Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone translate the words on the Eaglemon picture? Why is there a 300 in it?
Also, I predict some awesome fanart for this birdie!

Edit: The 300 seems to indicate that next week's episode is the 300th, according to Bulbapedia.

Are you guys going to be choosing black or white? I'm thinking White becuase of Zekrom, but I'm going to wait to see the big difference. Is there any info about it?

You can only get it by breeding a Ho-Oh with a Ditto. And it won't evolve into Ho-Oh. :(
It loses Sacred Fire, and it gets worse base stats.
85/104/72/88/120/72 would make sense.
Of course it would get, Close Combat, Brave Bird and Earthquake.:naughty:

Are you guys going to be choosing black or white? I'm thinking White becuase of Zekrom, but I'm going to wait to see the big difference. Is there any info about it?
the only info (which I believe is unconfirmed at this point) about further differences is that there will be two areas that are different depending on the version. Black City and White Fortress they were called in the rumour, I believe.

could be neat, depending on how it works. A City and a Fortress sound different enough, and personally I think it might lead to there being different gyms in them. both with different types preference (for example, Dark gym in Black City, and Steel gym in White Fortress).

Welcome to the forums, by the way :D

the only info (which I believe is unconfirmed at this point) about further differences is that there will be two areas that are different depending on the version. Black City and White Fortress they were called in the rumour, I believe.

could be neat, depending on how it works. A City and a Fortress sound different enough, and personally I think it might lead to there being different gyms in them. both with different types preference (for example, Dark gym in Black City, and Steel type in White Fortress).
That would be intresting difference between the two games. There might even be different teams like Aqua/Magma. Their hideout could be in the city/fortress.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Anybody else think Eaglemon will end up being based on a seahawk? Like a bad-ass version of Pelipper? Water/Flying, with stats along the lines of Absol or Carnivine like the poster above said.

what i fear is that this kind of pokemons can only be 2 things.

a top tier pokemon that become standard or a NU pokemon with fail movepool and typing. he can look cool for all i care but lets hope he is good too.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Uh did no one else look at that silhouette and think "Griffin!" Because that's exactly what it looks like to me.

Uh did no one else look at that silhouette and think "Griffin!" Because that's exactly what it looks like to me.
I did, and for a second I was SOOO excited... but then I noticed it had no hind legs, which Griffins have.

I then cried.

it's legs make it look like it's based off an eagle.

notice how they look like pants? unfortunate, since Vultures are much more bad ass in my opinion.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ah, damn it. I'm going to continue believing it's a griffin and that gamefreak just isn't up to date on the number of legs its mythological analogues should have.

for the record, tsutaajaa has electricity since the triple battle is versus a shimama, chiraamii and mijumaru, and shimama shocked it.
Daaaaammmn, I was really getting my hopes it might have been using Charge. Oh well, thanks for confirming this!

@Jujumoi: Yeah, that's what I mean. It looks like a Pokemon that's just not going to evolve. It doesn't look like something that would evolve further, yet they wouldn't show a Pokemon evolution before its earliest stage.

I honestly did forget all those, or rather I wasn't think about them, but I meant shown as a silhouette... Unless some of those were silhouettes too (I remember Blaziken, Lucario, and Drapion weren't at least). At which point, you got me, I'm wrong.

Also, I remember that back in 3rd gen, they showed Pelipper way before Wingull.
Oh yeah I remember that. It was revealed alongside Sharpedo (another example) and Shroomish.

I honestly did forget all those, or rather I wasn't think about them, but I meant shown as a silhouette... Unless some of those were silhouettes too (I remember Blaziken, Lucario, and Drapion weren't at least). At which point, you got me, I'm wrong.
Yeah, Drapion wasn't silhouetted, Blaziken I can't remember, but I'm pretty positive that Lucario was. I kinda rememeber ppl speculating what it was.

Definitely an bald eagle i think, i'm cool with it since i have wanted an eagle pokemon since third gen. But i'm not sure it is related to mamepato, it could be an evolution of an yet unknown pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)