move 4: Pain Split
item: Electrium Z
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 108 HP / 184 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest Electric-type STAB attack and when paired with Electrium Z can heavily damage unsuspecting targets, including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokemon such as Chansey and overall not be as easy to wear down.

Set Details
========
216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran.
184 Special Attack EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option over Electrium Z for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal, Thunder is not as reliable.

Usage Tips
========
It is important to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Move. You should be patient with using the Z-Move by making sure your opponent won't anticipate and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna and surprise it with its Z-Move. Lots of balance and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokemon such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-type like Tangrowth to check Rotom-W, so focus on removing it by bringing in a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers with the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong wallbreakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados. Be careful with hard switching it in often, as Rotom-W is frail and prone to being worn down, especially when Stealth Rock is up.

Team Options
========
Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent VoltTurn core alongside it. Scizor draws in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W can take advantage of. Additional Fire- and Flying-type checks are crucial alongside this set, as Rotom-W is not a reliable switch-in to the likes of Heatran, Hawlucha, and Tornadus-T. Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable and Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as it can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to set up and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock, which helps Rotom-W even more by getting more chip damage on switch-ins alongside Volt Switch. Rotom-W appreciates entry hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners, as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sayuze, 386581]]
- Quality checked by: [[DKM, 402001], [Jordy, 395754], [curiosity, 443485]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [, ]]

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Keep in mind that Offensive Rotom-W will have trouble checking its usual checks such as Gyarados or Mega Pinsir as easily as the defensive sets can. Be careful on hard switching it into not as passive Pokémon.

This is a Usage Tip, not a Set Detail.

Mention that Clefable can also set up Rocks to aid in the hazard effort.

For the last bullet on team options, what do these mons do for Rotom?

I’m not sure if it is worth mentioning, but should Defog be put somewhere?

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
Keep in mind that Offensive Rotom-W will have trouble checking its usual checks such as Gyarados or Mega Pinsir as easily as the defensive sets can. Be careful on hard switching it into not as passive Pokémon.

This is a Usage Tip, not a Set Detail.

Mention that Clefable can also set up Rocks to aid in the hazard effort.

For the last bullet on team options, what do these mons do for Rotom?

I’m not sure if it is worth mentioning, but should Defog be put somewhere?
- moved to usage tips > set detail

- added rocks on cm clef being able to help rotom

- i already said that spikes help rotom so that it can chip switch ins better

- i dont think defog should be run on offensive rotom as there are always better alternatives in my opinion (should be either electrium z with thunder/painsplit or waterium z with wisp/painsplit , but i can include it if other ppl vouch for so

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
About point 3, I mean other things they do for Rotom (like provides good Speed and can lure Ferro with HP Fire in Gren’s case, or providing a Steel-type that can manage things Rotom can’t, like Dragon-types bar Kyurem-Black).

Fair on Defog; I’d just thought I’d bring it up now so it wouldn’t be later.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
evs: 84 HP / 208 SpA / 216 Spe
We havent discussed this in detail, but I believe this should be max SpAtk (with the rest still in hp). "ensuring the 2HKO on most Specially Defensive Heatran" doesnt seem specific enough imo.

Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's most powerful STAB Water-type attack, letting it dent Pokémon such as Heatran, Landorus-Therian, and Garchomp.
I'd add Gliscor.

208 Special Attack EVs ensure the 2HKO on most Specially Defensive Heatran.
Dont forget to change this.

The rest of the remaining EVs are dumped into HP, as they are not needed in Special Attack or Speed to achieve anything significant and Rotom-W appreciates the extra bulk.
This is mostly fluff and can be removed.

Waterium Z is also a viable option to be used over Electrium Z, for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, Tapu Koko or Mega Charizard-X
I'm not sure zard x is the best example here. Spdef tran or mega tar might be better.

It is important to put yourself in a position such that you are taking the most value from Z-Thunder. Do so by not immediately going for the Z-Move, but instead weakening your opponents via Hydro Pump, Volt Switch, and Pain Split as they may try to scout your Z-Move.
This isn't necessarily always true, there will be situations where going for the Z immediately is optimal. Try to reword this to say that the Z shouldnt be thrown out carelessly, not that it should always be saved until a later turn.

Keep in mind that Offensive Rotom-W will have trouble checking its usual checks such as Gyarados or Mega Pinsir as easily as the defensive sets can
Remove Pinsir. Add Heatran and Torn.

Be careful on hard switching it into not as passive Pokémon.
Add "especially when stealth rock is up". This set is more prone to hazards than lefties or a pinch berry.

