Weatherless Offense

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, it's me, cosmicdonutsummer, back with a new team!
Preview:

Skip this part if you don't like reading:
So it all began when I was bored and asked PS!'s lobby:
alyssathegreat: anyone wants to teambuild for Gen 5 OU?
instantly, I was PMed by someone:
ranosdinaod: hi
He wanted to teambuild with me. So we discussed and soon after, he had to go, but he left me with some golden words:
ranosdinaod: bisharp is a really good pokemon
ranosdinaod: and just build from there :]
ranosdinaod:
sub sd
We also came up with a conclusion:
ranosdinaod: so its gonna be weatherless?
alyssathegreat: yup
ranosdinaod: okay
alyssathegreat:
and it will use underrated threats

I instantly started building.
So the first draft I came up with was:

However, it had many exploitable holes. I couldn't see him after that, so I had to build myself.
Obviously, it has changed a lot, and even went off Bisharp :'(

Onto the pokemon themselves:

Lucario @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
(credit to Gennosuke Fujiki )

Right. What can I say about Lucario? It fixes many of my team's holes and deal with threats very well
and deals with many things spectacularly. Often, it wins many games for me.
Why isn't this used more? If only it had better abilities...
Moves:
Close Combat: STAB and deals with Dark-types very well. It also can help when I need to get rid of Blissey/Chansey.
Extreme Speed: Used to pick off weakened Pokemon.
Swords Dance: As Lucario forces many switches, it can easily get a SD up.
Crunch- Hits Ghosts and Psychic types that trouble Lucario.

EVs & Nature:
252 Spd retains max speed. 252 Atk + Adamant is to increase damage while 4 SDef is filler.

(credit to users Gennosuke Fujiki and Leftiez )
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 HP / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
The last addition to my team, it has been doing quite well over Mienshao.
Moves:
Stealth Rock: A necessity for teams, it can incur residual damage for the team to work more efficiently.
U-turn: Gains momentum and forms a Volt-turn core with Rotom-W.
EQ: STAB and dents anything that doesn't resist it.
Stone Miss Edge: Has near-perfect coverage with EQ.

EVs & Nature:
252 Atk + Adamant gives maximum power. 136 HP guarantees SR on the field because of increased bulk. 120 Spd is for enough speed to outspeed common OU threats.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

There is absolutely no reason it should have been unbanned. Nothing can switch into it.

Moves:
Ice Beam: STAB and hits Dragons for SE damage. Also, has perfect coverage with Earth Power because of Teravolt.
Earth Power: Hits things that don't fall to Ice Beam, since it has perfect coverage with it. If they are both neutral use Ice Beam because it has STAB.
Fusion Bolt: Has good coverage with Ice Beam and works very well to prevent rain teams from doing anything.
Substitute: The crux of the set, once Kyu-B is behind a Sub, it can easily kill 2-3 pokemon.

EVs and Nature:
252 Speed + Hasty gives it enough speed to outspeed common OU threats. 56 HP is for 101 subs and 200 SAtk is for maximum power on Ice Beam and Earth Power.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

(credit to Gennosuke Fujiki )
The glue of my team, it can manhandle many OU threats easily.
Moves:
Iron Head: Jirachi's infamous flinch move, it works as good STAB.
Ice Punch: It can help to revenge-kill Dragons while working to kill Ground-types.
Healing Wish: Helps late-game to revive Lucario or Kyurem-B.
U-turn: Gets momentum and can acquire chip damage.

EVs & Nature:
252 Atk gives maximum Atk while 252 Spd + Jolly gives a lot of speed. 4 SDef is filler.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

My main Scarfer, Chandelure can do many things. After a Flash Fire boost, it's Fire Blast can roast many things. 145 base SAtk is not to be messed with.
Moves:
Fire Blast: It's main STAB, after a Flash Fire boost, it can 2HKO resists.
HP Fighting: Has perfect coverage with Shadow Ball and provides an option to hit Heatran.
Shadow Ball: Has perfect coverage with HP Fighting and hits Lati@s.
Trick: After luring walls, I can Trick my Choice item to it to cripple it for the rest of the match.

