NOC Why Is There A Gun In My Popcorn? 2: Old Country Boogaloo [GAME OVER Town Wins]

I find it peculiar how Samoy can't recognise me as town, he was spot on last game and was my armour. Now he's suspicious yet I'm still the same. I hope there's more to this and he tries to do something surprising

How does Samoy act when evil? I can't tell if he's a cunning scum or town having his senses dulled after last game's outcome.
He disappears

I really don't like that fenrir post im ngl. the post afterwards acknowledging that he just posted a wallpost in rvs doesn't make it better.
I like Fenrir though.
reads > math
Mewtwo feels like worried that we will do the rand thing that gives town more chance
WaterLily pushing a meme reference and sticking to his guns after being exposed smells fishy to me.
To be honest, my first vote wasn't really serious but the fact that how he explained his meme after getting 2 votes felt scummy.
Id quit if my first experience was MS also
Do you play also in MS?

Reading the interaction between Samoyed and Clarinet, it feels like Samoyed is good (even though they called me retard) and Clarinet may be evil.

I want to decipher Mew, it's my right as a player to want to get to know him
really hate to say it, but I can't keep my mouth shut, what in the world is happening with Mew?

A new tactic or what? He's so reserved this time.
just stay out of it, I wanna interact with him!
thanks for the love i guess. gotta make that money somehow unless my professional mafia gig starts paying the bills.

can we not call people retards? the game has just started no one has done anything remotely near "retarded"

Hi everyone, I'm here. Does anyone remember how the last popcorn had good odds with pure randing?

I wrote up a couple programs to check if that's still the case.

[code stuff deleted]
Weren't you mafia in the last popcorn?

I'm a fraud and terrible and am only playing out of obligation to Popcorn as the first popcorn game here was one of my better performances.
AND i haven't played a legit NOC in years, so add a healthy dose of rust to that too
ur too hard on yourself dude. youre fine

even with "rust" i think you'd be surprised how much experience (and i'm talking about the life kind here) helps you play these games. at the very least they keep you more grounded i think. even compared to two years ago i feel much wiser (yes as whack as it sounds) about stuff in general and i think that helps me in how i approach games. i know for me, i have the freedom to do what i want in games and not really worry about the outcome. obviously that can backfire but i'm (mostly) ok with that.

i think maybe what i'm saying here is that even without playing mafia, you're still going to be a better mafia player than before just because you've had the time to grow. i don't want to say you "got smarter" but i think that's also an important (and true) aspect to consider. don't worry about what everyone else is doing, play your own game to the best of your ability and recognize that that is all you can control. i think this fact (at least i think it's a fact) is probably more palatable now than maybe it would be back then!

re: randing: even if somebody is clueless, sheeping a town read who has good reads would be preferable to randing, in all honesty.

I don't think DS saying "give me the gun" means anything, it seems like an egotistical joke that would be made regardless of alignment.
I think AG proposing the randing plan is a town lean if anything it seems like how somebody would try to solve the game for town if they were a huge nerd
Samoyed is a cute town dog

People who seem like good shot targets so far:
- I don't like Clarinet's reactions to Samoyed. He looks nervous to me, like scum who doesn't know how to handle incoming pressure but is trying to play it cool to the guy pressuring him. I still can't actually tell what his read on Samoyed is or what he's been trying to get out of the back-and-forth, so it doesn't read natural. I also think that since his initial post (#144) his approach to this game has been to ask everybody else the big questions without doing any real pushes himself, which is a bad look right now and absolutely scummy if continues out of earlygame - you can see it again in his approach on his Samoyed read here. Constrast it with how direct other spammy players like Samoyed are being in their questioning of people.
- I don't like that both of JALMONT's thread appearances don't add to the game itself and that #75 features him excusing himself from commenting on anything. That he still has nothing to say about what's going on in the game when he returns is pretty poor since people already have reads on each other now. wyd dude? last I recall in your SF games you were abrasive and engaged in discussion off the bat and a quick skim of your post history there confirms this. I've never seen somebody change their opinions on mafia theory to "hmmm, this whole time being pro-active earlygame was actually bad" after playing for 5 years so this is pretty weird.

I'm not fond of the amount of Low Activity to Content Ratio Guys (people who've checked in to make a few posts that don't really add to the game even when there's talking going on). Jalmont is the worst of them so far.

I've pretty much filtered out DS.' posts until he has a gun in his hand, whether that remains detrimental or not is yet to be determined. This game seemed like it was gonna have a hot start but I also agree the low content feels like scum is just waiting for something to do and town not really have a determined presence. I think Clarinet is awkward but he insinuates in such a way I just feel like maybe he wants to be a good townie. Can see why you scumread him traplord but I'm not ready to make that judgment (hmu though Clarinet about what I said wrt xAndrojx maybe.)

I'm more focused on WaterLily3 who feels like hes trying to sell content that isn't even there, like he got somehow baited into a jokepost and agreed Clarinet was scummy but then Sam was like 'yea i was joking' and he just unvotes like lol

What did he even agree about in the first place? Just one post? Really makes the mind wander...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)