HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really a bad thing, my favorite part of in game is being to use random pokes that are fun (in fact i used corsola on my team i beat english plat with) competitive and such i understand being forced to use monotonous old ou's but in game really, is that what you want to be beating the game with sciczor and blissey and heracross
Umm he never said it was a bad thing. He said it was THE SHIT meaning that it was one of the things he most enjoyed.

EDIT: As for Lance, his team will receive a huge boost, assuming they actually use dragons to their fullest potential. Draco Meteor and Outrage for his dragons. A fire move for Dragonite/Nair and a water move for Kingdra. Charizard should know a fire move, Air Slash, and Dragon Pulse. Gyarados should know Outrage, Waterfall, Dragon Dance. Aerodactyl can learn Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. I think these new moves would drastically improve Lance's elegibility for champion, although I can't say my ingame team would handle it very well without being 5-10 levels higher, but come on, the E4 is never hard!
Cynthia is difficult to beat without the use of powerful items like Leftovers, Choice Scarf, etc. In fact, in Platinum especially, Cynthia can easily take you down to your last Pokemon unless you:

A) Dragon Dance 4+ times
B) Abuse healing items

Lace was a joke in GSC. Only Gary in the original games was easier.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I would be quite happy to see a challenging champion, blue was fun, lance sucked, steven sucked, and cythia was ok. I want to a challenging champion

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cynthia is difficult to beat without the use of powerful items like Leftovers, Choice Scarf, etc. In fact, in Platinum especially, Cynthia can easily take you down to your last Pokemon unless you:

A) Dragon Dance 4+ times
B) Abuse healing items

what? Cynthia was a joke for me. Only part i had trouble w/ was Garchomp, which i used intimidate 4 times (alternated between gyarados and staraptor) and finished it off.

Spiritomb was a joke. Period. Same with roserade. Milotic, I used gyara to DD a couple of times and take it down. Togekiss:Boom thunder.

what? Cynthia was a joke for me. Only part i had trouble w/ was Garchomp, which i used intimidate 4 times (alternated between gyarados and staraptor) and finished it off.

Spiritomb was a joke. Period. Same with roserade. Milotic, I used gyara to DD a couple of times and take it down. Togekiss:Boom thunder.
When I fought Cynthia I did the same thing against her garchomp, only then to kill her with my level 59 garchomp

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
well, any trainer in the game is a joke when you abuse heal items, and you factor in hte terrible AI, along with the lack of evs, good natures, and movesets.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is one of the few cases I can see where they would change rosters. Kingdra/Dragonite/Dragonair/Charizard/Aerodactyl knowing Judgement/Gyarados, anyone?
Indeed. We need Sharking Lance forever. Too bad his Aero in FRLG was legal, since Rock Slide was legal then.

Maybe BRAVE BIRD Aerodactyl? >_> "Yeah Aero, your rock attacks do crap to my Meganium, Ima gon' WTF THAT'S SO WRONG!"

Also I doubt they'll have a new Johto dex. Golbat did not get the Luxury of evolving into Crobat in FRLG. It just went to the Evo screen and failed.

Personally I'd like a Lance with Gyarados/Dragonair/Charizard/Tyranitar/Aerodactyl/Dragonite.

I think Tyranitar is a Monster not a Dragon. D: Kingdra would be better. :P

Ampharos's Japanese name means Electric Dragon, too (which is why it learns Outrage).

If you try to beat Cynthia legitimately (no healing items, no revives and no switching out pokes before your opponent switches) then she is very hard especially if your pokes are pre level 55.

If you try to beat Cynthia legitimately (no healing items, no revives and no switching out pokes before your opponent switches) then she is very hard especially if your pokes are pre level 55.
Your definition of "legitimately" is really quite skewed and to be honest, stupid, but I totally agree that Cynthia poses a much larger threat than past Champions.

At least the Kanto Gym Leaders can abuse 4th generation Pokemon, since hopefully you'll get the National Dex before going to the East.

dear god i hope the gold berry comes back, LC will be forever changed
Just pointing out that in 3rd gen, Sitrus Berry restored 30 HP like Gold Berry did. So Sitrus Berry pretty much is Gold Berry. They just changed Sitrus Berry to be better (except for LC).

I'm starting to think that at some point, there's going to be a Battle Revolution 2, with the trainers from this added, as well as Platinum's new forms (maybe they'd be usable on wi-fi there).