EVs & Nature:
252 Spd and Timid Nature give enough Speed for the Scarf to work well. 252 SAtk give maximum firepower. 4 SDef is filler.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My spinner, Starmie is very versatile.
Moves:
Hydro Pump: It's main STAB, it powers through much of the metagame.
Thunderbolt: Having near-perfect coverage with Ice Beam, it takes care of Gyarados and other Water-types.
Ice Beam: Hitting Dragons, it is very important coverage.
Rapid Spin: Spinning away hazards, it makes Starmie a very important team member.

EVs & Nature:
252 SAtk is for maximum power. 252 Speed + Timid gives it very high speed and 4 SDef is filler.

Conclusion:
So, this team hopes to prove that things that are infrequently used aren't horrible, rather, they can be very threatening.
Thank you for reading this RMT and have a nice day!

Importable:
Code:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
I'm terrible at OU, but I will do my best to rate the team since you asked me to!

This team's distinct lack of hazards and priority stands out immediatly, as well as a weakness towards bulky psychics such as Reuniclus. The first thing you could probably do is run Terrakion with stealth rocks over Lucario, as it fills a similar purpose but can help you set up some form of hazards, which aids Kyurem and Chandy greatly.

While two scarfs is nice, I find it uneccessary on your team. Instead, I suggest you run Ebelt Bluff Rotom, with Signal Beam over Trick to hit celebi or reuniclus.

Idk what to replace it with, but Raikou doesn't fit...

K goin back to NU I suck at rating OU no idea what I'm doing lol..

fleurdyleurse

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm terrible at OU, but I will do my best to rate the team since you asked me to!

This team's distinct lack of hazards and priority stands out immediatly, as well as a weakness towards bulky psychics such as Reuniclus. The first thing you could probably do is run Terrakion with stealth rocks over Lucario, as it fills a similar purpose but can help you set up some form of hazards, which aids Kyurem and Chandy greatly.

While two scarfs is nice, I find it uneccessary on your team. Instead, I suggest you run Ebelt Bluff Rotom, with Signal Beam over Trick to hit celebi or reuniclus.

Idk what to replace it with, but Raikou doesn't fit...

K goin back to NU I suck at rating OU no idea what I'm doing lol..
The scarf on Rotom isn't really a scarf because I trick it for lefties and aids me greatly to deal with Garchomp. If I do replace Luke I will lose my only Dragon resist so I might use Scarfrachi instead of Raikou and then maybe I could use your Rotom set. Thanks for your help, though, and I will try to use your suggestions.

Edit: I have replaced Raikou with ScarfRachi and replaced Rotom's set. Thank you for the help so far!

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont have much time, but i will give it a quick rate. I love using pokemon from lower tiers, and i have found that fakeout-shao isnt good. Mienshoa has a nice special attack, and one of the only reasons to run it over terrakion is for hp ice to hurt lando-t and gliscor. I recomend you to change it to life orb (ik burns can be enoying, but it likes the speed) with hjk, stone edge, hp ice and uturn (taunt isnt too good in ou imo), change 4 evs to spatk and run naive. Also with lucario, its best niche is setting up, so i would recomend swords dance over crunch.

Otherwise its a nice team, maybe run uturn on jirachi but that is to do with your preference.

fleurdyleurse

I dont have much time, but i will give it a quick rate. I love using pokemon from lower tiers, and i have found that fakeout-shao isnt good. Mienshoa has a nice special attack, and one of the only reasons to run it over terrakion is for hp ice to hurt lando-t and gliscor. I recomend you to change it to life orb (ik burns can be enoying, but it likes the speed) with hjk, stone edge, hp ice and uturn (taunt isnt too good in ou imo), change 4 evs to spatk and run naive. Also with lucario, its best niche is setting up, so i would recomend swords dance over crunch.

