Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Texas! I'm sure I'm the person you wanted to see the most.
Gosh, that charmander challenge seems difficult to me, don't you think?
I'll give you Cucaraxa the Ludicolo. It may only use physical type attacks. That's all.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ludicolo=Win. What Physical attacks does it learn besides Strength and Focus Pucnh though? And does that also restrict support moves?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll give you Cucaraxa the Ludicolo. It may only use physical type attacks. That's all.
Swords Dance post-E4.

Texas, I couldn't help but notice that your username is a wrestling move. Therefore, take a Makuhita! Assuming you do know about wrestling and I'm not just being an idiot, call your Makuhita either Face or Heel. If you call it Face, you must solo Brawly with it after using at least one healing method. It must always know Arm Thrust. If it's Heel, you must attack your own partner once in every double battle you use it in, which must be at least 8 battles. It must always know Fake Out. Either way, it must always know Vital Throw and solo Norman, who basically uses Jobbers. No restrictions on evolution, but the rules don't change once it becomes Hariyama.

EDIT: Once you have done 4 gyms, you must switch the name from whichever one you chose to the other (name rater in Slateport) and carry on using the other rules. When you reach the Elite 4, you can use either Face or Heel Tactics. Face Tactics mean that you must use a fighting move on every non-ghost to prove your toughness, and heel means that you must switch out at least twice in 3 of the battles.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Texas Cloverleaf, here's your Pokemon...

One day, while walking in the grass, you find a rare Pokemon! A Swablu! You catch it & call it Cotton, because of the wings & you treat it as if it was your favourite Pokemon.
Then one day, you were raising your Pokemon & suddenly, it evolves into the almighty Altaria! You start thinking that it isn't cute anymore, but then it starts using powers that a Dragon has!
You start thinking of it as a cool Pokemon & before you know it, it has Dragon Dance, Earthquake, & Dragon Claw!
You appreciate it & then one day, your Altaria faces off against Drake & your Altaria shows that he/she is the superior Dragon by sweeping his entire team! And then you suddenly think Wow! Altaria is the best Dragon ever...

Recap:
-Catch a Swablu & name it Cotton.
-Once it becomes an Altaria, It must know & keep Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, & a move of your choice before the E4.
-It must Solo Drake.

Have fun! :)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Wow. I leave the thread for 5 minutes (read: 12 hours) and it goes nuts. And so:

@ Texas Cloverleaf: You get a Gardevoir, which must learn and always keep Calm Mind. It must have Synchronise, and in order to evolve into a Gardevoir it must inflict status on two Pokemon using Synchronise, unless it is Calm, Careful, Gentle, Mild, Modest or Relaxed, in which case it needs only one.

Can you trade pokemon in clover, cause i got a good one if you can. If you cant, then let me know and i think up a new one.

Reserving a spot for one if he can't trade in.

Edit: Dammit never mind it was gonna be a dratini, but if you already have a swablu that rediculously redundant. I'll think up something new

Sorry for the double post

So texas cloverleaf, i herd u liek mudkipz, so i gave u 1! Its name is Meme Fish. It noes lots of people liek mudkipz, so it will use attract every time it sees a new pokemon, regardless of gender, to find out if they liek or dont liek mudkipz. as soon as possible, get in a double battle with its fellow water type Cucaraxa and use attract on Cucaraxa to find out if Cucaraxa lieks mudkipz. If attract works, Meme fish will become best friends with Cucaraxa. Whenever cucaraxa or meme fish is sent out for a double battle the other must be preset, and they must solo liza and tate together to prove their friendship. aditonally, meme fish will always carry rain dance and set it up for cucaraxa to activate its abiltiy whenever they double battle. But, if cucaraxa doesnt liek mudkipz, then cucaraxa will become meme fish's arch rival and will only use physical moves as well, trying to one up cucaraxa.

edit: just wanted to make it clear, if attract fails on cucaraxa,you dont have to carry rain dance. Thats only if attract works.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Emerald Scramble Time!
I have three rules
- No evolution restrictions
- No Bugs/Pikachu
- Not as difficult as my FireRed run (lol No STAB, No evo Charmander)

Go, Go, Go!
I'll give you Cucaraxa the Ludicolo. It may only use physical type attacks but you can use one support move from another type
Sounds Good!

