially posting the team and set dump thread for all of you itching to share some of your teams you built for UUWC, and some of your heat techs you created! As always feel free to post for OldGens too, not just for SS UU stuff. Tagging all players who are out so far to share stuff if they wish :)

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Not really active on forums so I thought It'd be fun just to make a quick post!

So, this team is the team I brought against Somalia, its pretty much just a recreation of a pretty known tailwind offense team. Has Machamp because when building I figured that it had a pretty good chance of blowing through the tier minus ghost types which is what Bisharp is there for. What I like about this team that Machamp and Bisharp are fast enough to outspeed threats in Tailwind, and slow enough to underspeed threats in Trick Room. Everything else I feel like is p self explanatory, just setup and win pretty much! Had a good amount of success with it in test games but I really dropped the ball when actually using it against Somalia. GGs to everyone in UUWC, it was fun learning BWUU and gl to everyone else left in the tournament! Not sure who to root for so :pikuh: .

the ends (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Iron Head

Life is Good (Machamp) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Facade
- Earthquake

Pink and White (Mew) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Reminder (Tornadus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Stargazing (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Thunder Wave

Kids See Ghosts (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Ok idk how I managed to forget to do this but uh :

S/o to everyone on midwest for being awesome! For my first team tour it was a great environment and I enjoyed it. Apologies to my team for dropping the ball but otherwise it was fun. Big thanks to FTL for picking me up and putting his faith in me despite playing a tier I had never played before. I didnt get a chance to interact with everyone as much as I would've liked to so I'll just throw in some names quick to get my point across

Expulso Thanks for testing a bunch with me and helping me find faults in my play, appreciated it more than you can think :]
TaxiCab We didnt interact very much but I saw the effort you put into building for us for SS and thought it was pretty admirable
Finding True Love and jeronipuff Ofc again to FTL, thanks for picking me up, and thanks to you both for helping me prep in BWUU and testing a bunch, helped me shake a lot of my nerves.

For everyone else I didnt tag, nothing against any of you I'm just doing this at the top of my head. you were all great!

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Promised I'd drop my DPP builds in this thread once it went up, so making a post with them :) DPP UU is like my favourite UU gen along with GSC, I've been loving it since Donny P first got me interested in it and it was really great to get an opportunity to play versus people far more experienced than me in the tier in UUWC, and I'm extremely happy (and shocked lol) to have gone 2-1 in pools.

Not going to drop the Electric Terrain team that we used in SS that's also mine due to already making a RMT of it, go check it out if you wanted to get the paste of it after seeing Lily use it.

vs Thiago Nunes (win) - replay

:dp/uxie: :dp/feraligatr: :dp/venusaur: :dp/clefable: :dp/mismagius: :dp/aggron:
https://pokepast.es/d214cb5437c477bf

Spoilers to anyone wondering what my last two were i guess. For this match, I knew I wanted to go with a CM Clefable screens team, my typical DPP usage revolves more around BO teams and I wanted to go something a bit more unexpected incase anyone bothered to check my replays. CM LO Clefable on screens seemed a really dangerous pick, already being pretty difficult to take out without throwing a Pokemon or two at it, I felt like it'd be a great way to soften up teams so that Aggron or Feraligatr could sweep, and fantastic for any more defensive teams that might be used, while being helpful versus stuff like Mismagius trying totake advantage of Uxie. As it turned out, Sub DD Feraligatr ended up winning this matchup almost single handedly thanks to Uxie managing to bring it out on an Omastar and allowing it to boost up to +3, with Thiago likely expecting me to set up Rocks or Reflect first before switching. Sub DD Feraligatr had been put on the team for this sort of purpose, and to take advantage of stuff like defensive Uxie, which could be really annoying with Twave.

SD Venusaur gave a nice breaker to push through Pokemon like Haze Milotic and Roar Blastoise for teammates like Feraligatr, and providing the great offensive utility with Sleep Powder to give free setup to it or a teammate and allowing it to boost through a potential Curse Registeel that could be seriously problematic to some of the team. NP Substitute Mismagius does usual Mismagius things, but provided another Pokemon that could set up on an Uxie, which could really annoy a lot of the team with Twave. Also provided a bit of speed to an otherwise fairly slow starting team. Aggron rounded off the team with a dangerous late game cleaner, and a useful Steel-typing, letting it set up on Mismagius etc.

vs Atomicllamas (win) - replay

:dp/spiritomb: :dp/aggron: :dp/kangaskhan: :dp/blastoise: :dp/uxie: :dp/venusaur:
https://pokepast.es/0bf49b99940c6f22

