Smogon Premier League - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC

Old as dirt.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry guys. I lost 1-0.

I got some really awesome speed ties wins, but his freeze on zam with chansey sealed it.

Pokemon =)

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Beat JMC 1-0 in a game that went down to the wire.

Edit: To be fair, I was actually trying for that freeze :) Took 5 attempts to get it too!

I beat Nachos in perhaps the luckiest game that I've ever played. It never really got started. Good game I guess.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay, on the Phyres/Earthworm issue, here are the facts:

- EW asked Phyres before he went past the timer, Phyres said yes, which is why EW went past it. EW may not have gone past it had Phyres not agreed to it.

- However, what Phyres may not have expected was that EW would still continue taking a long time before moves.

- Phyres did not complain even once and just "quit".

Looking at these points, it seems both people are at fault at various parts. EW for taking undue advantage of Phyres' gracious attempt, Phyres for never saying a word and just quitting.

The best way to finish this would be if you guys could re-play the game from that position. I haven't seen the entire battle log, just the relevant parts, so would that be possible?

In case its not, we will declare a winner, however, I prefer we do it this way and let the game decide.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We decided to not be cut and dry with regards to the timer rule, because EW asked if he could time out BEFORE he timed out, and Phyres said "yes", which could be considered entrapment into breaking the rules.

In the future though: battle timeout isn't a rule that's there for shits and giggles, it is there for a reason. If you time out, you lose.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
P.S.: To all the posts I cut and my edit on Phyres's post about him winning, I'm sorry about that. I was told by someone (will remain anonymous) on my own team earlier that the official decision was for Phyres.

To the Wi-Fi Wolfpack in general: I'm fine with whatever the outcome is.

To my team: If you get out of line on this issue, I'll be sure to put you in your place.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
In the future though: battle timeout isn't a rule that's there for shits and giggles, it is there for a reason. If you time out, you lose.
Now I post as the relevant administrator of tournaments..... BATTLE TIMEOUT IS A RULE FOR A REASON. If you go over, you lose. I understand that this may have been unclear from the rules of this tournament and support the decisions of the hosts... but going forward... none of this nonsense will be tolerated. I'm getting fed up with the crazy antics some people try to play. Do not expect mercy from me or anyone else if you think you are clever enough to game the rules. You will not receive a favorable outcome.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lost to The_Chaser 3-0, messed up near the end after getting lucky at the start.

Good game. Sorry team.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
woo, more than halfway through the season and the alpha ruiners are at the top, being the only team that has yet to lose! very proud of you guys.

just to cover my bases, The Chaser was subbing in for Kael, who was not very active. It wasn't made "official" but I had verbal confirmation from LN, and couldn't wait since this was the only window Chaser could battle. Thanks for pitching in again Chaser, great win.

[20:34] <~whistle> lonelyness
[20:34] <~whistle> if the chaser asks to sub in
[20:34] <~whistle> can you do it
[20:34] <~whistle> i hereby declare he is allowed to sub himself
[20:34] <~whistle> obey
[20:34] <~whistle> thanks
[20:34] <+LonelyNess> ...
[20:34] <+LonelyNess> I am not your monkey
[20:34] <~Scofield> the squid is no ones monkey
[20:35] <~whistle> well that's a yes right
[20:35] <+LonelyNess> yeah it's a yes, obviously
[20:35] <+LonelyNess> The_Chaser had better be on though
[20:35] <+LonelyNess> or imma be >=( very upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)