4th Gen Smogon "Exams" #2 (Redux)

What did you get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't do too bad =/

The one question i couldn't get was the one about, which type hits the most of those pokemon super effectively. The first time i took this, i didn't know the blissey moveset had to be legal. Anyways heres my set,

Crime Stopper Blissey

Blissey @ Expert Belt
4 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
  • Fly
  • Superpower
  • Protect
  • Extremespeed

I got 76%, mostly because I misread #23 as 'A combination of Fighting and Dark is only resisted by which Pokemon in OU?' and I put Breloom instead of Heracross anyway so I would have been wrong no matter what. I also fucked up on #24 as I forgot what type Croagunk was. :/

I did get #10, 14, 16 and 20 right, which apparently were the harder ones based on the percentages. Fun quiz! :)

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I got 13 out of 25 right without using any guide whatsoever.

See, I'm not a Poke-nerd but I still get a pass even without any consultation.

EDIT: I'm sure that TWO Pokemon resist Dark and Fighting: Toxicroak and Heracross. Since both are in OU, I should have gotten 14 out of 25 lol.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a doubt on that question(#23) - isn't the answer 2? Toxicroak and Heracross both resist that combo.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think Toxicroak's UU, not OU, I think that's why the answer was 1.

That was pretty hard. After 45 minutes of nervous button pressing and quadruple checking, I got this on my first attempt. I almost put the name of the Heracross instead of one or 1 for the OU question, but I got it on my third check.

Epic test. For me at least.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think Toxicroak's UU, not OU, I think that's why the answer was 1.
It doesn't matter; Toxicroak is legal in Standard play and hence it's in OU.

"Toxicroak is OU" and "Toxicroak is in OU" are different. The first is false, the second is true.

Diana

"Toxicroak is OU" and "Toxicroak is in OU" are different. The first is false, the second is true.
See, my view on it is "Toxicroak is legal in OU" and "Toxicroak is in OU" are different. But what do I know.

I agree that it could have been worded better since it could be taken both ways though.

Edit: lol actually, if X-act's definition is right, wouldn't the answer be 3? Croagunk's legal in standard play too.

Diana

Okay, I got 92% because I'm an idiot and used IVs for a 221 Attack Spinda and not 222...

Oh well, my Blissey set isn't totally crazy, but it's more like "lol top 4"

Blissey @ Expert Belt
252 Def/252 SpA/4 SpD

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
HP Ground

Gyarados/Scizor/Salamence/Heatran. Nothing special.

First things first: updated top scorers. If you're not on there it means I can't see your certificate :/
Also updated with the latest score graph. Question data graph to come. I didn't make these, the website did.

Blissey @
Oracle Blissey @ Mental Herb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
~ Future Sight
~ Doom Desire
~ Destiny Bond
~ Foresight

Couldn't think of a good item. Oh, and also, the Blissey on the example set on the test had Roost, so I'm allowed to do this. :3

I did pretty crappily, though. 72% with no outside resources.
Lol, I laughed.

I still have no idea where this "defensive potential" stuff comes from.

This quiz was definitely a lot better than the last one. The only mistake I saw was asking the test taker to identify the type that hits the majority of Pokemon in the picture for SE damage. A majority is over 50%, and only 4/9 were hit for SE damage by the correct type. The question is still answerable, but I wasted a few minutes double checking myself on that one.

FakeEmOutBliss @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power: Normal (60 base power)
- Nasty Plot
Defensive Potential is actually Hp * Defense, stolen from the Shuckle analysis >.> Thank you for the minor praise!

This was a better test than the other one, i liked it =)
I didn't do too bad =/

The one question i couldn't get was the one about, which type hits the most of those pokemon super effectively. The first time i took this, i didn't know the blissey moveset had to be legal. Anyways heres my set,

Crime Stopper Blissey

Blissey @ Expert Belt
4 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
  • Fly
  • Superpower
  • Protect
  • Extremespeed
Not bad at all, and I laughed at the Crime Stopper Bliss :>

I have a doubt on that question(#23) - isn't the answer 2? Toxicroak and Heracross both resist that combo.

I edited the question and made the answer 2/two instead of 1/one.
I also edited question #24 to make it more understandable.

Thanks for the comments and PMs guys and keep it up!

Also, for the statistically inclined:

Figure 1 Describes the scores that users obtain.

Figure 1 Describes the percentage that users get a certain question correct.

For me, I found out the defensive potential thing by just taking whatever number was provided and dividing the larger number by that. That usually gave a number in the 2 or 3 hundreds so I knew that it had something to do with hp or defense.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

For the life of me I couldn't figure out the Psychic/Dark one. Yeah, it's humiliating, I know.

Baton Pass Reciever(under gravity and Trick room)
Blissey@life orb
252 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spe
Quiet nature
-Focus Blast
-Return
-Softboiled
-Shadow Ball

<p>Mixed baton pass reciever. At +6, Blissey is capable of OHKOing the standard Kakuna 100% of the time with Return. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast come off Blissey's powerful 75 SpAtk, and provide perfect coverage.</p>

<p>This set works best while Gravity and Trick Room are in play. Jirachi can set up both, and is an excellent partner for Blissey.</p>

I missed the fighting and dark combo question

My blissey set was

Blissey @ Lagging tail
Bold | 252 hp, 252 def , 4spD
Trick
Charm
LightScreen
Softboiled

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For the second exam, got 64% without looking at any guides and stuff (Used pencil and paper for some involvine type weaknesses/resists). However I lost 16% purely through spelling errors (Shuca does not have 2 c's >_>, and offensive I should have C/Pd), so 80% would be a more fair score unless accurate spelling is intended to be part of the test.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
36.36% on eric's test. LOL!
The great thing is that your score is only 3% below the average of 39% (and I know quite a few people who did at least one retake which will have brought up the average). People really don't know much about LC.. that or I made the questions to hard but a few people (reyscarface, someone called iss988) seemed to have no problems at all first time.

Edit:
CBBliss, here you go. Can you add it please?

I'd like this thread to be dedicated to the official exams only. I'll link to your quiz but won't do anything else as the OP is getting too bulky already.

My spelling really let me down here(smergal lol). A fun test though. Maybe a bit harder next time, like an in-battle situation question.

B's aren't bad at all...

Blissey
NO ITEMS EVS OR IVS ARE NECESSARY
-Endure
-Endure
-Endure
-Endure

Good luck getting through that.

Set:

Blissey @ Wide Lens
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 DEF / 252 SPA / 6 SDEF
Modest Nature
~ Substitute
~ HP Fire
~ Focus Blast
~ Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

Kills Scizor / Tyranitar / Salamence or Gyarados switch ins, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)