EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 4 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Dondozo can utilize its strong natural bulk and typing to function as a supportive wall with Yawn.

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably slow down foes and Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin helps with Dondozo's frailer Special Defense.

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash, and it is harder to make damage over time stick with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff respectively. Additionally, the former threatens super effective damage on Dondozo and the latter threatens Spore.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower-paced battles compared to recovery Berries.

* Oblivious prevents Dondozo from being shut down with Taunt from Pokémon such as Tornadus or affected by Intimidate from foes like Incineroar.

* The invested bulk allows Dondozo to survive Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt, as well as surviving two Earth Powers from Landorus and OHKOing in return with Wave Crash. Heavy Slam is used to OHKO Flutter Mane.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jesuuuus.627748/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/choruto.646006/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/soulboyvgc.558405/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/autumn.384270/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/

Last edited:

Choruto

Sylveon <3
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Will be doing another re-check probs, I assume you know the colours.
[SET]
Supportive Yawn Attacker (Dondozo) @ Leftovers
Level: 50
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* When not utilising Commander boosts, Dondozo can utilise it's great natural bulk, solid defensive typing and Yawn to slow down the pace of the battle and inhibit the opponents ability to position Dondozo can also utilize its strong natural bulk and typing to function as a supportive wall with Yawn. Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower paced battles. Dondozo's below average Attack stat means it often does not offer much offensive pressure. Trimming for the first part, and moved lefties down to a below section. Not sure really what you mean by low attack stat, 100 base attack esp with 120 bp stabs is nothing to scoff at, at least for a support.

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with is used alongside Ting-Lu Your not really using it without Ting, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably chip down foes, along with Dondozo's Yawn and Ting-Lu's Sand Tomb can reliably send Pokemon to sleep, allowing it to match up well into bulky offense teams. Additionally, Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin can diminish the drawback of increasing Dondozo's frailer Special Defence Trimming. Ting-Lu and Dondozo match up well into set-up Pokemon, such as Calm Mind Raging Bolt, as well as against Trick Room teams due to their ability to force switches. Do we really need this, we dont go much into specific good match ups, if you want you can say in the above sentence its good into bulky comps but even then im not so sure about that, bulky comps generally have more survivability and can heal up dozo ting's damage as well as cycle intim and tank their attacks. For these reasons, Dondozo often pairs with the Hyper Offense Cores of Chien-Pao, Dragonite and Gouging Fire, as it covers the core's poorer matchups. Not so sure about this, my probs is that are these picks made with dozo in mind, or is dozo more of a thing with ting lu and these cores are fine together, like ur never really having both on the field at the same time. If you want, can you reword this to offensive cores being good at making up their damage Ig?

* Yawn Dondozo struggles to beat Rillaboom, as it can threaten to OHKO with Wood Hammer and pivot out easily with U-turn. Additionally, it matches up poorly into Amoonguss as neither Ting-Lu or Dondozo can threaten it. This is just dex info. Can you maybe mention Amoon Rilla and Incin as mons that can either tank/recover their chip with grassy and pollen, or debuff boths damage. Dondozo's biggest weakness is that it does not have a good enough Attack stat to consistently take KOs, meaning it can often fail to relieve offensive pressure on it's teammates. I really dissagre with this, 1. Its damage output isen't even that bad, it gets 2hko's or ohkoes on most of the mons it needs to (ex. Flutter OHKO with heavy, OHKO on Lando with wave crash, etc) and 2. The entire analyses is saying that its a support yawn mon that aims to chip down opps combined with ting, yeah ofc its damage output isen't gonna be outstanding but that isen't the point. Maybe you can mention that it struggles to break through certain pokemon that can outbulk or outheal it, but thats just the above point. Offensively it can often get walled as Heavy Slam's is inconsistent due to its poor offensive typing and variable damage output means it can be overly reliant on Wave Crash to deal damage. Walled by what? Slam is pretty much only used to cover for Flutter and maybe grass/pao I'll give you that one ig but crash is by no means a bad move, it allows dozo to get the ohkoes it needs.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower paced battles.

* Dondozo will almost always OHKO Flutter Mane with Heavy Slam.

* Dondozo will survive a Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt.

* Dondozo will survive a Shadow Ball from Gholdengo at +3 Special Attack.

