Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Walking is inconsistent in this game. It does have random advances for some reason. I tried to use walking to abuse my Entei while saved right before battling Lance and I somehow hit a frame 14 higher than my target. The best way to advance is call Elm or use the radio, bottom right is the most consistent.

EDIT: What is the starting frame for Kyogre? Please respond soon, as I only have a short amount of time before the radio changes and I'll have to wait another hour.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Walking is inconsistent in this game. It does have random advances for some reason. I tried to use walking to abuse my Entei while saved right before battling Lance and I somehow hit a frame 14 higher than my target. The best way to advance is call Elm or use the radio, bottom right is the most consistent.

EDIT: What is the starting frame for Kyogre? Please respond soon, as I only have a short amount of time before the radio changes and I'll have to wait another hour.
its 1 like most other method Ks if not all of them

Really, this thing hates me.
I'm still resetting for that demon horsea and I keep landing on frame 1 for some ninja power reason! YES! I do 13 flips that are supposed to advance it (Caught MAGIKARP (Night) and Caught MAGIKARP (Evening). WTF is wrong! Besides, I land on extremely weird seconds. I can clearly observe on the clock that I start around second 14, but this bunch of bullshit tells me I'm on second 10!
Sorry about that, but I'm frustrated like hell. Please don't ignore my post DX .-.

andrea

/me cresselias
Really, this thing hates me.
I'm still resetting for that demon horsea and I keep landing on frame 1 for some ninja power reason! YES! I do 13 flips that are supposed to advance it (Caught MAGIKARP (Night) and Caught MAGIKARP (Evening). WTF is wrong! Besides, I land on extremely weird seconds. I can clearly observe on the clock that I start around second 14, but this bunch of bullshit tells me I'm on second 10!
Sorry about that, but I'm frustrated like hell. Please don't ignore my post DX .-.
Hahaha I know exactly what you're doing. I did this a couple weeks ago. When you generate your adjacent results, I'm assuming you are generating mulitple frames, ranging from frame 1 to ___ (however high you generated). If you look at the coin flip results, when you land on a seed, all the coin flip results are the same for a seed. You won't know what frame you are on. It just automatically uses the lowest frame as your search result. So basically just make sure that you are on the correct delay etc and go hatch your egg to see what frame you got when you hatched the egg.

Hahaha I know exactly what you're doing. I did this a couple weeks ago. When you generate your adjacent results, I'm assuming you are generating mulitple frames, ranging from frame 1 to ___ (however high you generated). If you look at the coin flip results, when you land on a seed, all the coin flip results are the same for a seed. You won't know what frame you are on. It just automatically uses the lowest frame as your search result. So basically just make sure that you are on the correct delay etc and go hatch your egg to see what frame you got when you hatched the egg.
*facepalm*
XD
Thanks a lot. Now I see that :P But if I don't have access to codes such as fast hatch or IV Check will it simply become a horrible pain to RNG for eggs? D:
EDIT: But I still land on stupid delays. E.g, I just entered 499 which doesn't make much sense. Besides, My seconds are always weird. I have calibrated before and everything yet I get 5 seconds difference most of the time, while if I look at the clock I do click A around second 14 :P

andrea

/me cresselias
*facepalm*
XD
Thanks a lot. Now I see that :P But if I don't have access to codes such as fast hatch or IV Check will it simply become a horrible pain to RNG for eggs? D:
Nope. It doesn't take too long to hatch an egg if you've got a Flame Body poke with you. As for checking IVs, you'll probably need to rare candy it up a few levels just to make sure you got it right! Don't worry, there isn't too much trial and error with hatching eggs. Since you've already verified the frame that it is on, more than likely you will get that once you finally hit your seed.

EDIT: Re-check your DS date to be positive you are at the right time. Another thing is to make sure you use a 24 hour time clock etc etc... Are you sure you're changing your time and SRing your game right when you need to? I give myself thirty seconds between changing the DS time and starting my game up and I constantly hit 46 seconds when I enter the game. 30 seconds before starting the game, and 16 seconds to get into the game world.

@domk275: it is blacklistable, that's all there is to it. There are some actions that we at Smogon consider over the line. I, myself, think that if you do it for one spread, because you don't want to start a new game, you will do it whenever you want to catch a different poke. I find it unfair with all the folks who DID go thru the trouble of starting a new game just to have nicer shiny spreads. So yeah, don't want to start a new game? Stick to the ID/SID you got randomly when you started the game. Will not do it, and rather hack your ID/SID? Don't complain if you are blacklisted later. I'm no moderator myself, but I would certainly try to get anyone who hacked his ID/SID to be blacklisted, because I didn't need to do that, and I won't be confortable with anyone who can get any shiny spread they want just being able to trade here and "steal" trades from other, honest traders.
Why? If they clearly stated it in the trade thread, how on earth does it affect you in the slightest?

If I pokésav'd my ID/SID to make the Bold flawless HP Electric 70 spread shiny, and got myself a shiny Suicune out of it, and cleary stated that I'd done so, then if someone wants it, what does it matter how I got it? YOU might not like trade for a Suicune that has been made shiny through ID/SID hacking, but if someone else does, then why should you be allowed to force your opinions onto them?

And the thing about "honest" traders is also crap. There is nothing dishonest about using AR, so long as you admit to doing so, and detail exactly how it was used.

