Other Metagames ZU regice balance

I have always liked regice but its really hard to use outside zu. However in zu it becomes really effective. The teams goal is to prevent rocks and stall sweepers untill regice has no checks and can breaks through teams.
Regice @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Polish

The standard sweeper set, modest for max power, focus blast and fightinium z allow regice to break steel and rock types. Thunderbolt, 2hkos non invested poliwrath and ice beam gives a strong stab with bolt beam blast coverage. Can switch in on Scarfed rotoms blizzard/air slash and setup.

matches up very well against the ZU meta as it can beat torterra and rotom frost/fan. However,needs heavy team support such as rocks removal and fighting types checks.

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

In my experience silvally doesn't work with any bulk, max speed and special attack allows for a more offensive defogger. the first three moves are a standard in silvally move sets , while toxic allows silvally to cripple non steel or poison walls.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Specially defensive wall/cleric. Wish protect grants reliable recovery, toxic to help against other walls and seismic toss as it has the best damage output in togetics move pool. Max special defence allows to tank rotom fan and frosts volt switch. I could use heal bell but it suffers from 4 move slot syndrome.

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off

Anti-lead, liepard is critical to my team as it carries taunt to prevent rocks getting up, which helps regice in entering for a sweep. Designed to win against golem by fake out then taunt then seed bomb. Very frail but almost always prevents rocks.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Physically defensive wall, steel typing is rare in zu so isnt prepared for as much as other tiers. Has a 50% chance to beat lycanroc at +2 and can pressure rotom frost.
Meteor mash allows for boosting as well as stab, eq for to beat probopass and alola golem.

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
sub sweeper, its aim is to sub up on a toxic or other status move and bulk up. horn leech allows passive recovery and eq allows you to hit steels and fires.
Completely counters sweeper torterra unless they carry rockium z or toxic.

Thank you for reading, if you could suggest any changes to spreads or Pokemon with keeping in the teams intended use.

Hey! Glad you're enjoying the ZU tier! I'm part of the ZU staff and I'm glad to see people submitting their teams here.

I really think Regice is an effective Pokemon in the metagame and you're using it well. However, I do have some things I would suggest.

On Silvally Water:
  • Toxic -> Flamethrower / Ice Beam
This is the least important of the criticisms I have for this team, and merely a preference thing. This will allow Silvally to better deal with the numerous Grass-types in the tier. Flamethrower is all purpose, but also hits Rotom-Frost for significantly more damage than Surf. Ice Beam can hit Torterra for more damage as well as being able to hit Silvally-Dragon. This change can allow you to preserve Regice's HP more instead of forcing it to take unneeded damage to deal with Grass-types or Rotom Frost, on top of potential damage from hazards.
  • Change the spread from 252 SpA / 252 Spe to 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe with a Timid Nature
You're missing 4 EVs on Silvally to begin with. However, this spread makes Silvally more useful throughout the match, as it is significantly more bulky and can function much longer in a battle. The offensive presence of Silvally is somewhat lacking regardless; this helps Silvally perform its support role to its maximum potential. The Speed investment is to outspeed max speed non-scarf Rotom Frost.

Togetic -> Lickilicky
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

This set achieves your goal as a Specially Defensive wall far more efficiently than Togetic. Togetic is overly dependent on Eviolite, and Lickilicky cannot get Taunted, as well as being able to afford to run Heal Bell. It's actually more bulky in general as well and isn't weak to Stealth Rock.

Liepard -> Pursuit Trap Liepard
This "anti-lead" Liepard isn't very good in general, and quite ineffective especially on this team. You have the most consistent defogger in the tier in Silvally-Water, and Liepard can be better put to Pursuit trapping Grumpig, which is a significant barrier to Regice's sweeping ability as it essentially resists Ice Beam with Thick Fat. It's a very powerful Knock Off user and provides a lot of offensive momentum to the team.
Here's my suggested set:
Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Gogoat -> Torterra
Gogoat is generally extremely outclassed by Torterra. As a setup sweeper you could completely opt for this set for a more effective secondary sweeper and Grass-type.
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute / Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb / Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

This set is more bulky and more powerful than Gogoat, and has more options. If you desperately wanted a defensive boost as well, you could try Curse instead of Swords Dance or opt to use a better Pokemon for the job, such as Vigoroth or Muk.

Overall, really cool team! Hopefully I helped and if you have any questions feel free to ask, and you can also check out the ZU Discord here and others can help you out too.

Thanks for the reply, one question if i remove togetic there will be nothing to deal with fighting types on my team. metang cant deal with guts machoke as it gets knock off. I will definitely try out some of your set ideas they sound great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)