Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I haven't read through this whole thread, only the OP, so excuse me if this has been asked on beforehand.

For hatching a Shiny Pokémon, I have to catch a Pokémon around level 50. But what if I catch a Pokémon at level, say, 20 and check the IVs via the IV check code (to get the exact IVs), would I have the same results?

Zowayix: For 3rd gen, it involves letting the RNG advance on fast-forward (because it can take months to get to a certain frame normally), and using savestates to pause it at certain points because you don't want to start all over again.

For 4th gen, savestates give you the benefit of not having to hit the same seed over and over again if you screw up advancing the frames.
Thanks for 3rd gen info. Do you know the RAM address where I can find the current seed?

In 4th gen, I'm trying to RNG abuse something in a regular playthrough, before I get the Coin Flip or Happiness Checker apps.

How can I find my seed and current frames using RAM addresses? Is it possible to RNG abuse wild Pokemon without Sweet Scent?

@E-Boy: Yes, just make sure that you enter it into the seed finder's tab that asks for the IVs. And make sure you have the right time. After it gives you the seed, just continue like you normally would.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for 3rd gen info. Do you know the RAM address where I can find the current seed?

In 4th gen, I'm trying to RNG abuse something in a regular playthrough, before I get the Coin Flip or Happiness Checker apps.

How can I find my seed and current frames using RAM addresses? Is it possible to RNG abuse wild Pokemon without Sweet Scent?
I don't know the memory locations of those two. It would be really cool if you had a breakpoint set whenever the RNG number = x or whatever, but until you find someone who does, you could do it the old-fashioned way and check IVs.

I wouldn't recommend going for wild Pokemon without Sweet Scent.

Hey everyone!

This is my first time using Emloop on Platinum and I need some help checking if I did the math right. I'm using Syberia's Method.

-My Target Delay is 1458 and I put it into the box and clicked the button to convert it into seconds.
-I come up with 24.3 and take off the .3 and add it to the pre-reset time box.
-So far Seconds is 24 and Pre-Reset Time is 60.3.
-Then I found a suitable time of 2008/12/31 00:06:24
-After that I set my clock to 00:05:00 and SR.

When I get into the game and check my flips I can never get them right. Then I search my flips by the button on seed to times, but they always say no seed found. I even put a range of 40 + - and a seconds range of
2 + -. Also I can't catch a wild pokemon and find my delay because it always says something about wrong time or date (or RNG reporter can't report delays higher than 1000).

Please help me find out what's wrong.

Thanks, I Love Cookies

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone!

This is my first time using Emloop on Platinum and I need some help checking if I did the math right. I'm using Syberia's Method.

-My Target Delay is 1458 and I put it into the box and clicked the button to convert it into seconds.
-I come up with 24.3 and take off the .3 and add it to the pre-reset time box.
-So far Seconds is 24 and Pre-Reset Time is 60.3.
-Then I found a suitable time of 2008/12/31 00:06:24
-After that I set my clock to 00:05:00 and SR.

When I get into the game and check my flips I can never get them right. Then I search my flips by the button on seed to times, but they always say no seed found. I even put a range of 40 + - and a seconds range of
2 + -. Also I can't catch a wild pokemon and find my delay because it always says something about wrong time or date (or RNG reporter can't report delays higher than 1000).

Please help me find out what's wrong.

Thanks, I Love Cookies
That's because if you put in a delay of 1000 into emloop, you will end up with a delay of about 640 on Platinum. You need to catch a Pokemon and put the IVs\nature into the Seed Finder, then you will know how much to compensate for.

Hey guys, this isn'treally an RNG abuse question but...
If I rapidly press the start/A button on my DSi for RNG abuse, will it break the buttons?
Cuz I thought the system is really fragile :/ Because of this doubt I've not been RNGing, seeing as my A button on my DS lite sucks, and I don't want to take chances and break my new DSi.

Hello ive read a few guides. To get your SID you can use your 'pure' shiny or with chained pokemon but some say you need at least 4-7 chained or just 4-7. Can i get a clarification on this because I have chained 12 pokes from 3 or 4 different species and I would like to know if im still eligible. I am trying to breed a shiny.