Team Options
========
I believe you should make a point mentioning an additional fire resist to deal with Heatran, a flying resist to deal with Torn etc. while explaining that offensive Rotom-W isn't a reliable check to either of these.
Make it the second point.

Let me know when this has been implemented so I can double check before giving 1/3.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
We havent discussed this in detail, but I believe this should be max SpAtk (with the rest still in hp). "ensuring the 2HKO on most Specially Defensive Heatran" doesnt seem specific enough imo.

I'd add Gliscor.

Dont forget to change this.

This is mostly fluff and can be removed.

I'm not sure zard x is the best example here. Spdef tran or mega tar might be better.

This isn't necessarily always true, there will be situations where going for the Z immediately is optimal. Try to reword this to say that the Z shouldnt be thrown out carelessly, not that it should always be saved until a later turn.

Remove Pinsir. Add Heatran and Torn.

Add "especially when stealth rock is up". This set is more prone to hazards than lefties or a pinch berry.

I believe you should make a point mentioning an additional fire resist to deal with Heatran, a flying resist to deal with Torn etc. while explaining that offensive Rotom-W isn't a reliable check to either of these.
Make it the second point.

Let me know when this has been implemented so I can double check before giving 1/3.
DKM alright, went thru your edits and implemented them. lmk if i missed on one of your points

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
evs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Alright we agreed on a new spread.
108 HP / 184 SpA / 216 Spe
The SpAtk allows you to OHKO Weavile with the Z, 2HKO offensive Garchomp with Hydro after rocks, and OHKO Celesteela and Toxapex with the Z after rocks.

Maximum Special Attack investment ensures the best damage output on targets like Heatran and Toxapex.
Dont forget to edit this.

Additional Fire- and Flying-type resists are crucial alongside this set as non-defensive variants of Rotom-W are not reliable checks to the likes of Heatran and Tornadus.
Make this the 2nd point, before CM Sweepers.

QC 1/3 :blobthumbsup:

I don't think it makes sense to write "Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's most powerful STAB Water-type attack" when it's its only Water STAB (unless you want to count HP Water lol, so technically it isn't a lie).

Besides, isn't it just a fluff, according to that not-so-new policy? It's rather obvious that Hydro Pump hits mons which are weak to water. (I'd say the same about Volt Switch or even Pain Split, but not so sure about that)

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
Alright we agreed on a new spread.
108 HP / 184 SpA / 216 Spe
The SpAtk allows you to OHKO Weavile with the Z, 2HKO offensive Garchomp with Hydro after rocks, and OHKO Celesteela and Toxapex with the Z after rocks.

Dont forget to edit this.

Make this the 2nd point, before CM Sweepers.

QC 1/3 :blobthumbsup:
implemented ready for 2nd QC check

I don't think it makes sense to write "Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's most powerful STAB Water-type attack" when it's its only Water STAB (unless you want to count HP Water lol, so technically it isn't a lie).

Besides, isn't it just a fluff, according to that not-so-new policy? It's rather obvious that Hydro Pump hits mons which are weak to water. (I'd say the same about Volt Switch or even Pain Split, but not so sure about that)
Hydro seems like the strongest stab counting hp water so i dont see the problem there. also i wouldnt say any this is fluff imo, otherwise you would run like thunderbolt > volt switch and i think its important to explain why volt switch is important. same w painsplit, def not fluff imo

comments in purple things to remove in red
[SET]
name: Offensive Z Move
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Thunder