I'd been kinda racking my brains trying to come up with something to actually use vs llamas, but the night before I had a brain wave and considered building a Double Sub-Punch team with Aggron and Kangaskhan (which ended up being pretty effective tbh especially from the Kanga's side), thinking they could easily overload their way through stuff like Blastoise, Roar Rhyperior, and Hitmontop and be a devastasting breaking duo. While SubPunch Kanga does normally run Sucker Punch, I took a slightly more risky route with my Kangaskhan and ran Wish instead, which meant no Scrappy, forcing me to run Spiritomb to trap Ghosts for it, while also giving some nice utility in trapping Uxie/Mesprit too. This had potentially massive gains in test games, giving it the potential to keep up it and aggron much more consistently, as well as support its more defensive teammates by using wish when expecting switch-ins like hitmontop instead of wasting time on substitutes. It could obviously also use substitute and its good speed to give itself its own wish too, as a pseudo protect.

Blastoise gave the team a spinner, soft moltres check, and entei check with roar, noting that vintei put a lot of pressure on a lot of this team. a mixed def uxie gave another check to moltres, check to venusaur, rocks support, and useful twave support to make the subpunch'ing even more perilous. Scarf Venusaur just rounded off the team with speed control, and useful venusaur things, and could clean late game if necessary. Overall a crazy fun team to play.

vs fatty/brewfasa (loss) - replay

:dp/moltres: :dp/mesprit: :dp/kabutops: :dp/ludicolo: :dp/registeel: :dp/swellow:
https://pokepast.es/651e9c6f2ee4b48f

Honestly I wasn't at all comfortable going into this match against someone so great at dpp uu, so decided on using (semi) rain to hopefully improve my chances. The concept of the team was fairly simple, using the Bird Spam of lead Moltres + Swellow to hopefully break enough holes for the rain core to sweep, while also trying to hide that this was actually a rain team at all. Lead Moltres was also helpful to chip down Pokemon like Uxie and Blastoise for Kabutops later. CM Mesprit gave another early game breaker with some defensive utility, and would hopefully weaken Registeel further if Moltres couldn't do it itself.

Overall ended up making some questionable plays in this game, such as not being aggressive enough with my Moltres despite making it painfully clear I had HP grass, and exploding on Blastoise without baiting the protect first, which cost me the match. Definitely would have been very winnable if I had hard tbolted on blastoise with mesprit, or played better with my moltres though.

---------------------

Overall very thankful to all my teammates in team UK for making this UUWC great fun, and to Juno for hosting this tour and giving me a chance to play dpp uu against such great people! Hopefully will get the chance to do this again next year and do better next time :)

omg omg omg esta freed the team dump :3

first off i wanna thank everyone at team midwest especially Finding True Love for giving me an opportunity to help out, I'm very grateful for it and it was an awesome experience you guys are all awesome :D

I have a couple of cool sets to share and then I'll drop some teams too

:keldeo:
Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn
- Calm Mind
This is a cool set that I came up with with avarice when we were building the eterrain team he used vs flcl and he didnt really know what keld set to put and we didnt need a scarfer, so I said oh what about cm flip turn. The thing about keldeo is that sub cm and esp taunt cm are pretty bad imo, taunt doesnt do anything and sub just feels like one those things where everyone says you need shock king for it so its not even like an underrated threat or anything and its just a waste, and I didnt want toxic because we didnt need that on such an offensive team with two elecs plus mamo. CM flip turn allows you to keep momentum while still being a very dangerous wincon vs non-slowking teams, which I thought was super cool. I always felt like sub cm was a fish, so this (which surpisingly i havent seen anyone else use) or toxic cm are a cool solution. Could also be boots ig but when u start cming up ive found lefties to be super duper nice

:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
OR
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 84 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
Mixed defense washtom also came up when we were building, I think i was bouncing ideas with expulso and sickist and I wanted a ground immune and something less passive than king that could still pivot in on like vern/starmie/hat/weezer once or twice plus pivot into king w/out getting tp'd on so easily, its an old bw set but I figured it can't be that bad because its washtom, and its pretty cool. Its a very situational set and its not that splashable, but i think it was still worth sharing because i have never seen anyone consider this set either. The fisrt spread is just to avoid 2hko from vern+creep adamant ttar, the second allows you to avoid 3hko from offensive weezer (w/out rocks) and is way more specially bulky, its highly customizable (esp the speed)-one thing i definitely would say though is to use twave on this one to bop vern, pain split is also helpful so you can heal up but in the rare case that ur using a spdef washtom you probably are in dire need of role compression so its more likely you'll have defog there. You don't need that much spdef, so you can put more into defense or into speed it doesnt really matter

