What happened when I try using my brain? Look inside to find out!

I wanted to make a team based around Gyarados because it owns.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Effort Values: 116 HP / 252 Attack / 140 Speed
Nature: Adamant [+Attack, -Special Attack]
1.) Dragon Dance
2.) Earthquake
3.) Ice Fang
4.) Waterfall

A standard Gyarados moveset. I might replace Ice Fang with Taunt....

Problems against: Electric, Rock

Dosaidon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hard Rock
Effort Values: 252 HP / 82 Attack / 176 Defense
Nature: Impish [+Defense, -Special Attack]
1.) Earthquake
2.) Snow Slide
3.) Stealth Rock
4.) Stone Edge

434 HP, 336 Attack and 375 Defense make it last quite a while, and deal out some alot of damage while it waits. It's also a good Stealth Rocker.

Problems against: Any Special Attackers, and Physical Water / Grass attacks.

Hapinasu @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Defense / 110 Special Attack
Nature: Bold [+Defense, -Attack]
1.) Calm Mind
2.) Ice Beam
3.) Softboiled
4.) Thunderbolt

688 HP allows for maximum Lefties recovery. 252 Defense is stable, and the remaining went into Sp Atk to go with the Calm Minding. It's a Special Wall (ESPECIALLY with Calm Mind), which takes care of the Special Attackers, and Softboiled + Calm Minded BoltBeam hits Water and Grass for Super Effective.

Problems with: Fighting

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Attack
Nature: Modest [+Special Attack, -Attack]
1.) Air Slash
2.) Scheme
3.) Thunder Wave
4.) Wish

372 Special Attack + Scheme + Wish + 60% Chance of flinch w/ Air Slash = Fighting is dead.

Problems against: Nothing? Wtf?

Jibacoil @ ?
Trait: Magnetic Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid [+Speed, -Attack]
1.) Electrolevitate
2.) Luster Cannon
3.) Thunder Wave
4.) Thunderbolt

I went Timid > Modest for some reason that I dunno of. Thunder Wave for general Speed support. Luster Cannon and Thunderbolt for STAB.

Problems with: Not really anything....

Donfan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Attack / 208 Defense
1.) Earthquake
2.) Rapid Spin
3.) Roar
4.) Thunder Fang / Rock Slide / Ice Pebble

Eh. I figured a (P)Hazer or Rapid Spinner would be useful for the last slot, so why not combine them both?

Well, that's what I got when I thought about a team. So, be honest, is my mind any good at this, or should I have a Brain transplant? lol.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only support Gyarados really needs is a spinner, and you've got it, lol.

Rest is a poor idea without Sleep Talk.

Luster Cannon is a poor move, unless this is for WiFi.

The team seems pretty solid, really.

OMFG I MADE A SOLID TEAM?!?!?! *Faint* *Wake Up* *Realize Comment* *Faint Again*

Wow, that's a rare event for me.

This is for WiFi. Of course it is. I have the patience to breed to perfection, and I want to show off my prized possessions! ^_^

Rest was just an option, I wasn't really sure what to use for that last slot.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Teams built around Gyarados will have very great success, I imagine, as everyone is doing such a horrible job of preparing for it.

All I can really tell you is to be very, very careful when attempting to set up. Lack of taunt opens a lot more move options and coverage ability to you, but it makes it that much harder to set up. Be certain to scout out what sort of status moves your opponent has first.

I'm not certain of how well rest on Rhyperior (Dosaidon) is going to work. It's a very stable pokemon, but with the game being so offensive...well, I wouldn't want to give anyone the set-up bait.

w/ only 233 spd that 60% flinch hax is kinda useless on Togakiss. Might do some good against TTar and Rhyperior. lol

I really wished Kiss learned Body Slam or Thunder. It's a solid poke though.

very great success
A HAIGHA-FIVE! :rolleyes:

Before I begin with my comments let me go on the record and say: brains are overrated!

Ok...now on to constructive criticisim.

I like standard aromatherapy/heal bell blissimon better than your calm mind version (though everyone including myself is sick to death of the thing) to support your tauntless g-dos.

Togekiss likes body slam and/or t-wave over baton pass/scheme. Paralysis sets up fun times with flinch-hax. Look at Misty's "stratigery" team. Gene Simmons (aka 'Kiss) likes pulse bomb as well. Double Team counter for wi-fi too.

I'd consider replacing rhyperior with swampert as your stealth-rocker. He also makes a decent landshark counter. Or at least don't use rest.

OK, so Dosaidon needs to get rid of rest. But with what?

Togekiss needs that moveset, basically. Jibacoil can use T-Wave, although depending on it to get flinchax going might be a bit of a problem.... I was considering replacing Metal Sould with Electrolevitate, thoughts?

I'd drop BP on Togekiss for another special attack. You don't really have a good recipient for Scheme as Jibacoil and Blissey are quite fragile and slow. However, if you could pull off an Electrolevitate on Magnezone after a Scheme pass you could cause some good damage to your opponent's team.

With the exception of Electivire, most of the Pokemon that would come in to hit Magnezone with a Fighting or Fire move will not like a Schemed Thunderbolt.

Ice Pebble on Donphan for some extra insurance against Garchomp and Salamence and for Reversal Lucario, should Gyarados fall.

Otherwise, this is a pretty solid team. Nice job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)