SS NU Voltturn balance

mummy

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone :)
I have recently started to play a bit of NU and this is my first attempt at building a team in this tier. I sometimes struggle a bit with, but I can not really pinpoint the issues and therefore hope i could get some help here.

When I started to build the team, I wanted to use Volt Switch and U-turns to safely bring in Teddyy so I can deal a lot of damage, because he can hit really hard. The first draft of the team had a U-turn Articuno-galar, which i had to switch out because i had some significant problems and replaced it for Eldegoss.

:Eldegoss:
puffpuff (Eldegoss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Leaf Storm
- Light Screen
- Sleep Powder

I added Eldegoss because I felt i was having a lot of hard times vs Shell Smash Blastoise and some other special attackers. My team doesnt seem too concerned about Hazards, but a Rapid Spin is still a good thing to have, especially against webs. I chose Leaf Storm as my attack, to be able to damage Blastoise hard enough, Sleep Powder is self-exeplanatory, but for Light Screen I have no good reason, but it does a good job when Salazzles are switching in. Could probably be replaced but I don't know with what, maybe I could just keep it, idkkk ^^

:Bewear:
Teddyy (Bewear) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Superpower
- Double-Edge
- Darkest Lariat

Teddyy is my star of the team. Thanks to his ability he has no problem with any physical attacks and hits everything in the tier really hard. With Drain Punch he can even heal himself and stay longer in the game, which appears especially helpful against Spikes teams. I am not sure about my EVs, but I chose to go with some more Def because he has already a very high HP stat and I don't want him to stay in special attacks either way. Suggestions to change the EVs are very welcome!

:Arcanine:
doge (Arcanine) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Arcanine was mainly added because of the fire resistance, since fire is deadly for Bewear. She also helps as a somewhat answer for Salazzle, Steels, etc.. Maybe I should play Intimidate though, to better switch into the steels? Toxic is supposed to hit waters and Flare Blitz is just really strong, while I wanted to have Extreme Speed to have a backup priority move, in case I need it and it turned out really helpful a lot of times.

:Flygon:
Shrek (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Flygon used to be Choice Scarf on this team at first, but later I realized it doesn't really help with much and I'd rather have it have Roost to better deal with Salazzle and not being locked into Earthquake, which can be taken advantage of very hard. Fire Blast is used to hit Bronzong and grass types harder, but it doesnt seem like a very good option, maybe there is a better move that I could play. Draco Meteor or Defog were my ideas, although I don't think Defog is needed here at all and I should probably keep the offensive with this team and especially here with this Flygon.

:Bronzong:
ZONG! (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect

Bronzong is my answer to rocks and it sets up rocks for my team too. Stealth Rocks are always helpful and he finds a lot of opportunities to set them up. It also is a great answer for psychic and dragon moves/types that are mainly handled by Toxic and sometimes by Earthquake too. Earthquake also helps me to not be walled by other steels. I sometimes feel a bit out of place when I play vs Xatu or other Bronzongs, as I can't touch them AT ALL. But I also don't know how I could fix this or if I'm fine with just switching out of those.

:Rotom-Mow:
mow mow (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Trick

mow mow is my Volt Switcher to set up for Teddyy and it really does it's job great. I use Dark Pulse as a move, because I otherwise couldn't hit Celebi and Dhelmise and it in general seems like an okayish move to lock into, because a lot of things get hit neutrally by it. Most of the time, of course, I want to Volt Switch though, and with its grass type, mow mow doesn't easily get stopped by ground types so it can more efficiently switch around. Trick can be a good move to cripple some defensive wall, but I don't see myself clicking it often, maybe this could be replaced? But then again, it feels necessary vs e.g. a defensive CM Cresselia, which could just set up and win against me if I go wrong somewhere.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this, I really appreciate that. And please feel welcome to note everything you notice, to help me improve this team, I really do like the idea behind it.