(I know 99% of u didnt even read this and just came to steal the teams)

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 8.52.16 PM.png

This is a pretty simple team that I wanted to build because I wanted a reference team for like the prototypical voltturn drud hat type team, this came together really quickly and wasn't really tested too much but im sure it will do fine b/c its very basic and standard. I started with scyther+washtom because this is the most basic and solid voltturn core rn, it was originally boots lisk but washtom is just too damn useful. Hat came next to provide some help with weezer and kyurem and vern and be a general sponge, also helps para jirachi ig. Drud is here to help punish other voltturn and to get up rocks, is a good countermeasure for stuff like mimi cuz you can trade, also good at getting up rocks and spreading paras, jirachi was the scarfer because when you need a steel and role compression, you immediately look to jirachi, last slot needs to be a fighter on teams like these for some power so I chose terrak, its sub sd because expulso came up with that to for pif to screw up the wish jirachi that he spams the shit out of pretty standard team nothing much to see here
https://pokepast.es/45fcb5a291b592c0

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 8.59.05 PM.png

After we built the eterrain team with this set I wanted to experiment more with it, so I decided to pair it with one of the best mons at taking advantage of slowking, kyurem. Rose is here basically for tspikes absorption, and I already had a kyu+gaspack weezer team so I wanted to take a different approach, i hate no synth rose but tspikes and stun spore were both too nice and I felt like this team didnt need it to come in on washtom as much, so I figured i could afford grass stab. Stun sport paras jirachi so kyu beats it, tspikes are excellent for keld and sub kyu. next mon was av reun which is here over hat because I wasn't super worried about tspikes+ i like having regen for noivern, because sub kyu gets forced out by it kinda often so its good to have, also wanted a super reliable hat check and cm jirachi check. Helps with keld mu too cuz rose is no synth. Skarm here because i needed a check for terrak and lycan and all the other goonies, scarf mienshao last because regen is oto nice here with no hazard control and i just like it better as speed control on fatter stuff (even if this isnt that fat). However I dont love this team (and the next team) because fat isn't that good, these kyu skarm hat/reun type teams didn't perform that well in wcop so ig my gut was right
https://pokepast.es/b2912740c677df3d

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 9.13.24 PM.png

Another one of these kyurem hat balance type teams, again not a huge fan of these and they do tend to turn out relatively similar b/c kyu is weird to build with but I wanted a good range of teams. The idea for this was to build around curstro for pif/anish since it looked hard for them to beat, its boots because immunity to tspikes is excellent, its also sticky hold (on purpose btw lol) because rotom dont 2hko anyway + you have kyu +boots are broken as shit lemme keep those on. Weezing is here for the ground resist, its aromatherapy which is super cool so you can switch kyu into twave or gastro into toxic or whatever, it was also ngas but then i went with boots gastro so i didn't need it anymore. Hatterene is here manily for vern, also for kyu, I was gonna put reun again but i got talked out of it, i think they're right hat is probs better here. Anyways jirachi was here because you need a steel and again when you need a steel plus role compression, rocks in this case, you go to jirachi. basic jirachi set, goat jirachi set too when you hit, helps with hat and other jirachi (if you para the other jirachi you beat with kyu) scarf mienshao again bc regen is nice and theres no other scarfer id rather use here
https://pokepast.es/74031e7fc52b0d9b

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 9.23.03 PM.png

This team was built around a core that is very good rn and pretty fun, keld+goon+vern are really nice together and I figured I would build something with them. Flip turn keld again, its a pretty basic idea, you turn out into goon on slowking and stuff and it goes in. Doublade is super good here because it gives you a reliable pivot into coba/terrak/iron head/etc all the stuff thats gonna piss goon off, also helps with lycan, rhyperior here to give rocks and prevent washtom from spamming volt, also helps with vern, hat, weezer, doub, ttar, good, a bunch of stuff, vern here for a second fight resist+ground immunity+help vs washtom, scarf jirachi because I needed a better steel than doub for hat and others and because hw is cool for keld and goon.
https://pokepast.es/8c84c1ca55b4d76c