"Offensive Z-Move" makes it sound like a defensive set using a Z-Move also exists, which isn't really the case, so just calling the set Offensive is enough.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's most powerful STAB Water-type attack, letting it dent Pokémon such as Heatran, Landorus-Therian, Gliscor, and Garchomp. Explaining Hydro Pump is rather redundant and we try to avoid that because redundancy falls under fluff.
  • Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switch-ins. For what it's worth, I believe that it's fine to keep this because people might question why you're running Thunder and Volt Switch otherwise. You should give some examples of Pokemon that will often try to switch into Rotom-W.
  • Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest STAB Electric-type attack and when paired with Electrium Z, it can heavily damage unexpecting targets including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna.
  • Pain Split is a utility move, helping Rotom-W last longer while forcing recovery or switch-outs against opposing Pokémon. Because of the way this is phrased, it's not very clear what you mean by "forcing recovery or switch-outs against opposing Pokemon". Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokémon such as Chansey, and overall not being as easy to wear out.
Set Details
========
  • 216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran, as well as usually being faster than Pokémon such as Gliscor, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu, allowing it to keep maximum pressure up with Volt Switch and Pain Split. We don't really cater for analysis spreads, so it's better to just leave it at outspeeding Gyarados and Heatran. This thread explains why.
  • 184 Special Attack investment ensures an OHKO on Weavile with Z-Thunder, 2HKO Offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO Celesteela and Toxapex with Z-Thunder after Stealth Rock.
  • Waterium Z is also a viable option to be used over Electrium Z, for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, Specially Defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-o-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal Thunder is not as needed.
Usage Tips
========
  • It is important not to carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Thunder. Do so by making sure your opponent won't anticipate the Z-Move and scout for it. You should directly say that you should be patient with using Gigavolt Havoc, right now what you're trying to say isn't very apparent for readers.
  • Try to bring Rotom-W in on Pokémon forced by a switch-in such as Toxapex or Magearna and surprise it with the Z-Move. This is a really awkward way of saying that you should aggressively switch Rotom-W in on predicted switches into Pokemon like Toxapex or Magearna, so the point you're trying to convey doesn't come across that well.
  • Lots of balance or stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokémon to check Rotom-W such as Mega Latias or defensive Grass-types like Tangrowth. Focus on removing those so that Rotom-W can dent bigger holes in teams. You could mention how using Volt Switch helps a lot in attaining this.
  • The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers by the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up Hazards and pivoting to strong breakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams.
  • Keep in mind that Offensive Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokemon that it's supposed to check its usual checks such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados as easily as the defensive sets can. Because of the way you phrased this sentence, you made it sound like Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados are checks to Rotom-W, which obviously isn't right. Be careful on hard switching it into not as passive Pokémon What is as referring to? , especially when Stealth Rock is up as this set is more prone to hazards being worn down than defensive sets.
Team Options
========
  • Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent Volt-Turn core alongside Rotom-W. Scizor lures in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W appreciates.
  • Additional Fire- and Flying-type resists are crucial alongside this set as non-defensive variants of Rotom-W are not reliable checks to the likes of Heatran and Tornadus. One or two examples of Fire- and Flying-type resistant Pokemon would be nice to give the readers a better idea.
  • Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable or Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as Rotom-W can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to setup and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock which helps Rotom-W even more by chipping switch-ins with Volt Switch better.
  • Offensive Rotom-W appreciates hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.
[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[DKM, 402001], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
I was mostly nitpicking, 2/3.

184 Special Attack investment ensures an OHKO on Weavile with Z-Thunder, 2HKO on Offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Z-Thunder after Stealth Rock.
It's probably worth rearranging the mentions to pex + steela > chomp > weavile in order of relevance + it emphasises the fact that it's a decent corebreaker.

Other than that everything looks good.

QC 3/3

curiosity, 443485

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Amcheck, feel free to implement what you want. One thing to note is that Pokemon is spelled without the accent in analyses. Also, your thread says "GC 0/2" instead of "GP 0/2" though that's not a huge deal, just thought I'd let you know. :P Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
[SET]
name: Offensive

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switch-ins switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, (AC) and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest STAB Electric-type attack and when paired with Electrium Z can heavily damage unexpecting unsuspecting targets, (AC) including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split is a utility move, helping helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokémon Pokemon such as Chansey, (RC) and overall not being as easy to wear out.

Set Details
========
216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran. 184 Special Attack investment ensures EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option to be used over Electrium Z, (RC) for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal Thunder is not as needed.

Usage Tips
========
It is important not to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. You should be patient with using the Z-Move, (RC) by making sure your opponent won't anticipate the Z-Move and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch-ins switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna, (AC) and surprise it with the Z-Move. Lots of balance or and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokémon Pokemon to check Rotom-W such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-types like Tangrowth. Focus on removing those it by bringing in counters to those Pokémon a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers by the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong breakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that offensive Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokémon that it's supposed to check Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados as easily as the defensive sets can. Be careful on with hard switching it in often, (AC) as this set is frail and more prone to being worn down than defensive sets, especially when Stealth Rock is up as this set is more prone to being worn down than defensive sets.

Team Options
========
Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent VoltTurn core alongside Rotom-W. Scizor lures draws in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W appreciates. Additional Fire- and Flying-type resists resistant Pokemon are crucial alongside this set, (AC) as non-defensive variants of Rotom-W are not reliable checks to the likes of Heatran, Hawlucha, or Tornadus. Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable or Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as Rotom-W can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to setup set up and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock, (AC) which helps Rotom-W even more by chipping switch-ins with Volt Switch better. Rotom-W appreciates entry hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners, (AC) as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
deetah stuff: Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
me: add remove comments
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switch-ins switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, (AC) and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest STAB Electric-type STAB attack and when paired with Electrium Z can heavily damage unexpecting unsuspecting targets, (AC) including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split is a utility move, helping helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokémon Pokemon such as Chansey, (RC) and overall not being as easy to wear out down (eh, wear out feels too human to me. your call here).

