Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If I open the journal having caught/defeated pokemon on the first page, does that advance the frame by 2?
Yes it will advance the frame by 2 if you open it and the first page says "caught or defeated ____"
Nope, just the 1, but go between two conescutive pages and you can advance by 1.

But, don't take my word for it, go through the guides for more info.
....?
I dont really understand your post but no journal page advances by 1...
Its either 2 (which would have to have the caught or defeated message)
Or no advancement at all

EDIT:
The Guide said:
Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2 seeds. There are a number of formats for the caught Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG.

What is Rayquaza's delay frame emerald? I"m trying to get to this frame 66094 Adamant-5/31/24/31/29/27 with a total time of 18.21.56, but I'm confused as to when the RNG sets the frame the moment after the darkness completely sets in or when It's cry is finished. I've heard some say it's one or the other. Can someone help me please. A time calculation would be appreciated as well.

Could someone explain to me how to RNG abuse with the Pokeradar, I remember LightningFusion was working on it and I believe he cracked it but I forget what you have to do to accomplish it so thanks if you can help.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
thanks. but im really not getting the encounter slots >.>

I'm RNGing a modest horsea in platinum on route 226, my spread is 31/31/31/31/31/31, the Seed is: 52140289, and the encounter slots of this spread are

Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave): 6
Sweet Scent (Water): 1
Fishing (old rod): 1
Fishing (good/super rod): 1

the encounter table of route 226 says:

good-rod:

0 Magikarp

1 Horsea

2 Magikarp

3 Horsea

4 Horsea

I 've setted the year to 2048 to reach my delay (601) but once I do my advancement and fish with the good rod, I get a shiny Magikarp lol
Shouldn't it be horsea? since the encounter slot is 1 and 1 is horsea
anyone can help please?

Do 1-2 battles change your EVs enough that you can't calculate your SID? I caught a RE shiny Raticate at level 30 about a week ago in HG (first shiny ever WOOT!) and found out about RNG Abuse a few days later (not that it's practical in HG anyawy, but still) and had had my Raticate defeat 1-2 wild Pokemon since then (just to see the sparkles) and then put it in my box... since it didn't level up and it's not level 100, would that have changed its stats at all, or would I be good? I could use all 6 EV-reducing berries just in case... it'd just be simplier if I didn't have to.

Do 1-2 battles change your EVs enough that you can't calculate your SID? I caught a RE shiny Raticate at level 30 about a week ago in HG (first shiny ever WOOT!) and found out about RNG Abuse a few days later (not that it's practical in HG anyawy, but still) and had had my Raticate defeat 1-2 wild Pokemon since then (just to see the sparkles) and then put it in my box... since it didn't level up and it's not level 100, would that have changed its stats at all, or would I be good? I could use all 6 EV-reducing berries just in case... it'd just be simplier if I didn't have to.
If it got less than 4 EVs it won't change anything. Even if it did, you can probably work out what EVs it did get without having to use a berry. Try using metalkid's IV calculator ro work out its IVs, and if you get an "Impossible" reading for an IV you can probably assume it got 4 EVs in that stat and input them.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although I know this thread is dedicated to 3rd gen and 4th gen more than older gens, but I'd like to know where I can find information on 1st gen/2nd gen RNG abuse.
The best info you'll get are these Red\Blue memory addresses:

"FF04: I/O address used by the RNG for entropy. FFD3: RNG byte. Controls type of Pokémon in an encounter, and damage during battle. FFD4: RNG byte. Controls Pokémon encounter events, and critical hits."

Taken from here. TASvideos is probably your best bet, TAS (tool-assisted speedruns) rely on luck manipulation to score critical hits on every move, get every opponent's attack to miss, etc.

does putting pokemon into the daycare advance the RNG? does having a parent holding an everstone affect IVs if you were unable to find a spread for a particular nature?

Question about RNG Advancement in SS
1. In an area of no wild pokemon, does Sweet scenting in the water advance the frame by 2?

2. I read that walking doesnt advance the frame consistently, does turning in a direction consistent or non-consistent.

3. Any help hint about how to advance the frame of lugia that frame is between 1-599?

About Platinum
For the regis, should I try to rng before I step on the tile in the caves?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
does putting pokemon into the daycare advance the RNG? does having a parent holding an everstone affect IVs if you were unable to find a spread for a particular nature?
1) No.

2) Rephrase your question so it makes sense. No, the Everstone does not affect IVs, but why would you be "unable to find a spread for a particular nature"?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Question about RNG Advancement in SS
1. In an area of no wild pokemon, does Sweet scenting in the water advance the frame by 2? not sure but I would venture to say no although someone else should confirm this

2. I read that walking doesnt advance the frame consistently, does turning in a direction consistent or non-consistent. walking in a area with wild pokemon doesn't advance frames consistently the same goes for turning in an area with wild pokemon

3. Any help hint about how to advance the frame of lugia that frame is between 1-599? well you can use the radio (explained on the first page of this thread the second post), or walk 128 steps in an area without wild pokemon, that will advance frames by the number of pokemon in your party for every 128 steps, you can keep track with repels. And you can call professor elm since each time you call him you advance the frames by 1, although this will not work in the room that lugia is in but you can do it just outside of that room.

About Platinum
For the regis, should I try to rng before I step on the tile in the caves? After you step on the tiles since you can save after you step on them.

@DarkChaos: Walking is inconsistent no matter where you are. When I went to abuse my Entei, while standing right before battling Lance(entered the game there), I still missed my frame. I had 5 in my party and somehow hit 14 frames above, so I wouldn't try walking to advance. What you can do is save right before entering Lugia's room and sweet scent a few times to do alot of frame jumps quickly.

1) No.

2) Rephrase your question so it makes sense. No, the Everstone does not affect IVs, but why would you be "unable to find a spread for a particular nature"?
I'm trying to figure out how to RNG eggs in SoulSilver using the Breeding (HGSS) drop down menu on the main pane of RNGReporter. after entering my initial seed (hex) 33120203 and clicking generate, I found a nice spread on frame 15 of -HP:A ATK: 31 DEF: 25 SpA: 20 SpD:A SPD: A, which I wanted to use for a physical sweeper. would attaching an Everstone to my Jolly Ditto affect the IV spread here in any way and still have a 50% chance give me the Jolly nature?

or am I trying to egg breed all wrong?

I'm trying to figure out how to RNG eggs in SoulSilver using the Breeding (HGSS) drop down menu on the main pane of RNGReporter. after entering my initial seed (hex) 33120203 and clicking generate, I found a nice spread on frame 15 of -HP:A ATK: 31 DEF: 25 SpA: 20 SpD:A SPD: A, which I wanted to use for a physical sweeper. would attaching an Everstone to my Jolly Ditto affect the IV spread here in any way and still have a 50% chance give me the Jolly nature?

or am I trying to egg breed all wrong?
It's best to first RNG for the nature, then RNG for the IVs after the nature's been locked in.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@DarkChaos: Walking is inconsistent no matter where you are. When I went to abuse my Entei, while standing right before battling Lance(entered the game there), I still missed my frame. I had 5 in my party and somehow hit 14 frames above, so I wouldn't try walking to advance. What you can do is save right before entering Lugia's room and sweet scent a few times to do alot of frame jumps quickly.
has that happened to anyone else outside of the pokemon league to verify this?

Won't Sweet Scenting outside the cave cause a wild pkmn to appear, since wild pkmn are outside the cave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)