Otherwise its a nice team, maybe run uturn on jirachi but that is to do with your preference.
Thanks for the rate, I will definitely apply the changes! One question: why isn't fake out good?

I agree on Running U-Turn over Fire Punch, you might also want to consider Healing Wish > Trick for a fun option, but thats honestly optional and Niche.

HP Ice is only to hit Dragons and flying types, Fake Out doesn't completely benefit Mienshao, and while it gives it an extra turn to scout, as well a bit more reliable revenge killing, it's niche. I personally run Fake Out, but I can see why HP Ice would outclass it.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate, I will definitely apply the changes! One question: why isn't fake out good?
It is a waste of a move, and the chip damage isnt too huge. Also, seeing meinshoa, they would switch to a check and it is better to get momentum by uturning than getting fake out damage on it then getting a risky uturn of. Overall hp ice is much better

Mmmmkay, I got your request. I'll see what I can do.

First of all your Lucario lacks power. Lucario's main job is to sweep lategame, but with his underwhelming unboosted attackstat of 110, he generally needs Swords Dance. Finding room for it is a bit harder, as Luke suffers from 4MSS quite a bit, but throwing away Crunch or Ice Punch is the best option. Due to his low speed stat of 90 (which is why he isn't used a lot, to answer that question), Crunch often seems to be the better option (the mons hit by Ice Punch more often than not are faster and has a SE move) but it is your personal preference in this matter. Also, Extremespeed should always be used over Bullet Punch. It is stronger, it more reliably patches up his weak speed stat and hits unbelievably powerful at +2. You should also run Adamant, as Jolly doesn't give you any important speedtiers (you still outspeed Timid Heatran by one point).

But this obviously makes your team even weaker to Terrakion, so I'm gonna suggest you to drop Mienshao for something else. Mienshao has a niche in OU, yes, but it is too frail to truly shine. What I'd instead run is Offensive Pivot Landorus-T, as he still gives you the option to U-turn around and he also grants you the opportunity to setup Stealth Rocks, while being a much more reliable switch-in to Terrakion and he also gives your team more of a synergetic stance, as it were.

I would also try to fit in U-turn somewhere on your Jirachi. Maybe dropping Trick, as it really is very situational and less useful than U-turn. I would also fit in Thunderpunch over Firepunch to have something to handle +1 Gyarados with in case you were to lose your Rotom-W.

fleurdyleurse

Mmmmkay, I got your request. I'll see what I can do.

First of all your Lucario lacks power. Lucario's main job is to sweep lategame, but with his underwhelming unboosted attackstat of 110, he generally needs Swords Dance. Finding room for it is a bit harder, as Luke suffers from 4MSS quite a bit, but throwing away Crunch or Ice Punch is the best option. Due to his low speed stat of 90 (which is why he isn't used a lot, to answer that question), Crunch often seems to be the better option (the mons hit by Ice Punch more often than not are faster and has a SE move) but it is your personal preference in this matter. Also, Extremespeed should always be used over Bullet Punch. It is stronger, it more reliably patches up his weak speed stat and hits unbelievably powerful at +2. You should also run Adamant, as Jolly doesn't give you any important speedtiers (you still outspeed Timid Heatran by one point).

But this obviously makes your team even weaker to Terrakion, so I'm gonna suggest you to drop Mienshao for something else. Mienshao has a niche in OU, yes, but it is too frail to truly shine. What I'd instead run is Offensive Pivot Landorus-T, as he still gives you the option to U-turn around and he also grants you the opportunity to setup Stealth Rocks, while being a much more reliable switch-in to Terrakion and he also gives your team more of a synergetic stance, as it were.

I would also try to fit in U-turn somewhere on your Jirachi. Maybe dropping Trick, as it really is very situational and less useful than U-turn. I would also fit in Thunderpunch over Firepunch to have something to handle +1 Gyarados with in case you were to lose your Rotom-W.
Thanks for the help. I will definitely try these suggestions.