Set Details
========

216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran. 184 Special Attack investment ensures EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option to be used over Electrium Z, (RC) for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal,(AC) Thunder is not as needed (is it a matter of necessity though? or is it more a matter of Thunder just not being a reliable move without the Z-Crystal?).

Usage Tips
========

It is important not to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. You should be patient with using the Z-Move, (RC) by making sure your opponent won't anticipate the Z-Move and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch-ins switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna, (AC) and surprise it with the Z-Move. Lots of balance or and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokémon Pokemon such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-type like Tangrowth to check Rotom-W such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-types like Tangrowth. Focus on removing those it by bringing in counters to those Pokémon a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers by with the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong breakers wallbreakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that offensive Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokémon that it's supposed to check Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados as easily as the defensive sets can (to put this into perspective, cross-referencing sets is a no-no in analyses). Be careful on with hard switching it in often, (AC) as this set Rotom-W is frail and prone to being worn down, especially when Stealth Rock is up as this set is more prone to being worn down than defensive sets.

Team Options
========

Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent VoltTurn core alongside Rotom-W it. Scizor lures draws in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W appreciates can take advantage of. Additional Fire- and Flying-type resists checks are crucial alongside this set, (AC) as non-defensive variants of Rotom-W are is not a reliable checks switch-in (again, avoid cross-referencing sets) to the likes of Heatran, Hawlucha, or Tornadus and Tornadus-T (I can only imagine regular Tornadus has not had some surge in viability as of late). Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable or and Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as Rotom-W it can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to setup set up and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock, (AC) which helps Rotom-W even more by chipping switch-ins with Volt Switch better getting more chip damage on switch-ins alongside Volt Switch. Rotom-W appreciates entry hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners, (AC) as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.

[CREDITS]
gp 1/2 once done

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
deetah stuff: Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
me: add remove comments
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switch-ins switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, (AC) and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest STAB Electric-type STAB attack and when paired with Electrium Z can heavily damage unexpecting unsuspecting targets, (AC) including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split is a utility move, helping helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokémon Pokemon such as Chansey, (RC) and overall not being as easy to wear out down (eh, wear out feels too human to me. your call here).

Set Details
========

216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran. 184 Special Attack investment ensures EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option to be used over Electrium Z, (RC) for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal,(AC) Thunder is not as needed (is it a matter of necessity though? or is it more a matter of Thunder just not being a reliable move without the Z-Crystal?).

Usage Tips
========

It is important not to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Thunder Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. You should be patient with using the Z-Move, (RC) by making sure your opponent won't anticipate the Z-Move and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch-ins switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna, (AC) and surprise it with the Z-Move. Lots of balance or and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokémon Pokemon such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-type like Tangrowth to check Rotom-W such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-types like Tangrowth. Focus on removing those it by bringing in counters to those Pokémon a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers by with the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong breakers wallbreakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that offensive Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokémon that it's supposed to check Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados as easily as the defensive sets can (to put this into perspective, cross-referencing sets is a no-no in analyses). Be careful on with hard switching it in often, (AC) as this set Rotom-W is frail and prone to being worn down, especially when Stealth Rock is up as this set is more prone to being worn down than defensive sets.

Team Options
========

Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent VoltTurn core alongside Rotom-W it. Scizor lures draws in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W appreciates can take advantage of. Additional Fire- and Flying-type resists checks are crucial alongside this set, (AC) as non-defensive variants of Rotom-W are is not a reliable checks switch-in (again, avoid cross-referencing sets) to the likes of Heatran, Hawlucha, or Tornadus and Tornadus-T (I can only imagine regular Tornadus has not had some surge in viability as of late). Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable or and Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as Rotom-W it can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to setup set up and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock, (AC) which helps Rotom-W even more by chipping switch-ins with Volt Switch better getting more chip damage on switch-ins alongside Volt Switch. Rotom-W appreciates entry hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners, (AC) as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.

[CREDITS]
gp 1/2 once done
done, ready for 2nd gp check, if i missed anything let me know

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
rabia exchanged very mean words to me as a taunt on discord when he realized that he sniped him before i could do the 1/2 first, however it turned into a conversation about glasses so i guess i forgive him

placeholder btw lol

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
just kidding i fully forgive rabia he's forever in my debt
don't have much tho
add remove (comments)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest Electric-type STAB attack, (AC) and when paired with Electrium Z, (AC) it can heavily damage unsuspecting targets, including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokemon such as Chansey and overall not be as easy to wear down.