Texas, I couldn't help but notice that your username is a wrestling move. Therefore, take a Makuhita! Assuming you do know about wrestling and I'm not just being an idiot, call your Makuhita either Face or Heel. If you call it Face, you must solo Brawly with it after using at least one healing method. It must always know Arm Thrust. If it's Heel, you must attack your own partner once in every double battle you use it in, which must be at least 8 battles. It must always know Fake Out. Either way, it must always know Vital Throw and solo Norman, who basically uses Jobbers. No restrictions on evolution, but the rules don't change once it becomes Hariyama.

EDIT: Once you have done 4 gyms, you must switch the name from whichever one you chose to the other (name rater in Slateport) and carry on using the other rules. When you reach the Elite 4, you can use either Face or Heel Tactics. Face Tactics mean that you must use a fighting move on every non-ghost to prove your toughness, and heel means that you must switch out at least twice in 3 of the battles.
This is an epic challenge!

One day, while walking in the grass, you find a rare Pokemon! A Swablu! You catch it & call it Cotton, because of the wings & you treat it as if it was your favourite Pokemon.
Then one day, you were raising your Pokemon & suddenly, it evolves into the almighty Altaria! You start thinking that it isn't cute anymore, but then it starts using powers that a Dragon has!
You start thinking of it as a cool Pokemon & before you know it, it has Dragon Dance, Earthquake, & Dragon Claw!
You appreciate it & then one day, your Altaria faces off against Drake & your Altaria shows that he/she is the superior Dragon by sweeping his entire team! And then you suddenly think Wow! Altaria is the best Dragon ever...

Recap:
-Once it becomes an Altaria, It must know & keep Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, & a move of your choice before the E4.
-It must Solo Drake.

Whoo, Altaria!

Wow. I leave the thread for 5 minutes (read: 12 hours) and it goes nuts. And so:

@ Texas Cloverleaf: You get a Gardevoir, which must learn and always keep Calm Mind. It must have Synchronise, and in order to evolve into a Gardevoir it must inflict status on two Pokemon using Synchronise, unless it is Calm, Careful, Gentle, Mild, Modest or Relaxed, in which case it needs only one.
Awesome Scramble mon, haven't used it in a while.

So texas cloverleaf, i herd u liek mudkipz, so i gave u 1! Its name is Meme Fish. It noes lots of people liek mudkipz, so it will use attract every time it sees a new pokemon, regardless of gender, to find out if they liek or dont liek mudkipz. as soon as possible, get in a double battle with its fellow water type Cucaraxa and use attract on Cucaraxa to find out if Cucaraxa lieks mudkipz. If attract works, Meme fish will become best friends with Cucaraxa. Whenever cucaraxa or meme fish is sent out for a double battle the other must be preset, and they must solo liza and tate together to prove their friendship. aditonally, meme fish will always carry rain dance and set it up for cucaraxa to activate its abiltiy whenever they double battle. But, if cucaraxa doesnt liek mudkipz, then cucaraxa will become meme fish's arch rival and will only use physical moves as well, trying to one up cucaraxa.

edit: just wanted to make it clear, if attract fails on cucaraxa,you dont have to carry rain dance. Thats only if attract works.
Go Pert!

Team is:
-Ludicolo
-Hariyama
-Altaria
-Gardvoir
-Swampert
-(Reserved for Treadshot A1)

Damn, this is the best Scramble Team ever! Assuming of course Treadshot A1 doesn't show up to ruin the party :D

Just noting about your team cloverleaf, you get half of your members before the first gym, another before the second, and another before the 4th. You have almost all/all (depending on Treadshot) of your pokemon before even getting halfway through the game! not a bad thing, i was just noticing it.

Texas Cloverleaf

Yeah and most of them are excellent mons that I really enjoy using. The only tight spot I envision is physical attacking Ludicolo since you can't get a Water Stone until Mossdeep and I can't really train it at all for a while until it gets a physical TM.

Yeah and most of them are excellent mons that I really enjoy using. The only tight spot I envision is physical attacking Ludicolo since you can't get a Water Stone until Mossdeep and I can't really train it at all for a while until it gets a physical TM.
Having used this evolutionary line in the past, i can assure you that you get some physical moves. Fake out, for a quick hit of damage is one. Another is nature power, which turns to swift on regular tiles, eq on sand, rock slide on exposed rock surfaces, and shadow ball in caves, all physical attacks.