Hello ive read a few guides. To get your SID you can use your 'pure' shiny or with chained pokemon but some say you need at least 4-7 chained or just 4-7. Can i get a clarification on this because I have chained 12 pokes from 3 or 4 different species and I would like to know if im still eligible. I am trying to breed a shiny.
I think the only thing important would be the shiny part. I dont think the species doesnt matter too much.

Species shouldn't matter. As long as they're all from the same game, and you can get their IVs, you should be able to put the into the Chain to SID tab in the newer RNG Reporters and it will help determine your SID.

this is a small question, i want to abuse to catch for a sealeo, and when i find times in the time finder of the reporter, its says things in seconds, does that mean i must press continue at exactly that second??, if its lets say 12, and the time i take is 13 secs, so i need to SR at 59 seconds right??

this is a small question, i want to abuse to catch for a sealeo, and when i find times in the time finder of the reporter, its says things in seconds, does that mean i must press continue at exactly that second??, if its lets say 12, and the time i take is 13 secs, so i need to SR at 59 seconds right??
Yeah, you'll need to SR at 59 seconds on the previous minute.

They can only be found in the Great Marsh if you mean to capture, which has many NPCs so I'm unsure. Plus they can only be found when seen through the binoculars, so they're pretty hard to obtain. Of course you can always breed them.

Is Exeggcute RNG abusable in Platinum??
Yes but its akward. Your 1st issue is, its only available on some days in the great marsh. 2nd issue, you cannot save inside the marsh so you need to save outside and figure out how much to allow for NPC movements and steps advancements getting to your grass to sweet scent.

Then you just need to find the encounter slot of exeggcute, which I don't know if the marsh has been mapped out yet, I've started but I couldn't tell you where the daily pokemon fits in with 100% accuracy

Would doing this work in DPPt:

Play a game in an emulator, using RAM addresses to find the initial seed. Then plugging that seed into RNG Reporter, and seeing if anything noteworthy comes up.

If it works, how would I do the bolded part?

(From what I've read this also works in FR/LG, right?)

Hi!

I have found an encounter slot 7 spread for a ditto in the trophy garden. I also talked to him again so th Ditto will become to slot 7 (previous). But When I hit the correct Delay, there´s always the same Pichu. What do I do wrong?

Alright I don't know what I did wrong here, so maybe you could help me out.

I am trying for a No Guard Adamant Machoke on Route 226. I fought the NPC there with Vs. Seeker to prevent her movement, then I went down to the grass and saved. I calculated my RNG advances, so my initial frame was 882. Since sweet scented pokemon in grass have a frame of 2, I subtracted that. Then I noticed in this article it also advances the frame by 1 just for sweet scenting in grass(I think this may have been the problem, is it just 2 like the chart says or 3-what the chart + this article states?). I did my RNG advances, etc, then used Sweet Scent. I encountered a Machoke with No Guard and an Adamant nature, but the IVs were off. Could the bold part of this post be the problem?

Alright I don't know what I did wrong here, so maybe you could help me out.

I am trying for a No Guard Adamant Machoke on Route 226. I fought the NPC there with Vs. Seeker to prevent her movement, then I went down to the grass and saved. I calculated my RNG advances, so my initial frame was 882. Since sweet scented pokemon in grass have a frame of 2, I subtracted that. Then I noticed in this article it also advances the frame by 1 just for sweet scenting in grass(I think this may have been the problem, is it just 2 like the chart says or 3-what the chart + this article states?). I did my RNG advances, etc, then used Sweet Scent. I encountered a Machoke with No Guard and an Adamant nature, but the IVs were off. Could the bold part of this post be the problem?
No when Sweet Scenting in Grass just Subtract two because it advances it by two :)
And why Route 226? You could catch Machop in Mt.Coronet and theres no NPC's, just a suggestion :)
Also yes 882-2=880/2=440 Flips

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)