Gen 2 RMT "Very Simple Here"

I'm trying to make a very simple here. Focusing the team on Bellylax and using PAR status to support him.

Rhydon (M) @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Zap Cannon

Very simple subscannon. Subs will make easy to predict a water and try to paralyz, the other moves are standard to hit hard.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
- Body Slam
- Growl
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

The beller. Stops cursers and non set-up sweepers. Helps the team with heal bell and can do the turbo drumming with Bellylax.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest

Classic Bellylax, I will try to put him on the battle only in the last option. Hiding the lax is the point here.

Zapdos @ Magnet
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

Like Ace said, I will try the Zapdos + Exeggy. Magnetzapdos to cause more damage.

Starmie @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

The spinner and water-stab. Fast and strong, Starmie can cause a lot of troubles in the end of the game.

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore

And here is the other suggestion from Ace. Double powder to help me parlyz and put one to sleep.

This is my first team on Smogon, so, be gently plis. ;D

First of all, why does Dragonite have both Thunder and Thunder Wave? IMO you should pick one or the other. Second of all, that Dragonite gets walled by the likes of Exeggutor and Zapdos which isn't good. Consider using Ice Beam or Hidden Power Flying over one of your electric attacks. You also have no true counter to Marowak which really hurts because Starmie can't keep switching on STABed Earthquakes forever. For this reason consider using something like Meganium or Exeggutor over Dragonite and Swap Raikou for Zapdos so you're not totally destoryed by Heracross. You could also try Skarmory over Dragonite and leave Raikou alone if you're that kind of person.

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
First of all, why does Dragonite have both Thunder and Thunder Wave? IMO you should pick one or the other.
Borat argued about this in another topic. Thunder has only 21% true chance (if i'm not mistaken bout the number) of paralisis, becouse you need to consider the miss chance. If your strategy is to paralise things, you can use both Thunder Wave and Thunder on the moveset. Thunder is used because of the power, not (just) the paralisis chance.

Note: i'm not saying that you should use both on this team, just saying Thunder and Thunder Wave aren't always redundant.

Your PAR support is a grand total of 1 guaranteed Para.

Recommend you shuffle Cursegon in over Rhydon, it's not like you have no counters to Zapdos/Jolteon anyway.

Serious recommendation that you watch out for Joltwak, it could do a pretty artful job of fucking up your Christmas if you can't block it.

Borat argued about this in another topic. Thunder has only 21% true chance (if i'm not mistaken bout the number) of paralisis, becouse you need to consider the miss chance. If your strategy is to paralise things, you can use both Thunder Wave and Thunder on the moveset. Thunder is used because of the power, not (just) the paralisis chance.

Note: i'm not saying that you should use both on this team, just saying Thunder and Thunder Wave aren't always redundant.
It's not like Dragonite suffers from lack of moves. I'm just saying that Dragonite has better moves to use over Thunder or Thunder wave.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With Miltank and no reliable way of dispatching ghosts, Misdreavus would be a menace. I suggest Roar on Substitute, unless you really need the ease in prediction provided by Substitute. I'll warn you that Misdreavus can possibly bring down 2 pokemon with relative ease, as long as Miltank is alive to provide it easy switch-ins.

Also, Zapdos NEEDS Leftovers if it wants to survive through the assaults of STAB move from Snorlax, Electabuzz, Raikou, and even other Zapdoses, as well as SE moves from Gengar and Nidoking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)