Edit: I have implemented these changes: Lucario's set, U-turn over Trick and ThunderPunch over FirePunch on Jirachi and HP Ice over Fake Out on Mienshao. I already do have a counter to Terrakion in Jirachi, so I won't use Lando-T. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hi Cosmic.
It is a very interesting team you have there, this team reminds me a CustapSkarmory Offense. I like your team, you're using volturn from Rotom/Mienshao and Jirachi to create offensive pressure with Lucario/KyuremB/Chandelure, so you can beat any team not having lot of momentum (lack of spinner and you have 2 Pokémon weak to Stealth Rocks). But I notice very annoying weaknesses for your team.

First I notice weakness against Terrakion, any set can be very inconvenient for your team, because with a good prediction it can kill Chandelure and then spamm Close Combat, and jirachi cannot come directly on Terrakion because Close Combat is x1, then the opponent can switch and come after to continue, so you'll be very disadvantaged.

Then I noticed your weakness against Gliscor SubToxic, it can set up on Chandelure (locked) /Jira (Locked) / Lucario, if he set up a substitute... you lost the match. Rotom-W can't do anything against Gliscor because the opponent can spamm protect + Substitute + Toxic and kill Rotom-W even though it is faster and rotom hasn't paint split or Rest to heal.
Finally you can't do anything against Gastrodon, it wall throughout your team, and it can even set up on Kyurem-B, it's really embarrassing for you, because only Chandelure can make it much damage with Energy ball, but it cannot come directly to Gastrodon because Earthquake/Scald then you're forced to let a Pokémon die to come upon him. It is really disadvantageous.

My changes:
Landorus-T Over Mienshao ==> Landorus-T is a very good pokemon for your team it can easily come on Terrakion but also on Dragonite-Lucario-Salamence, then I noticed There's no stealth rock, it is a good pokemon to do it, and then it has Uturn to keep your Volturn. Try Hpice for Gliscor too ;)

Rotom-W@Chesto Berry (Hydropump/Hp grass/Rest/Voltswitch): It is simple with this set you can beat Gliscor and Gastrodon, because you can attract Gastrodon and 2HKO it with Hidden Power Grass, and you can come more easily on Gliscor subToxic because you will be faster and you can use the chesto if missplay. You can keep your spread. But be careful.

I hope I Helped and good luck with your team.
~Leftiez

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

I'm using my one-time bump as this team has been stagnant for 3 days w/o any rates. i did add something that Qualna said: to add some EVs to Speed for Landorus-T.
Hi Cosmic.
It is a very interesting team you have there, this team reminds me a CustapSkarmory Offense. I like your team, you're using volturn from Rotom/Mienshao and Jirachi to create offensive pressure with Lucario/KyuremB/Chandelure, so you can beat any team not having lot of momentum (lack of spinner and you have 2 Pokémon weak to Stealth Rocks). But I notice very annoying weaknesses for your team.

First I notice weakness against Terrakion, any set can be very inconvenient for your team, because with a good prediction it can kill Chandelure and then spamm Close Combat, and jirachi cannot come directly on Terrakion because Close Combat is x1, then the opponent can switch and come after to continue, so you'll be very disadvantaged.

Then I noticed your weakness against Gliscor SubToxic, it can set up on Chandelure (locked) /Jira (Locked) / Lucario, if he set up a substitute... you lost the match. Rotom-W can't do anything against Gliscor because the opponent can spamm protect + Substitute + Toxic and kill Rotom-W even though it is faster and rotom hasn't paint split or Rest to heal.
Finally you can't do anything against Gastrodon, it wall throughout your team, and it can even set up on Kyurem-B, it's really embarrassing for you, because only Chandelure can make it much damage with Energy ball, but it cannot come directly to Gastrodon because Earthquake/Scald then you're forced to let a Pokémon die to come upon him. It is really disadvantageous.

