CAP 9 CAP 9 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Here is my contribution (a bit got cut out while scanning)

Feedback appreciated (:

The idea is that that gem in the middle of the body has taken over him (hence the dark veins) for the Dark type. I got the idea of the face from a Tazzy Devil.

What better representation of ground than a burrowing rodent? :>

Any feedback would be appreciated.

^__________^

So for I'm liking Atyroki's thorny devil, nardd's Anubismon, and skymin flower's possesed carnivore. I'll have a design or two posted here by the end of the day.

@Rad3n, it's cute, but somehow it reminds me of Raticate.

Right now, I think the best are the Thorny Devil and the Tanzanian Devil.

Like most people said,The thorny and tasmanian devils are great.And im looking forward to see some completed designs(the ant-eater tank in pacticular)

I have three works right now.

1.- The Quicksand. Yeah, sand... killer sand. What can be more Dark/Ground than this?

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2/cap9quicksandcopia.jpg

2.- The Ventriloquist. Its looks is very Dark, but less Ground in my opinion.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/042/d/4/Twiloquist_by_TheBlueFlames.png

3.-The Armadillo. Armadillos are desertic animals that go out only at night, to avoid hight tempetures. So, its nocturnal (Dark) and its desertic (Ground).

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs50/i/2009/276/f/6/Armadillo_Fakemon_by_TheBlueFlames.jpg

Thanks for watching. Please, tell me what do you think about this capmons.
Truly excellent submissions, would like to see CaP 9 as one of these.

Okay, we got some neat looking Wolverines/Devils going on here, but what about the Thorny Devil?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2510/cap9.png

A lizard that lives in the desert, despite its appearance, the thorny devil is actually quite timid.

Not the finished version, but I really like it so far.
Atyroki. <3

This is almost exactly how I imagined it once I started thinking about what we should do once Dark/Ground won. My support is fully towards you at the moment. The only thing I would say needs be done are some coloring issues.

http://imgur.com/o08X8.jpg

SUPER ROUGH CONCEPT GO.

Yes, I know it looks nothing like a Pokemon yet and that the legs and face are fucked. I will fix these things and more if I go with this concept- that may well not even be the final pose. I have a second idea, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow. Comments on this one (keeping what I said in mind) are totally welcome. :V
I like it a lot. It seems a bit too like Tauros in body shape, at the moment, though. So maybe... Give it more "Ape-ish" characteristics? Hump the back a little more. Elongate the front limbs; shorten the back ones. Then with some dark coloring, it would be pretty awesome.

Heh, it looks like some of us are vibrating on similar wavelengths in regards to this type combination. I was going to do an ant-eater too, but with a vacuum cleaner theme instead of a tank.

Anyway, I ended up going with the fabled mockturtle as the base for this submission.

Lots of Pokemon are based on Japanese mythical creatures that have appeared in poems and stories and the like. I figured why not take a monster from an English writer whose contributions to Western imaginative lore have trickled down even to today.
The mockturtle always seemed pretty down in the dumps, so this Pokemon justifies its typing by being pretty sour itself. Not so much malevolent as much as a permeating bitterness that bums everyone else out too.

More art and animations to come.

The mockturtle design is a creature after my own heart. I grew up on tales such as Alice in Wonderland so seeing this pun get more use is great. It's also not the obvious route to go and since i'm a lover of bizarre and off the wall designs this very well be my favourite. No doubt this mockturtle is lamenting the fact that it is actually a ground type when it should wish to be a water type. Even if that wasn't intended it was quite funny for me.

The other design that caught my attention was atyroki's thorny devil. It's well made and very suitable to the overall concept.

I personally think that people obsess too much about things not looking [insert type] enough. It may well end up limiting the artist's imaginations if there's such an opposition to making variations from the norm. Does a dark type need to be black? Does a ground type need to have brown or burrow in sand? Think about it.

Heh, it looks like some of us are vibrating on similar wavelengths in regards to this type combination. I was going to do an ant-eater too, but with a vacuum cleaner theme instead of a tank.

Anyway, I ended up going with the fabled mockturtle as the base for this submission.

Lots of Pokemon are based on Japanese mythical creatures that have appeared in poems and stories and the like. I figured why not take a monster from an English writer whose contributions to Western imaginative lore have trickled down even to today.
The mockturtle always seemed pretty down in the dumps, so this Pokemon justifies its typing by being pretty sour itself. Not so much malevolent as much as a permeating bitterness that bums everyone else out too.

I really thought that the claw on the left hand looked abit weird,other than that its pretty good.

Okay, my favorite has officially changed; Mysteriousfellow, your art is awesome.

Anyway, I'm trying to make an entry, but my first turned out horribly. I'm trying to get a new idea.

That looks way more like a Poison-type for me than Ground. :/

I like the quick sand concept, but dont like the current draw, Calad...
For me, Revy + Muk + Dusknoir = Your quicksand buddy =P

Please people, it must remember the concept (stop the secondary) and not be an agressive fast desert demon, IMO. Anyway i would wait for the bias poll... it can change the decision of the mass (me included).

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Had a few concepts drawn out, but this was the one I liked the most. I combined common attributes from mammalian and reptilian body structures as I believe they both encapsulate the Dark and Ground types so well.

The end result is a Pokemon with well developed forelimbs for digging and clawing as well as powerful hindlimbs for quick movement and powerful kicks in a dire situation. Add some powerful jaws to top it off. :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/hyenard.png

The head had some hyena inspiration, but I tweaked it enough to look like its own beast. Those zig-zags are fur markings. When I get home from work later, I'm gonna clean and color it up, I already got a color scheme going for him.

EDIT: I just stumbled across this fella from CaP 4. Though it was originally intended to be a Poison/Dark type, I feel as though the general design could fit better with this CaP. Do you guys think I should revisit this concept and tweak this design?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/pestilence.png

Please people, it must remember the concept (stop the secondary) and not be an agressive fast desert demon, IMO. Anyway i would wait for the bias poll... it can change the decision of the mass (me included).
That's why my Coyotemon has a "shield", but I forgot to post pictures I drew of MeerkatMon stopping moves like Will-O-Wisp and Toxic Spikes.

KOA's Reptile + Mammal design is real good, nothing that need's to be "tweaked" IMO.

Cartoons turtle dude is well designed but I feel that the colors could use some work. That shade of purple doesn't go well with that shade of green IMO.

Ah yeah, I had made an alternative color because I wasn't sure about the green myself.

One thing I'd wanted to avoid though was getting too heavy with earth tones. We have plenty of ground Pokemon that come in green, blue, purple, and red, and dark Pokemon with barely any black on them at all. In trying to avoid the cliche though, I may have picked colors that didn't work as well together. Is this combination better?

KoA, I think It's best that you finish coloring the first design to make the choice between the two a lot easier. Coloring makes some difference all right.

And yeah - they're amazing, both of them.

I was sort of going along the route of "dark earth" sorta thing, as dark ground but I think it looks okay, not as bad as I thought it would be. Hope you guys like it, I may make some changes

Okay, well, here is a basic drawing of my design:

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/NikSD/Cap9.png?t=1254765260

I had made this general design a while ago, but I didn't want to enter it because it might have been too similar to the art submitted by others. I tried to do a different picture, though, which turned out horrible. Eventually, I decided to put up this. Any suggestions? Also, I did not rip off the designs of artists like KoA! I actually came up with this idea a long time ago (when Dark won the main type poll)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)