If I'm going to have to put up with Lance again (I hate dragon trainers) I would like him to have this team, (which is comprised of pokemon that are dragon type or in the same egg group)

Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Salamence
Charizard
Tyranitar I don't know about any one else but that looks like a hard ingame team to defeat.

May I just add (as a reply to megamewtwo) I did see a battle revolution battle recently (some tournament I believe with a video on pokebeach) where both the trainers (and I'm not making this up) were both Lucas, but Lucas from Platinum. I don't know how or why but thats what I saw.

I would love Gold Berry, the memories are good as always...I remember collecting them like they were gems and precious things~

I even cloned them because I thought they were so rare.

May I just add (as a reply to megamewtwo) I did see a battle revolution battle recently (some tournament I believe with a video on pokebeach) where both the trainers (and I'm not making this up) were both Lucas, but Lucas from Platinum. I don't know how or why but thats what I saw.
I saw that too. I'm curious if that version of him's been hiding in there all along, or if it's like a special copy of PBR. I remember reading that special copies are made for tournaments, like one tournament had matches with the "final battle" music.

More on the topic of the thread, one thing I'm looking forward to is Ho-oh. There were no events here and I don't have (or want) an AR, and the Coloeum one takes AGES to get and you can't even SR it. XD's easier to get its star in, so Lugia's not a problem.

Also, the battle music was great, I'm hoping they'll do good updating it (especially the rival battle music).

To be honest I am most looking foreward to the legendary battle and rival music too. I think the music in all of the pokemon games is the most important part (save for the pokemon ofcourse :p) thats why I hated the 3rd gen games (crapiest music ever)... However, I did like the rival music (you vs May/Brenden).

I hope you can still go to Kanto. But not only Kanto, but also to Hoenn and Sinnoh(although that would take lots of data)
I would love for that to happen.
IMO going to the other country(or region, whatever) is what made GSC unique.:toast::toast::toast:

it would not be good if all the regions were placed in a single game. Why? Because that could easily signal that the last game had been made. Still, it would be fun, I suppose. The problem with having that is that in Hoenn especially the map structure is based upon only having certain TM's at certain points. If you have surf/waterfall you can get to the elite four very fast.

If I'm going to have to put up with Lance again (I hate dragon trainers) I would like him to have this team, (which is comprised of pokemon that are dragon type or in the same egg group)

Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Salamence
Charizard
Tyranitar I don't know about any one else but that looks like a hard ingame team to defeat.

Lance should get those pokemon AFTER the National Dex, I really don't feel like fighting Flygon and Salamence with my Johto pokes quite yet. Tyranitar is more of a monster than a dragon, same with Ampharos, despite the name. Lance's team could easily be filled with Dragonite, Kingdra, Gyarados, Charizard, Aerodactyl, and a filler, perhaps Dragonair or even Tyranitar, just because it can learn Dragon Dance. He should have a solid team, as dragon types are typically stronger than other types.

Not sure why Lance had 3 Dragonite and no Kingdra in GSC, maybe because Kingdra sort of sucked back then?

To be honest I am most looking foreward to the legendary battle and rival music too. I think the music in all of the pokemon games is the most important part (save for the pokemon ofcourse :p) thats why I hated the 3rd gen games (crapiest music ever)... However, I did like the rival music (you vs May/Brenden).
Oh goodness the Hoenn Music was seriously dire. It always scars my experience of those games. First Gen music was great fun and 4th was good, but I really can't wait for these remakes, because the 2nd Generation has brilliant music, and uses some of the best tracks from the first games! (I'm thinking of the Lance battle music being re-used for the battle vs. Red ;P)

it would not be good if all the regions were placed in a single game. Why? Because that could easily signal that the last game had been made.
Um yea I hadn't thought of it that way, good point. But yea like I said, going to another region was what made GSC stand out from all the other PKMN generations

A) Dragon Dance 4+ times
B) Abuse healing items

Original game was funny. The first time I played through, I had my Venosaur at level 81 by time I got to the elite four and just muscled past its weaknesses. By time I got to Gary my Venosaur had taken such a beating that I had to use my other pokes. The fight came down to his almost dead Charizard vs a Golbat I caught on victory road. And golbat was faster :0P Oh were those the good old days.

I wonder if they aren't going to change how you encounter some of the legendaries in the old games now, though, since we don't have something crazy like the e-reader anymore.

Always have great memories on the old advance with a huge gold square sticking out of the back, can't wait to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)