My changes:
Landorus-T Over Mienshao ==> Landorus-T is a very good pokemon for your team it can easily come on Terrakion but also on Dragonite-Lucario-Salamence, then I noticed There's no stealth rock, it is a good pokemon to do it, and then it has Uturn to keep your Volturn. Try Hpice for Gliscor too ;)

Rotom-W@Chesto Berry (Hydropump/Hp grass/Rest/Voltswitch): It is simple with this set you can beat Gliscor and Gastrodon, because you can attract Gastrodon and 2HKO it with Hidden Power Grass, and you can come more easily on Gliscor subToxic because you will be faster and you can use the chesto if missplay. You can keep your spread. But be careful.

I hope I Helped and good luck with your team.
~Leftiez
Yeah, I changed Mienshao but forgot to update it. Mienshao. However, I am not walled by Gastrodon at all. It can't take repeated hits from my team and live. Therefore, I will not change the set for Rotom-W.

Edit: Zephos has returned and suggested Trick over Energy Ball which has been working very well!

Last edited:
One particular combo that walls 4 of your team is the infamous skarmbliss combo.

Lucario:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 261-308 (78.1 - 92.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 216-255 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lucario can kill SkarmBliss, but it is left with either low health, low defences or both afterwards.

Landorus:
252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 75-89 (22.4 - 26.6%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-1 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 78-93 (22 - 26.3%) -- 9% chance to 4HKO

Skarmory can wall it and spam roost+brave bird to eventually take it down

Kyurem-B:
48 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 278-328 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Blissey can toxic stall it, but kyurem-b can possibly take it down if blissey has been injured previously.

Rotom-Wash:
252 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 76-91 (10.6 - 12.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 120-142 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Blisssey can tank rotom's hits easily.

Jirachi:
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 198-234 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Jirachi Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 78-94 (23.3 - 28.1%) -- 17.5% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Jirachi can beat SkarmBliss, but it all depends on the hax. Your jirachi doesn't use wish so it can possibly lose. Most of the time it should counter it easily.

Chandelure:
252 SpA Flash Fire Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 225-265 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage

Blissey can toxic stall.

--
Your team can counter skarmbliss with the u-turn volt switch combo with terrakion and rotom as well, but if the opposing team has stealth rock up (you don't have a rapid spinner) then it could still cause trouble.

The two counters to skarmbliss are both part steel, so you'll have to be cautious of fire types when you see a skarmbliss on the opposing team as well.

SkarmBliss isn't an ABSOLUTE counter to your team but it does cause a lot of trouble if lucario or jirachi are down.

--
EDIT: alright

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

One particular combo that walls 4 of your team is the infamous skarmbliss combo.

Lucario:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 261-308 (78.1 - 92.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 216-255 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lucario can kill SkarmBliss, but it is left with either low health, low defences or both afterwards.

Landorus:
252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 75-89 (22.4 - 26.6%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-1 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 78-93 (22 - 26.3%) -- 9% chance to 4HKO

Skarmory can wall it and spam roost+brave bird to eventually take it down

Kyurem-B:
48 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 278-328 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Blissey can toxic stall it, but kyurem-b can possibly take it down if blissey has been injured previously.

Rotom-Wash:
252 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 76-91 (10.6 - 12.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 120-142 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Blisssey can tank rotom's hits easily.

Jirachi:
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 198-234 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Jirachi Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 78-94 (23.3 - 28.1%) -- 17.5% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Jirachi can beat SkarmBliss, but it all depends on the hax. Your jirachi doesn't use wish so it can possibly lose. Most of the time it should counter it easily.

Chandelure:
252 SpA Flash Fire Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 225-265 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage

Blissey can toxic stall.

--
Your team can counter skarmbliss with the u-turn volt switch combo with terrakion and rotom as well, but if the opposing team has stealth rock up (you don't have a rapid spinner) then it could still cause trouble.

The two counters to skarmbliss are both part steel, so you'll have to be cautious of fire types when you see a skarmbliss on the opposing team as well.

SkarmBliss isn't an ABSOLUTE counter to your team but it does cause a lot of trouble if lucario or jirachi are down.