Texas Cloverleaf

Thats good it'll at least get something to use. I used Lombre in my most recent Sapphire Scramble and it was very underpowered by Fortree so a set of Fake Out, Nature Power, Shadow Ball, Focus Punch/Double Team should do well.

Texas, how could you be so cruel? Your Gardevoir was snatched from it natural habitat, and you left it's best friend Abra behind. How could you?

Well, after the 3rd Gym, you have to go back and catch an Abra at the route closest to wherever you caught Ralts that has an Abra on it. Call it "Bridge". Unfortunately during Gardevoir's absence it has grown depressed and it's psychic powers have weakened. Therefore, it is unable to attack in battle (it may be in battle but can't execute a move). Spending time with Gardevoir helps it recover, though, so after 50 hrs of play time with Gardevoir it gains enough strength to evolve to Kadabra, and use moves with under 50 BP. After 100hrs of play time(Inc. The original 50), it has enough energy to become Alakazam, and use moves with under 80 BP.

Oh and if Gardevoir faints, Abra becomes depressed again and cannot be used until after the next gym is beaten.

Yeah, i will admit, that without special moves it will likely get underpowered at some point. As an added note, remember not to use nature power in extremely tall grass, or in any water environment, as this would produce a special attack. In regular tall grass you get stun spore, but i'm not sure if thats allowed or not.

Edit: just saw treadshot's post above, have fun with that one XD

Texas Cloverleaf

Heh, branching out from the useless MEP to a useless Cripple Psychic Abra. I forsee this getting Exp. Share stuck on it since odds are high that I'll finish the run well before 50 hours.

Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf][URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3078236#post3078236 said:
[/URL]
Emerald Scramble Time!
I have three rules
- No evolution restrictions
- No Bugs/Pikachu
- Not as difficult as my FireRed run (lol No STAB, No evo Charmander)

Go, Go, Go!

zdrup15 said:
I'll give you Cucaraxa the Ludicolo. It may only use physical type attacks but you can use one support move from another type

Sounds Good!

Dragonbreath said:

This is an epic challenge!

Its_A_Random said:

Recap:
-It must Solo Drake.

Whoo, Altaria!

Athenodoros said:

Awesome Scramble mon, haven't used it in a while.

doomvendingmachine said:

Go Pert!
Texas, how could you be so cruel? Your Gardevoir was snatched from it natural habitat, and you left it's best friend Abra behind. How could you?
Well, after the 3rd Gym, you have to go back and catch an Abra at the route closest to wherever you caught Ralts that has an Abra on it. Call it "Bridge". Unfortunately during Gardevoir's absence it has grown depressed and it's psychic powers have weakened. Therefore, it is unable to attack in battle (it may be in battle but can't execute a move). Spending time with Gardevoir helps it recover, though, so after 50 hrs of play time with Gardevoir it gains enough strength to evolve to Kadabra, and use moves with under 50 BP. After 100hrs of play time(Inc. The original 50), it has enough energy to become Alakazam, and use moves with under 80 BP.

Oh and if Gardevoir faints, Abra becomes depressed again and cannot be used until after the next gym is beaten.
Heh, branching out from the useless MEP to a useless Cripple Psychic Abra. I forsee this getting Exp. Share stuck on it since odds are high that I'll finish the run well before 50 hours.

Team is:
-Ludicolo
-Hariyama
-Altaria
-Gardvoir
-Swampert
-Abra

Damn, this was the best Scramble Team ever! Until Treadshot A1 showed up to ruin the party :D. It's still pretty damn awesome!

No, it was destroyed by the racism of Austra....

...actually probably better not type that. So let's just say i said screw it to kindness, and killed a few million MEPs.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Treadshot, you are heartless. And I would like to point out now, after he has given the challenge and cannot edit it, that he placed no restrictions on level. You can just keep it in your party, at level 5 or something, and don't use it.

And careful, there, Treadshot. I come from Austra...

I stand by my comment. Austra...ns are ra...t.

And yeah, that's the idea. Instead of just saying to them you get no 6th member, give them something nigh on impossible. That why i gave Navel that Shinx that had to die and get replaced with a low level MEP. And why Texas now gets that Abra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)