CAP 9 CAP 9 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently quite pleased by Calad's Armadillo, Aty's Thorny Devil and AB's Tasmanian Devil, along with Cyzir's Ant-Eater, which is a sketch at the moment.

Keep it up.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Whee, an ant-eater tank pokemon. I got a few more ideas, but this one inspired me instantly, so I decided to draw it immediately.
EDIT: How did SgtWoodsy beat me from posting my own design halp ?_?

Whee, an ant-eater tank pokemon. I got a few more ideas, but this one inspired me instantly, so I decided to draw it immediately.

Good drawing, but I can't really see the ground part from your sketch. Also, it seems unlikely that the " stop the secondary" part will end up as a tankin pokemon. Good start though.

Wow this is so far my favorite design. For I guess a suggestion :naughty: I might think something that goes along the line of underground devil or something could be kewl

Wow, I really like that ant-eater. Like a lot.

I'll probably start playing around with concepts tomorrow :]

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Nice my favorite part yeah!!

Got a few ideas bouncing around at the moment, though I'm already liking the pool of entries so far. :)

Seeing some cool stuff so far

Mine started off as an Aardvark but the long snout ended up looking retarded so whatever

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Who knows, once it is colored it may look more like a Dark-type. Imagine Umbreon. Without the mostly-black color scheme, it probably wouldn't look like a Dark-type either.

I think my favourites so far are the Anteater, the Armadillo, The Quicksand and the Thorny Devil.

I just unintentionally listed them alphabetically... hm...

By the way, is the art decided after the stats, ability etc? Because some of those things would most likely have an impact on what the pokemon would look like.

Anubismon? Just throwing it out there to see if it's worth going for or if anyone has suggestions.

Who knows, once it is colored it may look more like a Dark-type. Imagine Umbreon. Without the mostly-black color scheme, it probably wouldn't look like a Dark-type either.
Actually, thats a good point, and once Agaki's thing is colored, it will look really cool. I like it a lot. :p

SUPER ROUGH CONCEPT GO.

Yes, I know it looks nothing like a Pokemon yet and that the legs and face are fucked. I will fix these things and more if I go with this concept- that may well not even be the final pose. I have a second idea, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow. Comments on this one (keeping what I said in mind) are totally welcome. :V

Two designs stand out for me so far:

Aragornbird's Tasmanian Devil design looks cool, although it'd look better more hunchbacked and leering forward, and perhaps some color (Red and Gray, maybe?)

Atryoki's Thorny Devil is also a cool design, but the legs look kind of weird and stumpy.

But cool stuff so far! I'm not much of an artist, but I'm excited to see what everybody comes up with. I might even try my hand at it, too, if I can come up with something good in time.

all of the submissions could work but I like the thorny devil the most. the tassie looks like ursaring's evil twin, I like it

The thorny devil looks the most like this CAP, and it fits the concept more, imo. The colours need a little bit of work, but it's not the finished product yet.

I think the thorny devil and the ventriloquist are standing out the most to me. It's just a matter of making the ventriloquist seem a tad Ground, because it doesn't fit that typing whatsoever.

The wolverines and such are nice, but I can't really see them fitting the concept too well.

Nietzsche's crawled directly out of my nightmares. I like the idea of the Tasmanian Devil, but it might be difficult to incorporate the ground aspect into that design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)