--
Suggestions:
ill do more in the morning hang on
Ehh...If I can predict well I can also kill it in like 3 turns. We all know how shaky SkarmBliss is. It doesn't really trouble me since I have had 10 battles with good SkarmBliss teams and won all of them. In other news, I changed Lando to a bulkier set.

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

Sorry RMT mods for double posting, but the last rate was 1 week ago. Anyway, after some testing, these are the confirmed changes:
Sub on Kyu-B
Landorus => more defensive set
Trick on chandelure
The following changes allow me to deal with stall better and also offense.
Thank you all who have helped with the team!

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
What the crap is ebelt Rotom? I hope you realize that Celebi is still faster and has a super effective STAB against Rotom. Also Signal Beam can't even OHKO the Sp. Def variants. Also once Lando-T is weakened, you get murdered by Scarf Chomp. With smart prediction, Lando will be easily worn down as well because it has no recovery. I would suggest the standard scarf Keldeo over Lucario. This easily gets rid of Scarf Chomp and forms a cool dual scarfer core with Chandelure.

fleurdyleurse

What the crap is ebelt Rotom? I hope you realize that Celebi is still faster and has a super effective STAB against Rotom. Also Signal Beam can't even OHKO the Sp. Def variants. Also once Lando-T is weakened, you get murdered by Scarf Chomp. With smart prediction, Lando will be easily worn down as well because it has no recovery. I would suggest the standard scarf Keldeo over Lucario. This easily gets rid of Scarf Chomp and forms a cool dual scarfer core with Chandelure.
I hope you realize that so many scarfs is not going to work. Sure, ScarfChomp may seem dangerous, but it is locked into a move. Lucario can also get rid of ScarfChomp by ESpeed. Signal Beam is for extra coverage and to hit Celebi on the switch, not to hit it normally. In fact, my team does very well against the "threats" you mentioned.

Thank you, though, for bothering to rate this team.

Hi cosmicdonutsummer,

This is a pretty interesting offensive team here. I think your main problem will be dealing with hazards, as two of your Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rocks, and both of your Scarfers are grounded, which means that they will be very quickly worn down by Spikes.

On Landorus-T, I think you should run Leftovers instead of Lum Berry. Although Lum Berry helps Lando-T switch into Will-o-wisp and Spore, Leftovers is much more useful because it gives Lando-T some recovery, prolonging its longevity and allowing it to repeatedly switch into strong physical attakcs.

On Kyurem-B, I recommend that you run a Hasty (+Spe, -Def) nature instead of Naive. Kyurem-B should be setting up substitutes on specially-attacking Pokemon such as Politoad, Rotom-W, and Celebi, so maximizing Kyurem-B's specially defense ensures that the aforementioned Pokemon won't break its Substitute. In addition, unless behind of a Substitute, Kyurem-B should be switching out of most physical attackers, so lowering its defense isn't a big problem.

On Jirachi, I suggest that you run Healing Wish instead of ThunderPunch. Even though ThunderPunch allows you to revenge Gyarados and hits Skarmory super-effectively, Rotom-W already checks Gyarados really well and Skamory takes less than 30% from ThunderPunch. Instead, Healing Wish allows you to sacrafice Jirachi and fully heal a crippled teammate, which greatly helps you in endgame options, such as healing Lucario to allow it to sweep or healing Rotom-W to prevent you from being swept.

To help with entry hazard, I think you can use an offensive Starmie with Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, Psyshock, and Ice Beam instead of Rotom-W. Starmie can Rapid Spin while maintaining momentum with its good special attack and high speed. This helps Chandelure and Kyurem-B a lot by ensuring that they don't get too easily worn down by Stealth Rocks. In addition, Starmie can help against Custap Skamory + Gengar teams, and it KO Gengar and then spin Skarmory's hazards away. Hydro Pump KOs any Tyranitar switch-ins, Psyshock deals Keldeo and other fighting-types, while Ice Beam gives Starmie good coverage.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team testing:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-80256836
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-80257850

Current Team
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Team with Changes
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Hey bro this is a unique team that you have, it's quite an unorthodox offensive team. However it doesn't seem to have the finesse that a great black and white team should have. Your primary sweeper is Lucario, a pokémon that is fearsome when set up properly. However Lucario has to choose between ice punch, bullet punch, and crunch. I cannot stress enough how important it is to run Bullet Punch > Crunch this is because bullet punch allows you to OHKO both Terrakion and Gengar after stealth rock damage.

