4th Gen Smogon "Exams" #2 (Redux)

What did you get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heeeeere comes a Little Cup exam!

Only 10 questions, but should prove a challenge to most casual LC players (Vader got 60%). BTW, don't use sites/shoddy/calcs for this one please. Its intended to test your knowledge not ability to use a damage calc or look stuff up. Redoing it after seeing the answers is also kinda lame, but more excusable.

If this could be added to the OP it would be great. Max score is 90%, share answers to last question if you like.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure the intent was to make a Blissey set that is actually POSSIBLE to make. Blissey does not learn most of those moves you guys list.

Also, Superpower is bad with Bulk Up, because each use negates one Bulk Up. Why not Cross Chop?
I'm not a fan of the reduced accuracy lol. Maybe Sky Uppercut or Cross Chop then.

:D.
MixBliss@Life Orb
Brave
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
~Brick Break / Focus Punch
~Fire Blast
~Ice Beam
~Softboiled / Substitute

With access to a big movepool, Blissey makes an awesome wall breaker! Brick Break is for foe Blissey, but because of the power, Focus Punch can replace it. Fire Blast for Skarmory and Forretress, and Ice Beam for Gliscor and Hippowodon. The last move slot depends on what whether you choose Brick Break or Focus Punch; use Brick Break with Softboiled, and Focus Punch with Substitute.
:P

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
96, you did a nice job with this. a bit easier than the first one imo.

Blissey (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Attract
- Flash
- Last Resort
- Rest

cold world bitches

Well, I guess it's what I'd earn if this was somehow a school exam. :p

My Blissey set was Trick/Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Transform because I'm that original.

man you guys are ridiculous

i dunno if you guys do it by looking or not, i tried to answer everything only from my head, got a 84% i think.

questions i got wrong:

the pikachu story: bah i thought donphan because i didnt read it correctly. i also thought donphan had base 580 total, not only 500.

the other one iirc was the tropius one and the defensive expectancy one. oh well:

SpeedBliss @ Wide Lens
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Rock Tomb
- Icy Wind
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

rock tomb and icy wind have great coverage, lower the switch ins speed, it may take 2 icy winds / rock tombs, then sub as they switch out and focus blast. dont miss with wide lens eh?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

80% pretty decent.

My deadly sweeping Blissey set, a Sunkern will be hard presses to battle this:
SDBlissey@Life Orb
4HP/252Atk/252Spd
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
-Superpower
-Double-Edge
EDIT:looks like the certificate isnt coming out, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
88% + pending, so 92%

BoomBliss @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Explosion
~ Belly Drum
~ Recover

Only 10 questions, but should prove a challenge to most casual LC players (Vader got 60%). BTW, don't use sites/shoddy/calcs for this one please. Its intended to test your knowledge not ability to use a damage calc or look stuff up. Redoing it after seeing the answers is also kinda lame, but more excusable.

If this could be added to the OP it would be great. Max score is 90%, share answers to last question if you like.
I got 0%.
Feels good man.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Maybe I should make one that's more easy next time for people who are new to LC.. The highest first time score was 70% (A surprise by GK!) with 50% as average.

Q 9 seems to be catching a lot of people out (9% success rate >_>), I may split it into two questions.

Edit: Decided against changing it, its not even that hard if you like memorising useless facts. heh, 6% success rate now >_>

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got 88.89%, had no idea about the Dragonite one on Natures Quiz

EDIT:why wont my stupid laptop show the certificates, argh!

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Since I hadnt already done it, I did the first one as well, got 80%(80% in both...yay), no point putting up the certificate as it doesnt seem to be working.

EspyJoel

Espy <3

Even though have no idea about Little Cup, thought i'd do it anyway, I got 20% woo, i'm just happy to get some right :)

80% for me. Though I did mes up on 2 questions due to spelling. Would get a screen shot up, but I don't know how. =P

My Blissey Set is Rollout/Softboiled/Defense Curl/Water Pulse. Fat-Ass Bould Bliss FTW!

I took Eric's LC quiz and I got a 60%! Though it should be 70%. I said Electrode instead of Voltorb for one question, though. And I have never played LC!

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus

You messed up on the Abra question, the first EVs only has 504.

Oracle Blissey @ Mental Herb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
~ Future Sight
~ Doom Desire
~ Destiny Bond
~ Foresight

Couldn't think of a good item. Oh, and also, the Blissey on the example set on the test had Roost, so I'm allowed to do this. :3

I did pretty crappily, though. 72% with no outside resources.

The first time I took the test, my internet d/ced about halfway through the test, so I only got 8/25 the first time. >.>

2nd time I got this:

Here's my awesome Bliss set!
Eternal Bliss
Blissey @ Leftovers-Bold
252 Def/180 Sp Def/76 Hp
~Cosmic Power
~Seismic Toss
~Softboiled
~Substitute

To use this set effectively you need to bring it in on any special attacker who does squat damage to you, then throw up a sub. As you see their Blissey counter, you either get in a hit with Seismic Toss, heal with Softboiled, or CP and slowly get your way to +6 defenses!

Is it me, or was the first question in the Smogon Exam wrong? I thought it was Rock, not Fighting, that hit 5 types SE.

Also, I got 8 (9 counting the last question) out of 11 on Eric's LC quiz, which surprised me as I don't even play LC. I got the last two questions wrong, ha

My set was:

Electrode @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
~Gyro Ball
~Explosion
~Self Destruct
~Return

Wait did we have to use Blissey?

Seems to me that Softboiled/Wish is a better redundancy than Double Team/Minimize (drop Double Team because it has less PP than Minimize). But without Leftovers, especially if you have Hail running, you will eat through Softboiled's PP too quickly. Toxic is probably better than Mud Slap as well, to hit levitating/flying Pokemon, particularly those immune to Hail. Yes, the ability to lower something's accuracy to 10% is tempting (to .3333 from Evasion, then to .1111 from -6 Accuracy, then shave off another 10% of that to .1 using BrightPowder), but if they have more than one Pokemon left they can simply switch out of the Mud Slaps, eliminating the accuracy reduction. If you must have an accuracy reducer, use Flash, which has twice the PP.
I'm pretty sure that it was tested that accuracy and evasion levels are added before accuracy is calculated so accuracy does not go below 1/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)