Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, finally got Wi-Fi working, any tips for finishing the Scenario (pokemon for E4 etc) and breeding Pokémon for trading/competitive play?

Hey, was wandering if anyone would help me come up with two additions to my VCG Team. So far I'm pretty much decided on a sandstorm team with Hippowdon and Garchomp to start. So any ideas on the other two team mates? Tyranitar is banned along with Rotom and most of the Legendaries except for the legendary trio's and Heatran.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Is stall viable in Ubers?
Yes.

After fighting stall for long periods of time, as well as using Mind's stall team for tests, stall can work. However, stall isn't something you can just pick up without some experience in it, as it differs from the usual offensive pace. Also, be very careful of tricky Pokemon such as Darkrai, Mewtwo, Dialga, and Giratina-O, as all four can cause massive damage to stall teams.

Hey, was wandering if anyone would help me come up with two additions to my VCG Team. So far I'm pretty much decided on a sandstorm team with Hippowdon and Garchomp to start. So any ideas on the other two team mates? Tyranitar is banned along with Rotom and most of the Legendaries except for the legendary trio's and Heatran.
Something to slow down Rain teams would be nice (like Cresselia). You might also want something slow so Trick Room doesn't wreck your strategy.

And I wanted to know how I can find out what is my SID without aR
You can't. You can always ask somebody with Pokesav to check for you. All they need is one of your pokemon.

Something to slow down Rain teams would be nice (like Cresselia). You might also want something slow so Trick Room doesn't wreck your strategy.

You can't. You can always ask somebody with Pokesav to check for you. All they need is one of your pokemon.
I think Ill have to do this way
But, does this pokemon need to be random shiny?
(Ive seen this in a lot of other sites =o)

Well, your starters just bend over and die to Ice-type attacks, so you'd best have some backup Pokes to take their weaknesses. I'm thinking a Steel type to resist Sandstorm, ice, and dragon moves directed at Garchomp. Another problem I see is that Garchomp (and Hippowdon, to some extent) will miss having their Ground STAB in Earthquake, since neither will be immune to it. Since you want a Sandstorm team, Hippowdon should lead with possibly an Aerodactyl. Hippowdon can then freely Earthquake, while Aerodactyl will provide you with the valuable Taunt, which helps with the furious set-ups in Doubles. Garchomp can then be your backup sweeper waiting, paired with maybe a Heatran? *shrug* I just realized suggesting that Aerodactyl just added to your ice weakness. XD

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Sunny Day

If you try to use Sunny day when Sunny Day is already in play, will it fail?

Do you need to wait until it's over to use it again?

What does CMT mean? I keep seeing people use it in the Wi-Fi forum. O_o
It stands for "check my thread"; usually people say it when they're asking people to look at their threat in Wi-Fi, if they mention wanting a Pokemon or something that they have in it.

What happens if a Pokemon with the ability Technician uses Beat Up? Do any of the hits of the attack get boosted? What if said Technician pokemon is one of the teammates that gives an attack during Beat Up.

GTS cloning won't work for me anymore on Pearl... Whenever I go back in to withdraw (after the reset and without the clonee in my party, meaning the cloning didn't work in the first place) I get a message saying 'X was not traded.' The clonee then appears in my party again. Any explanations?

If I knock out Giratina in the Torn World during my first encounter in Platinum, will it reappear later, and if so, at what level and where?

Also, will the nature be set during the first encounter, or when you capture it?

If I knock out Giratina in the Torn World during my first encounter in Platinum, will it reappear later, and if so, at what level and where?

Also, will the nature be set during the first encounter, or when you capture it?
Like Macle said, you can find it at Turnback Cave in the old place it was at in Diamond and Pearl and have completely new stats independent from it's earlier encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)