To alleviate the loss of the dark coverage on Lucario I'm going to suggest Tyranitar > Chandelure so that you can trap the Jellicent that are rampant in the black and white metagame. Tyranitar I chose to suggest the choice banded set over the specially defensive spread because it gave you the power to muscle through quite a few threats. The speed evs will allow you to outrun the standard choice banded Scizor. Since you needed stealth rocks it also works for that and lum berry allows you to switch into a random Will-o-Wisp or scald burn from a Politoed.

Next up I suggest Specially Defensive > Expert Belt on Rotom-W mainly for the sake that your team utterly hates rain teams and especially those that packed alot of water spam which was quite common during that this metagame. This also allows you to take a few hits that could be very crucial to the momentum of your team.

Next up is a small change but it is to fix the EV Spread on Jirachi. The current spread will allow you to outspeed +1 Haxorus and kill it with an ice punch. It also allows you to use Jirachi to it's fullest by using an adamant nature on it to increase the maximum damage output that it can dish out. The rest run into the HP stat to allow you to sponge hits from Lati@s.

Fifthly I'm going to suggest that you seriously consider adding a Keldeo check to your team as it seriously will manhandle your team with the right prediction. Hence, I suggest Latias > Kyurem-B This allows you to help sponge hits from rain team alleviating pressure from Rotom-W and also check Keldeo simultaneously.

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 203-239 (52.5 - 61.9%) --L guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Finally I'm going to suggest that you change Landorus-T from your current set to the bulky double dance set highlighted in Ojama's GGolbat RMT it allows Landorus to take hits from pokemon such as Terrakion enough to tank two choice banded stone edges. It also allows you to have a second win condition/wallbreaker for the team that could prove incredibly useful.

TLDR:

1. Crunch => Bullet Punch

1. 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spd => 248 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 116 Spd
  2. Stealth Rock => Rock Polish
  3. U-Turn => Swords Dance

1. 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef => 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
  2. Thunderpunch => Healing Wish
=>

=>

1. Expert Belt Set => Specially Defensive

Import
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 116 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Recover

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spd
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

fleurdyleurse

Hi cosmicdonutsummer,

This is a pretty interesting offensive team here. I think your main problem will be dealing with hazards, as two of your Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rocks, and both of your Scarfers are grounded, which means that they will be very quickly worn down by Spikes.

On Landorus-T, I think you should run Leftovers instead of Lum Berry. Although Lum Berry helps Lando-T switch into Will-o-wisp and Spore, Leftovers is much more useful because it gives Lando-T some recovery, prolonging its longevity and allowing it to repeatedly switch into strong physical attakcs.

On Kyurem-B, I recommend that you run a Hasty (+Spe, -Def) nature instead of Naive. Kyurem-B should be setting up substitutes on specially-attacking Pokemon such as Politoad, Rotom-W, and Celebi, so maximizing Kyurem-B's specially defense ensures that the aforementioned Pokemon won't break its Substitute. In addition, unless behind of a Substitute, Kyurem-B should be switching out of most physical attackers, so lowering its defense isn't a big problem.

On Jirachi, I suggest that you run Healing Wish instead of ThunderPunch. Even though ThunderPunch allows you to revenge Gyarados and hits Skarmory super-effectively, Rotom-W already checks Gyarados really well and Skamory takes less than 30% from ThunderPunch. Instead, Healing Wish allows you to sacrafice Jirachi and fully heal a crippled teammate, which greatly helps you in endgame options, such as healing Lucario to allow it to sweep or healing Rotom-W to prevent you from being swept.