* Dondozo will almost survive a Horn Leech from Ogerpon-Hearthflame in Grassy Terrain, and almost always survive a Horn Leech from Ogerpon-Hearthflame at +1 Attack without Grassy Terrain.

* With Vessel of Ruin, Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast will 3HKO Dondozo.

* With Vessel of Ruin, Landorus' Earth Power will 3HKO Dondozo. Dondozo will almost always OHKO Landorus with Wave Crash.

Way too many, pick 2-3 max defensive calcs from here, and maybe add flutter and lando ohkoes with slam and crash. Also, can you explain tera type choice?

Will be doing another re-check probs, I assume you know the colours.
have made suggested changes, feels a little light now tho thats probably just me wanting to write alot for analysises.
Didn't include parts suggesting incin has a good mu into it as I'm not sure it does (wave crash KOs and oblivious immune to intim). Also not entirely sure what you meant in the part about dozo ting + gouging cores?

Choruto

Sylveon <3
have made suggested changes, feels a little light now tho thats probably just me wanting to write alot for analysises.
Didn't include parts suggesting incin has a good mu into it as I'm not sure it does (wave crash KOs and oblivious immune to intim). Also not entirely sure what you meant in the part about dozo ting + gouging cores?
I wasen't rly sure if Dozo runs Unaware or Oblivious, if its mostly Oblivious then yeah dont mention Incin ig. With Dozo Ting, I meant like, how relevant is Gouging/Pao/Chien to Dozo specifically? Do they help Dozo out specifically and are used for that, or is it just coincidence that they are there. I'll give it a look over in a bit, I can add back some stuff if you want.

I wasen't rly sure if Dozo runs Unaware or Oblivious, if its mostly Oblivious then yeah dont mention Incin ig. With Dozo Ting, I meant like, how relevant is Gouging/Pao/Chien to Dozo specifically? Do they help Dozo out specifically and are used for that, or is it just coincidence that they are there. I'll give it a look over in a bit, I can add back some stuff if you want.
every yawn dozo team i have seen has been on a gouging comp, I dont think they help dozo specifically tho so perhpas not right to write about them in this analysis

Choruto

Sylveon <3
Can mark as QC 1/2, approved.
[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Dondozo can also utilize its strong natural bulk and typing to function as a supportive wall with Yawn.

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably chip down foes, along with Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin can increase Dondozo's frailer Special Defence Defense. Thought about it a bit more, you can mention Gouging if you think its worth a mention. The other QCer can remove it if they see it not worth.

* Yawn Dondozo has a bad matchup into struggles against Amoonguss and Rillaboom, as both resist Wave Crash and can heal back Sand Tombs chip damage thanks to Pollen Puff and Grassy Terrain respectively, it threatens with the former threatening Spore and the latter threatening super effective damage. can heal allies with pollen puff. Rillaboom also has a good matchup, as it gives it's allies recovery with Grassy Terrain, as well as threatening big damage onto both Dondozo and Ting-Lu. Shortening mostly, im not so sure on Yawn Dozo but maybe add a section on big offensive threats like Urshifu or Flutter being able to burn through them before Dozo Ting can chip down.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower paced battles compared to recovery berries. Thought I would clarify, was kinda vauge at least for me why you ran lefties in general, like yeah it gives it more staying power but woulden't sitrus be better then.

* With Vessel of Ruin, Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast will 3HKO Dondozo. Dondozo will almost always OHKO Flutter Mane with Heavy Slam.

* Dondozo will survive a Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt.

* With Vessel of Ruin, Landorus' Earth Power will 3HKO Dondozo. Dondozo will almost always OHKO Landorus with Wave Crash.

Shortening this into one line, it reads awkwardly as three separate ones.

* The invested bulk allows Dondozo to survive Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt, as well as surviving two Earth Powers from Landorus, OHKOing in return with Wave Crash. Heavy Slam is used to OHKO Flutter Mane

Make sure to add credits!
[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Choruto (1).gif

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Dondozo can also utilize its strong natural bulk and typing to function as a supportive wall with Yawn.

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a the combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably chip slow (feels more appropriate) down foes, along with Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin can increaseing Dondozo's frailer Special Defence.

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash and can heal back Sand Tomb's chip with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff respectively (this point is relevant for ting lu and a bit of a minor detail even for that mon, the bigger problem is wood hammer and spore). Additionally, the former threatens super effective damage and the latter threatens Spore. (ofc you need to reword this now since I removed half the sentence before it)

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower paced battles compared to recovery berries (you can keep this if you want, I don't think it's necessary. You could also mention "in combination with protect" or something of that sort).

