Pokemon can be re-infected with Pokerus Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing the EVs on Forbidden's Bulkydos (which Cosmic Jeff was kind enough to trade to me the other day) because I wanted to try a different spread. I was training 3 pokemon tonight - one that had never been touched by pokerus, the Gyarados, and another poke of mine from Emerald that had already been trained there but had been Pal parked and needed a differnt spread for D/P. Something strange happened...

I gave the Gyarados a Pomeg Berry to reset its HP EVs to 100, and then fought 10 Bidoofs using VS seeker. This should have given it 150 EVs, and at level 45 this should have resulted in it having 171 hit points. When I deposited it in the PC to check I hadn't made a mistake, I saw it had 176 HP. I cursed my not paying attention in having fought the trainer south of Solaceon too many times, gave it another Pomeg Berry and did it again - same result.

It had gotten twice as many EVs as it should have - even though it clearly had the yellow face on its status screen that indicates the pokemon no longer has Pokerus. The next pokemon I trained was the one bred and trained by me on Emerald, and I found the same thing happened - it got twice the EVs a Pokerus-less Pokemon should have done.

My theory is this:
When I was infecting the untouched poke with pokerus, I had all 3 pokemon in my party (Gyara from diff D/P trainer, poke from Emerald trainer, untouched poke) because I was going to train them all together. I think the Gyarados and Emerald pokemon were re-infected, even though the yellow face never left and the purple PKRS never reappeared with either pokemon.

I have since tested this with another pokemon and would like other people to see if this is the same on their games. I tested the theory like so:

1) Got a poke from another trainer ID that I knew to have over 100 EVs in Attack.
2) Fed it 2 Kelpsy berries to give it 90 Attack EVs.
3) Fought 5 wild pokemon with a pokemon in slot 1 with Pokerus, and the 90 Att Ev pokemon in slot 2 (as you would to infect a pokemon normally).
4) Equipped it Power Bracer and defeated a Wild Gyarados (4EVs + 2EVs).
5) Fed the pokemon a Protein after the battle - it had no effect!

The pokemon should have had 96 EVs (2 from Gyarados, 4 from Power Bracer) but it had gotten double that because of Pokerus and had over 100 EVs, making the Protein ineffective. Please can somebody test this and confirm that it is the same for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)