To help with entry hazard, I think you can use an offensive Starmie with Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, Psyshock, and Ice Beam instead of Rotom-W. Starmie can Rapid Spin while maintaining momentum with its good special attack and high speed. This helps Chandelure and Kyurem-B a lot by ensuring that they don't get too easily worn down by Stealth Rocks. In addition, Starmie can help against Custap Skamory + Gengar teams, and it KO Gengar and then spin Skarmory's hazards away. Hydro Pump KOs any Tyranitar switch-ins, Psyshock deals Keldeo and other fighting-types, while Ice Beam gives Starmie good coverage.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team testing:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-80256836
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-80257850
All of this makes sense, so I'll change it. Thanks! i'm going to use Tbolt>Psyshock, though
Current Team
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Team with Changes
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Hey bro this is a unique team that you have, it's quite an unorthodox offensive team. However it doesn't seem to have the finesse that a great black and white team should have. Your primary sweeper is Lucario, a pokémon that is fearsome when set up properly. However Lucario has to choose between ice punch, bullet punch, and crunch. I cannot stress enough how important it is to run Bullet Punch > Crunch this is because bullet punch allows you to OHKO both Terrakion and Gengar after stealth rock damage.

To alleviate the loss of the dark coverage on Lucario I'm going to suggest Tyranitar > Chandelure so that you can trap the Jellicent that are rampant in the black and white metagame. Tyranitar I chose to suggest the choice banded set over the specially defensive spread because it gave you the power to muscle through quite a few threats. The speed evs will allow you to outrun the standard choice banded Scizor. Since you needed stealth rocks it also works for that and lum berry allows you to switch into a random Will-o-Wisp or scald burn from a Politoed.

Next up I suggest Specially Defensive > Expert Belt on Rotom-W mainly for the sake that your team utterly hates rain teams and especially those that packed alot of water spam which was quite common during that this metagame. This also allows you to take a few hits that could be very crucial to the momentum of your team.

Next up is a small change but it is to fix the EV Spread on Jirachi. The current spread will allow you to outspeed +1 Haxorus and kill it with an ice punch. It also allows you to use Jirachi to it's fullest by using an adamant nature on it to increase the maximum damage output that it can dish out. The rest run into the HP stat to allow you to sponge hits from Lati@s.

Fifthly I'm going to suggest that you seriously consider adding a Keldeo check to your team as it seriously will manhandle your team with the right prediction. Hence, I suggest Latias > Kyurem-B This allows you to help sponge hits from rain team alleviating pressure from Rotom-W and also check Keldeo simultaneously.

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 203-239 (52.5 - 61.9%) --L guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Finally I'm going to suggest that you change Landorus-T from your current set to the bulky double dance set highlighted in Ojama's GGolbat RMT it allows Landorus to take hits from pokemon such as Terrakion enough to tank two choice banded stone edges. It also allows you to have a second win condition/wallbreaker for the team that could prove incredibly useful.

TLDR:

1. Crunch => Bullet Punch

1. 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spd => 248 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 116 Spd
  2. Stealth Rock => Rock Polish
  3. U-Turn => Swords Dance

1. 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef => 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
  2. Thunderpunch => Healing Wish
=>

=>

1. Expert Belt Set => Specially Defensive

Import
I hope that raters realize that I am trying to use underrated threats and not a "black and white team".
Changing both of my underrated threats for two truly overused pokemon doesn't go into the objective of my team.
Lucario:
Definitely not. Crunch is very important on Lucario.
Landorus: Ehh, I'm not a fan of copying sets from other RMTs unless necessary. (in this case not).
Jirachi: EV's shouldn't be changed as it doesn't really make sense. (It's a revenge killer!) ThunderPunch, though, will be changed.
Changes:
As I said, I do not want to change things unnecessarily.

Thanks, everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)