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 9.33.08 PM.png

this team was built around the idea of lycanroc+dragalge, i knew i wanted a really good webs mu for the brazilians+i also knew they didnt stack dragalge resists and spammed washtom bo, and avarice and ftl suggested dragalge so here we go. Dragalge is nice with lycan because it chunks things like scarf jirachi and skarm, and it absorbs tspikes and pivots in on its checks like washtom or weezer or scarf cc. Rotom is here bc i knew i wanted some voltturn bo type thing and i needed a ground immune plus some help vs vern, which hard pressures, so i put some spdef into it. Rhyperior here again lol for the same reasons as the other team basically, heavy slam for weezer+hat. Then i put on doublade for a much needed reliable fighting resist, as well as help vs most jirachis and that kind of thing. Last slot was a scarfer, I think jirachi, but then i think it was sickist who mentioned a dark weakness and I just decided u know what i dont really need speed control who cares i have sneak+accelerock+twave+i cover most of the bases i need to with my 5 so i was like zoroark why not and then it actually fit really well the more i thought about it so here we are. You can use it to disguise as rotom to snipe kyu, lycan to snipe skarm, drag to snipe jirachi, there are just so many things you can do with it and its a lot of fun, its not even a bad team either its alright. Hard pressured by vern but thats ok, its a very similar sort of retro rhyp+doub+floaty offense like the other team but these types of teams are pretty enjoyable and solid
https://pokepast.es/7b8c9d9495cbc0c8

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 9.43.27 PM.png

This is i think the most recent golurk team I have in my builder, I mostly made this one for goofing off on ladder and later for tests so the team didn't know all the sets lol anyways it was built around metronome sub golurk which was the best set in blissey meta but i forgot to change it kek it still has merit though because you get some power and you don't kill yourself on helmet skarm and quag and all the fatties, i do think sub is the best set though because its just way too good. paired it with rose to remove tspikes and to switch into weezer, washtom, etc, lay up spikes on them, and to be a secondary fighting resist, this is the good rose if u know u know the evs are pretty old but i updated them for the current meta i forgot what they do though. Rocks jirachi here because steel+sr its gotta be jirachi so yeah rotom-w here for a floaty mon plus help vs vern and incin an scarf jirachi mu which are pretty dreadful, it helps with tons of other stuff too though and is just really good, plus you need a reliable krook pivot every time you use golurk. Scarf keldeo because dark types were scary and because it can flip turn in on slowking for lurk, also I wanted help with incin and something to help vs offense mu, incin is last because jirachi is a threat, also having a polt check is super duper nice rn, helps a ton with sycther and hat and vern and kyu as well. You will lose to cm jirachi most likely, especially if under webs or screens, but yeah hes broke anyways so and i just realized that my washtom had 128 spa modest and i still won games with this wow washtom really is broken
https://pokepast.es/f35d6c4b4f1488f4

by the way all of these teams lose to golurk but thats ok bc these were all built before golurk caught on I thought it was just me tmm solo and our teams who knew about it so if you lose to golurk not my fault

now i can delete all these from my builder thank you

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
well since we're out it can help so heres the team i built for wcop :

click here

too lazy to make a real description im just dropping the team if anyone wants to use but i'll talk about 3 sets who did nothing during those matchs but they are pretty heat and i'm a flexer.

:pangoro:

okay so first of all i used scarf panda who did absolutely nothing but im still conviced is good. a good check to mimikyu thanks to mold breaker and checks additionnal thing like poltea (depends lol) lycan life orb mienshao terrak incin rachi celebi necrozma kyurem and can pshot his common checks aka weezing and skarm (they can be 2HKOed after some chip tho something like 20% if you get the prediction right but w/e) to abuse them with things like toxt (like i used in the team) or chandy or idk up to u. vivalospride called it viable so fuck you guys.

:incineroar:

okayy this one more common and i didnt used it but it was my second build for ip and i wanted to talk about a specific set : flame charge. flame charge incin is pretty cool in the meta you can easily abuse mons like terrak who are supposed to check you but who are dropping from cc after a bit of chip (like flame charge + rocks lol). it outspeeds the 110 speed base after a flame charge which is pretty cool and still provide utility for checking stuff like poltea (fuck poltea lol). also better at checking mmq and a cool sweeper imo so dont sleep on this im writting this post just after i won on ladd with this set on ladder so i'll drop a replay so you have an idea. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1173302321-0lzcodn26bjam20fr88f2dhy4ee91a2pw

:gastrodon:

okay this is just a flex i used memento gastro against solo but i dont think i clicked memento so w/e. iirc Ajna used it during uupl thats where the idea came from. memento is such a cool move but no need to explain it. i usually pair it with shit like lycan or flame charge incin idk its just cool and i wanted to point it out since gastro is pretty good atm.

go south ! ig idk i hate america

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)