Again, just because you personally disagree with hacking an ID/SID, that doesn't give you the right to force everyone else to do the same. That, my friend, is called fascism.

Nope. It doesn't take too long to hatch an egg if you've got a Flame Body poke with you. As for checking IVs, you'll probably need to rare candy it up a few levels just to make sure you got it right! Don't worry, there isn't too much trial and error with hatching eggs. Since you've already verified the frame that it is on, more than likely you will get that once you finally hit your seed.

EDIT: Are you sure you're changing your time and SRing your game right when you need to? I give myself thirty seconds between changing the DS time and starting my game up and I constantly hit 46 seconds when I enter the game world. 30 seconds before starting the game, and 16 seconds to get into the game world.
Yeah, I'm just lazy. XP
I guess I'll reverify my frame then :P.

And this is what I do: I have a clock. When the clock reaches a new minute I set the date (12:59 since my target frame is 13:00:14). I then shut the DS and go through the intro and simply SR when it reaches another minute...... It has worked with my previous catches and hatch...
I'm sorry if I don't explain myself very well.

andrea

/me cresselias
Yeah, I'm just lazy. XP
I guess I'll reverify my frame then :P.

And this is what I do: I have a clock. When the clock reaches a new minute I set the date (12:59 since my target frame is 13:00:14). I then shut the DS and go through the intro and simply SR when it reaches another minute...... It has worked with my previous catches and hatch...
I'm sorry if I don't explain myself very well.
Well, the procedure seems right. I don't think you need to reverify your frame. You've got that down to the wire. Checking it again won't make a difference...

So, I am trying to hit a target frame of 3 for catching Lugia, which starts on frame 1. So if i take 128 steps with 2 Pokemon in my team that should do it? Does turning also count towards the RNG or number of steps? I'm surfing on the water around Lugia, which I'm sure does not have any wild Pokemon...

Yeah, you can do that. I personal suggest using the bottom right radio and detune it twice as long as Buena's password isn't on. Walking isn't consistent in HG/SS, but if you can't use the detunes the walking should be fine. And turning won't advance the frame extra.

Okay need a fast answer.

Initial Seed:a4160986
0: Evolution~ a4160986
1: Kanto~ f7ed4281
2: Kanto~ b0eff60 - Raikou Advancement
3: Kanto~ 2b725c53 - Entei Advancement
4: PKRS~ d304f9ca
5: PKRS~ d9764775
6: PKRS~ 9aa07344
7: PKRS~ 24082c67
8: Evolution~ 53acaa4e

I have spreads on 2,4,6,8.

Using Rommsters Method, my starting frame is 4?
If Ho-oh is frame 1, does that mean when I fight Ho-oh I'm on frame 5?
Therefore I need to advance my spread by 1?
Thanks

They will advance by 1 most of the time, but you'll need to check with the seed verifier to make sure that it stays true. And yes, they do re-generate after you beat the Elite 4.

@Destiny: With those 2 out, you add 2 to your starting frame (1), so you're currently at 3. Just advance by 1, 3, or 5 and you should be on the right frame :)

Reposting: Does anybody know the frame/method of palkia in HGSS?
Probably Method 1 like many gift pokemon.

Guys I'm trying to abuse for a starter in Soul Silver and no matter what I won't hit my seed. It's such an easy delay and still...
I wonder: Is it even worth it?
Who of you abused his starter on his/her Retail Cart?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay need a fast answer.

Initial Seed:a4160986
0: Evolution~ a4160986
1: Kanto~ f7ed4281
2: Kanto~ b0eff60 - Raikou Advancement
3: Kanto~ 2b725c53 - Entei Advancement
4: PKRS~ d304f9ca
5: PKRS~ d9764775
6: PKRS~ 9aa07344
7: PKRS~ 24082c67
8: Evolution~ 53acaa4e

I have spreads on 2,4,6,8.

Using Rommsters Method, my starting frame is 4?
If Ho-oh is frame 1, does that mean when I fight Ho-oh I'm on frame 5?
Therefore I need to advance my spread by 1?
Thanks
I can't say I agree with COKTAL. Your starting frame is the one after it says Entei Advancement.

What options did you choose on the screen? Because I entered the same seed and got a different output. Namely, "Raikou Advancement" showed up on frame 1, not frame 2.

I can't say I agree with COKTAL. Your starting frame is the one after it says Entei Advancement.

What options did you choose on the screen? Because I entered the same seed and got a different output. Namely, "Raikou Advancement" showed up on frame 1, not frame 2.
He probably entered the Route 44 at Raikou as this is Raikous Route at Roamer Method.
This pushes the Advancement of the Roamers one frame up.

Destiny100 if you keep messing up please try letting the Routes out.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He probably entered the Route 44 at Raikou as this is Raikous Route at Roamer Method.
This pushes the Advancement of the Roamers one frame up.

Destiny100 if you keep messing up please try letting the Routes out.
Whoa, there. Explain this Route 44 thing to me. Especially when the program tells me for that initial seed is starts on Route 45. I tried entering that and it said it started on frame 3.

Also I have to point out frame 0 doesn't exist, and the Japanese don't consider our frame 1 as their frame 0. Even if the program may have been misleading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)