Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this came up already but...

"How do I collect my travel allowance (3rd & 4th place)?

Upon receiving your prize package at your Regional Qualifying Tournament, the Tournament Organizer will provide you with a checklist. In order to qualify for the prize package, the checklist must be completed and returned to us, postmarked by April 10th, 2009."

I assume the April 10th thing is a typo, since the matches don't start until after tomorrow...

World Championships Prizes

1st Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game World Championships First Place trophy
  • An Invitation and Travel Award to participate in the 2010 Pokémon Video Game World Championships
  • A trip for four to Tokyo, Japan, New York, NY, USA or Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • A Pokémon prize package including a Nintendo DSi™ game system, and other cool Pokémon items
Anyone catch that? I'm going to file for my passport on Tuesday. Get hype guys!

Crap, i live in LA so i cant make it to san francisco.... im so disappointed.. all that team making for nothing.....
you know just beacause we cant enter the tourny it doesnt mean we still cant play in double anymore. remember skarmbliss is also a place for double battles so we dont have to use showdown rule about using lv.50max level so pokemon like Tyranitar are back in.

Me to, the locations are a mess. It sucks they leave out NY and LA. The most busiest cities in America.
yeah i know that is weird.

After being out pokemon competitve play for a while my interest is reignited, after finding out one of the locations is In Philly and I live about 1 hour away from there so I have two months to prepare for this and deffinately try to make it.

World Championships Prizes

1st Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game World Championships First Place trophy
  • An Invitation and Travel Award to participate in the 2010 Pokémon Video Game World Championships
  • A trip for four to Tokyo, Japan, New York, NY, USA or Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • A Pokémon prize package including a Nintendo DSi™ game system, and other cool Pokémon items
Anyone catch that? I'm going to file for my passport on Tuesday. Get hype guys!
Yeash, I saw that; I am assuming they did that by accident. But at least they confirmed it for next year!

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well guys, be seeing you in Phila and (if I make don't do well there) in Nashville!

I'm taking along the only other guys at my school in my car, nd we're gonna make a field day of it. Just us three, three hours, and at least third place. =P

I think think it would be wise for Smogon members to have a meet up prior to the tournament. In the event that only some members can enter, we can at least pool resources and trade pokemon to those that can play to give them the best possible odds of winning. I did something like this impromptu for the JAA event 3 years ago, where someone random traded me a Mewtwo. At least 3 pokemon got me to semi-finals. At the very worst, I cannot see any harm in doing this.

If I recall correctly, the mall opens at 10 AM, so meeting early might be ideal.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I plan on making the trip to PA (3 hours from OH), and will be traveling with all both of the other people who play pokemon at my school. You'll most liekly know me if you see me (I'll most likely post what I plan on waring later).

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mia said:
At the very worst, I cannot see any harm in doing this.
Really? I can. Hacked pokemon gets traded to you, causes you to fail the hack check if you advance far enough for them to bother checking you.

This is awesome! I might make the Phily one. But its not 2v2 doubles apparently because when it asks you for your put your pokemon list it asks you information for 6 pokemon. I'd be really pissed if it were singles because Ive been working hard as hell on this Doubles Team!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am literally ecstatic that the London, England event is only about 20 minutes away from me. I'll definitely be going. Anyone else?

I live in Costa Rica, From New Jersey, I get out of School on June 6. I MIGHT be able to go with good behavior lol. From NJ its like 2hours and sign up is at 8:30! Im going to have to wake up at like 5:00 or something! And if I miss sign up Ill be killed.

I plan to own in this tourney and at least win an invitation to ST. Louis. My mom said I couldn't go in May but June is like perfect. Im praying. I hope to see whoever is going to philly there. :)

And I second with Mia said. Representing Smogon would be awesome in this tornument. I think for more odds for winning on whatever 15-20 people from Smogon are going there we should meet up.

Im glad the people who actually had been paying attention to this from the First Thread(BattleBeastEXP, Xia, Me, Haku16) aren't going frantic to find a good team from other people haha I really hope I see you guys there

They ask for 6 because two are subs I think.
true

Regional Regulations said:
Players may only use Pokémon and held items listed on their Team Information Sheet during the tournament.
[...]
Players may change which held item a Pokémon is using between matches so long as both the Pokémon and the held item are listed on the player’s Team Information Sheet.

This is awesome! I might make the Phily one. But its not 2v2 doubles apparently because when it asks you for your put your pokemon list it asks you information for 6 pokemon. I'd be really pissed if it were singles because Ive been working hard as hell on this Doubles Team!
No where does it say you have to have 6 pokemon on the list. It says you have to have from 4 to 6 pokemon on the list (also 4 to 6 items). You can only use those pokemon and held items. This, I guess, it a way to stop people from choosing teams that totally counter their next opponents team (they know the opponents team through screen-looking, which by the way is legal)

I think think it would be wise for Smogon members to have a meet up prior to the tournament. In the event that only some members can enter, we can at least pool resources and trade pokemon to those that can play to give them the best possible odds of winning. I did something like this impromptu for the JAA event 3 years ago, where someone random traded me a Mewtwo. At least 3 pokemon got me to semi-finals. At the very worst, I cannot see any harm in doing this.

If I recall correctly, the mall opens at 10 AM, so meeting early might be ideal.
This would be very good for us. We all have strong pokemon, so it would increase the odds of covering any weaknesses in any person's team. Also, those who don't get in can be used as reconnaissance to spot possible opposing teams. Just as TTS said, it is possible for one person to "infect" everybody else's games with hacked pokemon. That's why we should have someone hack check our pokemon prior to the registration. Also, everybody has to go by the honor system and use pokemon they bred themselves from pokemon that were caught in their own unhacked games. And we better arrive very early, as the registration starts at 8:30 A.M. for seniors. 8 A.M. meeting time guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)