Jumpman16

Actually Milotic could be a good idea. HP Electric, Surf, Ice Beam/Hypnosis to counter Gyara + Heatran. Or you could even use the resttalk one to absorb sleep (Resttalk + Surf and Hp Electric)

I found that a SDef oriented Jirachi is a good counter to Gengar, so you could try a more SpDefensive EV Spread and see if that works.
I liked this team =)

edit: Milotic perfectly counters Kingdra too, your team is kinda weak to him.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
I meant that if you took Zapdos out of your team, Pursuiting your Starmie would open up a Gyara sweep. I threw Milotic in there to take special hits better, as something like mence destroys you pretty bad. I think you should try Scarf Empoleon, but eh Starmie works I guess.

use it

If I used Celebi, which set would be best.

Also, I'm using Sunny Day now because rain dance teams are fucking retarded.

If I used Celebi, which set would be best.

Also, I'm using Sunny Day now because rain dance teams are fucking retarded.
Are you seriously considering using sunny day with celebi and without a poke to take the incoming fire attack 0_o Heatran or Arcanine would help.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
CM / Grass Knot / Recover / Baton Pass

I was going to suggest Sunny day, until I realized that you suddenly have no real switches for Fire types. Surf's power is not enough to beat them with Sunny Day up. Celebi can handle rain teams decently, and after a CM, Kingdra can't even touch it. Both Sunny Day and Rain Dance have their advantages and disadvantages, but I think rain Dance does less harm overall.

it was her idea initially and objectively there aren't much better option to get rid of Blissey once and for all, besides using Tyranitar which is out of the question because of sand stream or Tickle Wobbuffet which, aside from probably being considered illegal with our likely banishment of event moves, would add a "useless" pokemon that often needs more support the espeon
I don't see why this team needs to get rid of blissey. There's no special sweeper that needs to get rid of blissey.

I don't see why this team needs to get rid of blissey. There's no special sweeper that needs to get rid of blissey.
Starmie, Espeon, Jirachi, and Zapdos are all completely walled by Blissey.

Anyway, I noticed enemy Zapdos causes some trouble, there's nothing I can really switch in to it. God it really looks like Celebi is the right choice here doesn't it... sigh.

Anyway, I noticed enemy Zapdos causes some trouble, there's nothing I can really switch in to it. God it really looks like Celebi is the right choice here doesn't it... sigh.
But are they sweepers? Do you expect a bold zapdos with no sp atk investment to sweep? Just kill blissey half with SR or something and finish it off with a sub-pass to duggie or something from celebi.

for a moment I forgot Gengar can escape from Arena Trap.. lol. Which is why I didnt fall for the Pursuit last night Mystica :P

okay team I guess. Dunno what to say because Im pretty bad at making teams in DP.

But are they sweepers? Do you expect a bold zapdos with no sp atk investment to sweep? Just kill blissey half with SR or something and finish it off with a sub-pass to duggie or something from celebi.
With a few CM's they can Sweep.... And even with Blissey gone..... they can sweep....

and lol Wart.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shiny Crobat said:
Are you fucking kidding me? Incase you havn't noticed, the main point of this team is to CM up with Espeon, and Baton Pass to either Starmie, Zapdos or Infernape. Espeon is shut down by Blissey, as are Starmie and Zapdos.

I guess Blissey isn't THAT important to get rid of, even though she completely stops the whole purpose of this team.

Are you fucking kidding me? Incase you havn't noticed, the main point of this team is to CM up with Espeon, and Baton Pass to either Starmie, Zapdos or Infernape. Espeon is shut down by Blissey, as are Starmie and Zapdos.

I guess Blissey isn't THAT important to get rid of, even though she completely stops the whole purpose of this team.
So if you BP to infernape what's the problem? Why have a bold zapdos if you're going to sweep with it? And NO speed investment? That's not really effective. Especially if u-turn isn't going to do much with all those calm minds. Giving pokemon multiple roles might help if BPing doesn't work, but after BPing it isn't effective.

And I'm not kidding.

So if you BP to infernape what's the problem? Why have a bold zapdos if you're going to sweep with it? And NO speed investment? That's not really effective. Especially if u-turn isn't going to do much with all those calm minds. Giving pokemon multiple roles might help if BPing doesn't work, but after BPing it isn't effective.

And I'm not kidding.
With Blissey gone, (Espeon can setup on Cresselia usually), any of the 3 with a few CMs can attempt at sweeping. This team isnt like ninjask where you give it a bunch of stat ups and sweep with 1 poke.

With Blissey gone, (Espeon can setup on Cresselia usually), any of the 3 with a few CMs can attempt at sweeping. This team isnt like ninjask where you give it a bunch of stat ups and sweep with 1 poke.
They can try, but it isn't likely to happen with al these scarf pokemon these days. Espeon can't sweep after one CM, so if it BPs or not, it can be roared.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ironically, your team is pretty much swept by Dugtrio...especially with the addition of Jirachi over Bronzong. No matter how many CMs you pass, someone can just wait for Infernape or Starmie, sack something to get Duggy in and then you have to start over again without the ability to stop Blissey from walling you.