Set Details
========
216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran. 184 Special Attack EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option over Electrium Z for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal, Thunder is not as reliable.

Usage Tips
========
It is important to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Electrium Z-boosted Thunder Z-Move. You should be patient with using the Z-Move by making sure your opponent won't anticipate and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna, (RC) and surprise it with the its Z-Move. Lots of balance and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokemon such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-type like Tangrowth to check Rotom-W. Focus, (AC) so focus on removing it by bringing in a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers with the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong wallbreakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados. Be careful with hard switching it in often, as Rotom-W is frail and prone to being worn down, especially when Stealth Rock is up.

Team Options
========
Mega Scizor can switch into Grass-types that force Rotom-W out and form a potent VoltTurn core alongside it. Scizor draws in Heatran, Toxapex, and Celesteela, all of which Rotom-W can take advantage of. Additional Fire- and Flying-type checks are crucial alongside this set, as Rotom-W is not a reliable switch-in to the likes of Heatran, Hawlucha, and Tornadus-T. Calm Mind sweepers such as Clefable and Mega Latias are good teammates for Rotom-W, as it can remove surefire checks like Heatran and Toxapex, allowing them to set up and sweep a lot more easily. Clefable in particular can also aid in setting up Stealth Rock, which helps Rotom-W even more by getting more chip damage on switch-ins alongside Volt Switch. Rotom-W appreciates entry hazards to have a better chance at pressuring teams. Ferrothorn and Greninja are great partners, as they can reliably set up Spikes to help Rotom-W's Volt Switch be more impactful.

[CREDITS]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:
instead of my gp stamp here's a logo i did for a draft league i was in like a year ago (i gave up after a week)

pretend the leftovers is electrium z
you may use this image with my consent and you must credit me, failing to follow these rules will result in a file for copyright

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
just kidding i fully forgive rabia he's forever in my debt
don't have much tho
add remove (comments)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Volt Switch helps Rotom-W maintain offensive momentum, limiting free switches in from Pokemon such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and Mega Latias. Thunder is Rotom-W's strongest Electric-type STAB attack, (AC) and when paired with Electrium Z, (AC) it can heavily damage unsuspecting targets, including Toxapex, Clefable, Zapdos, and Magearna. Pain Split helps Rotom-W last longer so it can be more effective. Moreover, it can be especially helpful against bulkier teams, allowing Rotom-W to constantly pressure Pokemon such as Chansey and overall not be as easy to wear down.

Set Details
========
216 Speed EVs in tandem with a Timid nature allow Rotom-W to always outspeed Gyarados and Heatran. 184 Special Attack EVs ensure an OHKO on Celesteela and Toxapex with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder after Stealth Rock, a 2HKO on offensive Garchomp with Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, and an OHKO on Weavile with Electrium Z-boosted Thunder. Waterium Z is also a viable option over Electrium Z for a better nuke against the likes of Garchomp, specially defensive Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Tyranitar. By doing so, it is usually better to run Will-O-Wisp over Thunder, as without the Z-Crystal, Thunder is not as reliable.

Usage Tips
========
It is important to not carelessly waste Rotom-W's Z-Electrium Z-boosted Thunder Z-Move. You should be patient with using the Z-Move by making sure your opponent won't anticipate and scout for it. Try to aggressively switch Rotom-W in on a predicted switch from a Pokemon such as Toxapex or Magearna, (RC) and surprise it with the its Z-Move. Lots of balance and stall teams tend to rely on a single Pokemon such as Mega Latias or a defensive Grass-type like Tangrowth to check Rotom-W. Focus, (AC) so focus on removing it by bringing in a counter with Volt Switch. The main attraction of this set is the great utility Rotom-W offers with the combination of applying constant pressure with Volt Switch and Pain Split. Setting up entry hazards and pivoting to strong wallbreakers enhances Rotom-W's ability to break apart teams. Keep in mind that Rotom-W will have trouble consistently checking Pokemon such as Heatran, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados. Be careful with hard switching it in often, as Rotom-W is frail and prone to being worn down, especially when Stealth Rock is up.

Team Options
========

[CREDITS]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:
instead of my gp stamp here's a logo i did for a draft league i was in like a year ago (i gave up after a week)
View attachment 193370
pretend the leftovers is electrium z
you may use this image with my consent and you must credit me, failing to follow these rules will result in a file for copyright
done, ready to be uploaded i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)