Again, thanks for reading and I am looking forward to every response :D

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Major Changes
Eldgegoss -> Goodra
:goodra:
Eldgegoss is honestly weird and I feel like Goodra is a better option here. Rotom-C and Flygon are better hazard removers on the team and seeing that you are having problems with Grass-types I think this is the perfect replacement. Goodra is a nice switch-in to Vileplume especially when it can put Fire- and Psychic-types that may try and come into it to Sleep with Sleep Powder. Pretty much everything on this team can get status'd by Sleep Powder or hit by Sludge Bomb whereas Goodra with Sap Sipper doesn't mind switching in. Goodra also helps with the Blastoise problem along with helping with Mantine(where Leaf Storm does nothing) with Thunderbolt. Goodra naturally eats a +2 Ice Beam from base and with AV.
:ss/goodra:
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Fire Blast -> Defog (Flygon)
:flygon:
Defog fits here over Fire Blast and honestly, Bronzong 1v1's Flygon with Protect + Toxic/Slam: 0 SpA Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 86-102 (25.4 - 30.1%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery. Escavalier and Bronzong can be U-turn'd on to bring Arcanine or Band Bewear in, Since this is running a more supportive set, I suggest maximizing its HP EVs to better its survivability.
:ss/flygon:
Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Arcanine
:arcanine:
I adjusted the Arcanine EV'd a little, 68 Speed EVs outspeeds Jolly Bewear, and the standard Substitute Cresselia analysis spread. You mentioned Cresselia being an issue for the team and I see that 116 Attack breaks its Substitute to allow you to Toxic it and spam Morning Sun (or just go into Bronzong). I feel like defensive EVs are a little better here to switch into physical attackers like Bewear or Meinshao so I dumped the rest into Def and made it Impish. I'm not really a fan of Extreme Speed on defensive variants and you didn't list any Pokemon of what it "clutches". Teleport is really nice on a defensive variant to allow you to go into Rotom-C since Water- and Ground-types will try to switch into Arcanine. (80 Speed can still work just take from Def EVs though).
:ss/arcanine:
Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 76 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Teleport
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
116 Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Cresselia: 111-132 (25 - 29.7%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bewear
:bewear:
Using a Jolly Nature with max Speed allows Bewear to outspeed stuff like Jolly Pangoro and Golurk. Close Combat is better than Superpower because Superpower lowers its Attack stat every time it is used as opposed to CC which lowers its defensive stats. Bewear is also naturally bulky so it should survive a few physical attacks before dying.
:ss/bewear:
Teddyy (Bewear) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- Drain Punch

Minor Changes
Dark Pulse -> Thunderbolt (Rotom-C)
:rotom-mow:
Celebi and Dhelmise are already handled by U-turn Flygon, Fire Blast Goodra, Band Bewear(Darkest Lariat), and etc while Thunderbolt can be used to pick up KOs Rotom-C may need later in the match.

Toxic -> Gyro Ball / Heavy Slam (Bronzong)
:bronzong:
I feel like running a steel move is crucial to hit Fairy- and floating Pokemon. Mystical Fire Specs Sylveon is also a threat if you aren't using more special defense EVs: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Bronzong: 182-216 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. I am not a huge fan of Earthquake Bronzong directly for Steel-types because the main Steels that are used in NU are Escavalier, Bronzong, and Copperajah. Copperajah has Curse + Crash, Escavalier has Knock + Megahorn, and Bronzong vs Bronzong is wack lol. It does help so it's not fodder to like SubToxic Salazzle though.
:ss/bronzong:
ZONG! (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
Good Luck with the team, ~Roxiee

mummy

Banned deucer.
Oh my god, thank you so much!!!! Sorry for the late response ^^

Goodra is exactly the mon I was looking for and didn't find!! The team works amazingly better with these changes, thank you so much again!!!

roxie

is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god, thank you so much!!!! Sorry for the late response ^^

Goodra is exactly the mon I was looking for and didn't find!! The team works amazingly better with these changes, thank you so much again!!!
Glad you like the changes! Since bewear is banned, you could tryout band or leek sirfetchd. It uses cc knock brave bird poison jab

mummy

Banned deucer.
Oh no, I played a bit on weekend, didnt realize he was banned now. I will try out Sirfetchd for sure! I like Mienshao too, I think this could work too, I'll just try and see I guess ^^

roxie

Oh no, I played a bit on weekend, didnt realize he was banned now. I will try out Sirfetchd for sure! I like Mienshao too, I think this could work too, I'll just try and see I guess ^^
Mienshao is good too, I'd suggest a LO set though since your team has a scarfer, it uses Pjab / CC / Knock / U-turn , feel free to hmu on cord Roxiee#7869

e: One more thing, Sirfetch'd is Adamant and Mienshao is Jolly :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)