Project What's His Last? V2 [Week 7 Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extremespeed
- Bullet Punch

This team needs something that can deal with Bisharp without being food for Clefable, a big threat to the team since Heatran lacks both Flash Cannon and Taunt making CM+Twave sets a pain to handle, or Talonflame, something else Heatran is supposed to deal with but kinda can't. Lucario fits the bill relatively well without sacrificing any offensive momentum which can be used to let the opponent get SR up (something this team absolutely wants to avoid at all costs), benefits from Weavile's ability to Pursuit trap various Psychic types, and forms a decent Fighting-spam core with Medicham. The reason I didn't give it SD is because this team doesn't give Lucario enough support to reliably set up, and that it needs dual priorities for both Diancie and Talonflame (and it needs Iron Tail for Clefable as well as stuff like Sableye and Azumarill both of which can be a huge pain)

Last edited:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

The team is really really weak to bulky water types. I thought that Rotom-W would fit the bill, as long as forming a nice volt-turn core so that Mega Medicham can wreak havoc. Also a solid switch-in to Talonflame, which Heatran cannot really beat.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

With the given EVs and moveset, Scizor is able to check Clefable, Mega Altaria, Weavile and Bisharp while also being able to maintain momentum with U-turn, which is helpful when paired with Weavile and Tornadus-T who can wreck havoc on the opponent. Swords Dance allows Scizor to go for a late-game sweep while Roost allows it to heal up if needed. Set stolen from bludz .

Last edited:

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

The team is really weak to volt-switch spam with 2 electric weaknesses and no ground type, it is also really weak to Clefable in particular T-wave variants, and has 2 SR-weak mons with no hazard removal.

Excadrill fits perfectly - destroying electrics with earthquake and fairies with iron head, and has rapid spin to remove hazards for Weavile and Tornadus. Earthquake also gives you something else for Bisharp and iron head helps with Weavile both of which can be problems. Rock slide for Talonflame which can be another problem.

Choice scarf makes up for his mediocre speed, increases rapid spin reliability, and with mold breaker makes him a surprisingly reliable cleaner. Adamant nature still outspeeds Mega-Manectric and ensures the KO with earthquake even after intimidate.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry I'm late, Voting can now begin, here are your choices:

Swords Dance Lucario
Defensive Rotom-W
Swords Dance Scizor
Choice Scarf Excadrill

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot to post my nomination <.<

Anyway, I would assume a Ground type has to be the last member so...

Bendiving's Excadrill

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Week 6's winner goes to Bendiving's and Excadrill, welcome to the Hall of Fame!

This is the team for Week 7, credit goes to Zamrock for the team.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 124 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Excuse me if I mess this up Zamrock, but if I messed up on anything just PM me on the team building. Slowbro came aboard the the team helping Mega Scizor's weakness to Fire types such as Talonflame and Heatran; and also helping against Mega Lopunny. Garchomp being next added to use setup field hazards and being a secondary check for Talonflame, Heatran and Mega Lopunny. Thundurus joined the team to help against water types such as Azumarill and Manaphy which destroy the team so far. And lastly Tyranitar was added to help Pursuit trap Latios and Latias being major threats to the team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Helps break stall alongside CB Tyranitar, and checks Serperior, Mega Sableye, and Mega Venusaur, all 3 of which just beat this team otherwise.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Dragalge checks threatening Pokemon like Electric-types, Grass-types like MVenu, Clefable with Flamethrower. Doesn't exactly beat Serperior but can take a +2 DPulse if healthy, same for Manaphy and +3 Ice Beam. TSpikes support helps this team by crppling stuff like Hippowdon for Thundurus and TTar and Keldeo for Scizor, and Dragalge can also absorb opposing TSpikes which are very annoying for half the team.

Last edited:
Hello.

It looks like quite the solid team at first glance, however there are a bunch of Pokemon very tough to either kill or switch into. Grass Pokemon with fire coverage such as Venusaur-Mega and Serperior turn out to be the biggest threats here.
Rotom-Wash also seems to be tremendously hard to play around for the team, and can beat fairly easily Scizor-Mega.

It is going to be a complicated equation to solve, but here is what I propose:

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Solar Beam

With this set, Heatran should be able to lure Rotom-Wash sucessfully. On top of that, due to Heatran's fantastic typing, Venusaur-M and Serperior won't be able to grab kills left and right anymore. I went with Hidden Power Ice to deal with Garchomp and Landorus-T, which should make Scizor-Mega's life even easier.

Good luck to everybody!

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

This may look like a weird nom on an offensive team like this but bear with me here.

First of all, Tentacruel brings reliable hazard removal to the table, which is useful to the rest of the team in particular Thundurus. With acid spray, Tenta actually beats M-Sableye, forcing him out in order to spin freely. Acid spray can force plenty of other switches too, grabbing momentum and giving set-up opportunities to Scizor and Thundy.

Toxic spikes helps this team immensely, helping to wear down threatening mons who typically lack recovery such as M-Mane, Raikou and Serperior.

Scald is scald, making physical attackers reluctant to switch in. Burn on Rotom-W is always nice too.

Liquid ooze is also a great attribute to this team, punishing giga drains and leech seeds from otherwise-threatening grass types such as M-Venu (which he also walls).

Defensively, he brings valuable ice and fairy resists should Slowbro or Scizor get overloaded, without stacking weaknesses.

Last edited:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
Alakazam gives this team a way to break mega venu which 1v1's every other mon, a gengar and serperior check.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry I'm a little late, got busy with school :X Voting starts now! (Since I started late, I'll end Voting/Start Week 8 Sunday night)

Stallbreaker Togekiss
T-Spikes Dragalge
Solar Beam Heatran
Tentacruel
LO Alakazam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)