* The invested bulk allows Dondozo to survive Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt, as well as surviving two Earth Powers from Landorus, OHKOing in return with Wave Crash. Heavy Slam is used to OHKO Flutter Mane.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Remove
Add
Highlight
Comment

I'm Insertable194 on discord, feel free to dm me about things since this is my first official QC! I'll be doing a recheck.

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably slow down foes, along with Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin increasing Dondozo's frailer Special Defence.

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash and it is harder to make damage over time stick with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff respectively. Additionally, the former threatens super effective massive damage with Wood Hammer and the latter threatens Spore.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower paced battles compared to recovery berries.

* Oblivious prevents Dondozo from being taunted or intimidated affected by Taunt or Intimidate.

* The invested bulk allows Dondozo to survive Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt, as well as surviving two Earth Powers from Landorus, OHKOing in return with Wave Crash. Heavy Slam is used to OHKO Flutter Mane.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
You should be able to mark this as QC 2/2 now.

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
AMcheck!!

add
remove
comment

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably slow down foes, along with Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin increasing helping with Dondozo's frailer Special Defence Defense.

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash, (ac) and it is harder to make damage over time stick with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff respectively. Additionally, the former threatens super effective damage and the latter threatens Spore.
does Amoonguss not run grass STAB in vgc? If it does, I would recommend ending the above paragraph with “… threatens spore as well.” as the way it’s currently worded suggests Rillaboom threatens SE damage, while Amoonguss only threatens spore.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower-(ah)paced battles compared to recovery berries Berries.

* Oblivious prevents Dondozo from being taunted or intimidated.
what are some relevant taunters/intimidators that this can help with? I think it would be worth giving a couple example of meta relevant threats that using Oblivious can help with, otherwise this bullet is basically just the description of what Oblivious does.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

AMcheck!!

add
remove
comment

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably slow down foes, along with Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin increasing helping with Dondozo's frailer Special Defence Defense.

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash, (ac) and it is harder to make damage over time stick with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff respectively. Additionally, the former threatens super effective damage and the latter threatens Spore.
does Amoonguss not run grass STAB in vgc? If it does, I would recommend ending the above paragraph with “… threatens spore as well.” as the way it’s currently worded suggests Rillaboom threatens SE damage, while Amoonguss only threatens spore.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower-(ah)paced battles compared to recovery berries Berries.

* Oblivious prevents Dondozo from being taunted or intimidated.
what are some relevant taunters/intimidators that this can help with? I think it would be worth giving a couple example of meta relevant threats that using Oblivious can help with, otherwise this bullet is basically just the description of what Oblivious does.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Ok have made corrections, its true amoonguss does not run grass stab in vgc! Normally sets are spore, rage powder, pollen puff and sludge bomb or protect.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done credit me and depry for gp
[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Yawn
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* Dondozo can also utilize its strong natural bulk and typing to function as a supportive wall with Yawn. (sets should be able to be read separately from the rest of the analysis, so using phrases like also connects it back to other sets)

* Yawn Dondozo pairs best with Ting-Lu, as a combination of Sand Tomb and Yawn can reliably slow down incapacitate foes (talked with qc), along with and Ting-Lu's Vessel of Ruin helping helps with Dondozo's frailer Special Defense. (along with clause doesn't really wrk here because the vessel of ruin spdef thing has nothing to do with the sand tomb + yawn combination)

* Dondozo struggles against Rillaboom and Amoonguss, as both resist Wave Crash, and it is harder to make damage over time stick with Grassy Terrain and Pollen Puff, (AC) respectively. Additionally, the former threatens super effective damage on Dondozo and the latter threatens Spore.

* Leftovers recovery gives Dondozo additional staying power in slower-paced battles compared to recovery Berries.

* Oblivious prevents Dondozo from being taunted by Pokémon shut down with Taunt from Pokemon such as Tornadus or intimidated by Pokémon such as Incineroar affected by Intimidate from foes like Incineroar.

* The invested bulk allows Dondozo to survive Thunderbolt from Raging Bolt, as well as surviving two Earth Powers from Landorus (RC) and OHKOing it in return with Wave Crash. Heavy Slam is used to OHKO Flutter Mane.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)