new 2009 albums

New A Day to Remember is pretty sick. Definitely my favorite album of 2009 so far. New Appleseed Cast is pretty damn good too.

I'm really psyched for new Converge, Brand New, The Fall of Troy, Between the Buried and Me and Dear Hunter. There are probably tons of bands I listen to who're releasing a new album this year that I don't know about. This is what I'm the most excited for though.

extra it's really hard to give you an insight on the album without knowing what previous (if any) album you were into, dredg's style has been varying a lot through the years
this is a bit late as i've already listened to it, but beforehand i'd only ever heard a few songs off catch without arms/el cielo

i thought it was pretty good; i especially liked Ireland and Information. there were a few tracks that i didn't like but there's 18 songs so that is probably to be expected e_e

though i don't really feel like listening to it again atm.

1. As Cities Burn - Hell or High Water
2. Coheed and Cambria - Neverender (still don't have the DVD set...if I did probably number one)
3. The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Worse Than Alone
4. P.O.S. - Never Better
5. Propagandhi - Supporting Caste
6. Thursday - Common Existence
7. mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright
8. Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Looking forward to new Circle Takes the Square, Mars Volta, Between the Buried and Me, Brand New, Fall of Troy...other stuff that I'm not remembering.

Just preordered Black Clouds and Silver Linings (the set that comes with some cover songs and instrumental songs) so that should be sweet

I listened to Dance Gavin Dance - Happiness today. It's a vast improvement from their s/t, but still doesn't take Downtown Battle Mountain (even if it's a little more consistent this time). edit: Actually on second listen, this might be slightly better. The harsh vocals are much more tolerable now. edit2: Wow this is a grower.

I'm also looking forward to new dredg, The Fall of Troy, Circle Takes the Square (will this ever come out..?), Kayo Dot, Radiohead (possibly) and some more this year.

Apparently the vocalist from Protest the Hero is featured in a Fall of Troy song.... should be interesting.

I listened to Dance Gavin Dance - Happiness today. It's a vast improvement from their s/t, but still doesn't take Downtown Battle Mountain (even if it's a little more consistent this time). edit: Actually on second listen, this might be slightly better. The harsh vocals are much more tolerable now. edit2: Wow this is a grower.

I'm also looking forward to new dredg, The Fall of Troy, Circle Takes the Square (will this ever come out..?), Kayo Dot, Radiohead (possibly) and some more this year.

Apparently the vocalist from Protest the Hero is featured in a Fall of Troy song.... should be interesting.
I think the new Dance Gavin Dance should be their best work yet. It seems like they got better after Jon left. His vocals weren't that good, but for some reason he fit the band perfectly. And as for CTTS, we can only hope.

I'm guessing most of you guys aren't into Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell but I am, and the only 2009 album I have so far is Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

and it's awesome

1. As Cities Burn - Hell or High Water
2. Coheed and Cambria - Neverender (still don't have the DVD set...if I did probably number one)
3. The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Worse Than Alone
4. P.O.S. - Never Better
5. Propagandhi - Supporting Caste
6. Thursday - Common Existence
7. mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright
8. Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Looking forward to new Circle Takes the Square, Mars Volta, Between the Buried and Me, Brand New, Fall of Troy...other stuff that I'm not remembering.
Wow. How did I forget about Common Existance? Awesome album. I was a little disappointed they didn't have any post-rock songs like they did on their split with Envy. Oh well. Also I didn't know #12 was releasing a new album this year. It should be pretty good.

And I'm in the process of downloading Dance Gavin Dance - Happiness. Bitrate should be shitty but whatever.

I can't decide if I like Common Existence or A City by the Light Divided more, but I've always felt like Full Collapse was way overrated and War All the Time was underrated.

As for the new Number Twelve, it's less accessible (so I hear from non-fans) but I think it's their best work yet.

I can't decide if I like Common Existence or A City by the Light Divided more, but I've always felt like Full Collapse was way overrated and War All the Time was underrated.

As for the new Number Twelve, it's less accessible (so I hear from non-fans) but I think it's their best work yet.
I love all of their albums. They're extremely consistent. Full Collapse does have to be my favorite though. War All the Time's amazing but it's too poppy for me. Full Collapse just seems more post-hardcoreish.

I'll definitely check out new Number Twelve. Either way I'm not gonna be disappointed.

^I've always thought Full Collapse was the more accessible one because of Geoff's (more soothing) voice. I mean it'd be the one I'd recommend to someone getting into Thursday.

Also, anyone looking forward to Thrice? It looks like their new album's close to done by now.

That's cool as shit. Didn't know Thrice was releasing a new album this year. Hopefully it'll be a little heavier than The Alchemy Index. I'm not really feeling their newer stuff as much. I'll love it either way though.

What I *really* want is another Hot Cross album. Like, above almost everything else. Except for new albums from Brand New and Circle Takes the Square, probably.

EDIT: But I am excited for new Thrice too, haha.

Hot Cross is amazing. It sucks so bad they broke up. I was supposed to see them with This Will Destroy you, Fear Before the March of Flames and 65daysofstatic awhile ago. They broke up like right before the date they were supposed to play. It would have been a sick show.

But what I'm most pumped for is new Converge. I've probably already mentioned it, but it's gonna be fucking insane. Their teaser's ridiculous, and when I saw them in PA like a month ago they played some of their new shit. It was pretty promising. I'm expecting it's gonna be just as good as Jane Doe.

I would loooove to see Fear Before, but I'm so broke right now. They've been here twice in like the past half year, though.

But yeah, I'm sad I never got to see them, along with Bear Vs. Shark, and At the Drive-In. (I *have* seen The Mars Volta though!)

Jeez, a new thrice album?
Wasn't the Alchemy Index enough to merit a break for a while?
I'm not going to complain though, just wondering how i didn't hear about this.

I would loooove to see Fear Before, but I'm so broke right now. They've been here twice in like the past half year, though.

But yeah, I'm sad I never got to see them, along with Bear Vs. Shark, and At the Drive-In. (I *have* seen The Mars Volta though!)
They were playing at a small venue in my area a few weeks ago but I didn't go since I've been going to a shitload of shows recently and couldn't afford it. I'm not a big fan of them though. Like I listen to and enjoy their music, but I wouldn't see them live when they're the only one playing (which they were).

The Always Open Mouth is one of my favorite albums, and they probably would mostly be playing their S/T, but I'd still really like to see them.

Only albums of 2009 I've listened to are Swoon, Crack the Skye, and The Devil You Know, but those are all great. I'm looking forward to Farm, 21st Century Breakdown, and the New Wolfmother and Thrice too though. I'll check out some of the other albums you guys have mentioned too.

Listened to quite a lot of albums from this year.

Amesoeurs - S/T
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - The Century Of Self (surprisingly, they only played one song from that live. Huh)
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Antony and the Johnsons - The Crying Light
Dälek - Gutter Tactics
Dan Deacon - Bromst
Devin Townsend Project - Ki
El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Cryptomnesia (looking forward to Octahedron as well)
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Oranssi Pazuzu - Muukalainen Puhuu (Finnish psychedelic black metal. Surprisingly great)
Team Teamwork - The Ocarina Of Rhyme
Woods - Songs Of Shame

Apart from Octahedron, looking forward to the new Portugal. The Man, Porcupine Tree and Nine Inch Nails (well, considering his recent work ethic he's bound to unless he says otherwise) albums.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nine Inch Nails won't release anything for a while, I think Trent Reznor is getting married and shit. Plus they're still touring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)