Adding that Gengar you were thinking of could help.

edit: also, sunny day on Jirachi is kinda silly and just asking for Scarf Heatran to OHKO everything you have, 2hkoing Starmie in the sun. Rain Dance is probably the better option. Maybe replacing Infernape with a special-attacking Lucario would be a better option. It still gets Close Combat, and can use Vacuum Wave to deal with its slight speed disadvantage. That, and it actually has resistances so you can Baton Pass to it even without a sub up. That way, Rain Dance will actually be helping you instead of the very large chance that Sunny Day has of hurting you.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They can try, but it isn't likely to happen with al these scarf pokemon these days. Espeon can't sweep after one CM, so if it BPs or not, it can be roared.
What does that have to do with removing Blissey from the picture? And if the object is to use Espeon to aid other special sweepers, wouldn't using a Bold Zapdos with 252 HP EVs be more beneficial than 252SpA/252Spd anyway if what you're saying about Scarf pokemon being a problem is true?

Now that you switched bronzong to Jirachi I feel that it would open you more against those Sandstorm teams with T-tar+Garchomp (garchomp specifically). Yes I realize you have Dugtrio but not like your other pokemon can take hits from CBT-tar extremely well. Garchomp(Scarf) with SR down given a typical SS team which is very likely as you have no Rapid Spin, Zapdos will get worn down and Garchomp easily hurts this team with EQ alone.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
do you see any viable solution to that while keeping EspyJump on the team?

If this were my team I would change Jirachi back to Bronzong and change Zapdos EVs to a more special defensive spread but to not ditch defense entirely.

Honestly, its hard to change anything on this team(as well as most) without opening yourself to more weaknesses, I rather just take the accepted threat of Garchomp as this team has most likely reached it max potential. There isn't really any reason to change it but just note that it does have a weakness to XY.

If this were my team I would change Jirachi back to Bronzong and change Zapdos EVs to a more special defensive spread but to not ditch defense entirely.

Honestly, its hard to change anything on this team(as well as most) without opening yourself to more weaknesses, I rather just take the accepted threat of Garchomp as this team has most likely reached it max potential. There isn't really any reason to change it but just note that it does have a weakness to XY.
I agree. Thanks. Though Bronzong does help with the Chomp issue... right.

Poor Espeon. I'm seriously about to give up on this team the more times I lose with it lol.

You could revamp the team and go with a different route.

Espeon / Nape / Magnezone / Skarm / Dugtrio / Starmie

Something like that might fit it better if you think this is not working.

What does that have to do with removing Blissey from the picture? And if the object is to use Espeon to aid other special sweepers, wouldn't using a Bold Zapdos with 252 HP EVs be more beneficial than 252SpA/252Spd anyway if what you're saying about Scarf pokemon being a problem is true?
Theoretically it would help, but it needs speed. After one BP the opponent knows the Espeon is an Espyjump. So why not try to get the most out of the first BP?

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

God Mystica you get so much attn. lol

Anyway, Celebi can 'wall' Zapdos to a certain extent, but with Calm Mind, Zapdos will have a hard time taking it down already. I'd definitely go with Gouki's set but without Recover since it probably needs that slot for a Substitute or something, to allow it to pass the Calm Minds safely to one of your more frail sweepers (i.e. Infernape).

Anyway, if you decide on keeping Espeon, I suggest EVing it to outspeed the ever common Infernape in order to take it down before it can try anything funny with it.

Theoretically it would help, but it needs speed. After one BP the opponent knows the Espeon is an Espyjump. So why not try to get the most out of the first BP?
I can see where you are coming from Crobat but why wuold you weaken Zapdos's ability to take hits when it isn't even the main BP recepient? Also, It's safe to assume Mystica will use Espeon in the opportune moment (ie. late came or when she knows enough of the enemy's team to ensure a CM Pass is gg). Therefore, it really doesn't matter that the oppenent knows it's a Espyjump.

I can see where you are coming from Crobat but why wuold you weaken Zapdos's ability to take hits when it isn't even the main BP recepient? Also, It's safe to assume Mystica will use Espeon in the opportune moment (ie. late came or when she knows enough of the enemy's team to ensure a CM Pass is gg). Therefore, it really doesn't matter that the oppenent knows it's a Espyjump.
I agree Zapdos will be less effective in tanking, but it will also be less effective at sweeping.

It's hard to BP late game if Mystica has (almost) no pokemon to take out opposing pokemon. But I completely agree that weakening zapdos' defences doesn't help the team if the BP doesn't work.

Edit: a way to force switches would help this team. With Stealth Rock up and Duggie to KO weakened pokemon, a way to force switches for SR to do damage would help. Maybe Fake Tears Jolteon or a Screech pokemon. Maybe just Roar or Whirlwind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)