5th Gen Sandstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
5th Gen teams are finally here! So to start, I looked at the new abilities and saw that Sandstorm teams had become overpowered, and felt the need to make a team. I've been testing this team on PO, but like all teams it has some flaws. So with out further adu, here it is:
TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

To start, I knew I needed something bulky and that can provide Sand Stream, and Hippowdon was just that.
Next, I needed my Sandstorm abusers, so I went with Doryuuzu, which is arguably the best member of Sandstorm teams.
So now I needed another, since Doryuuzu has Sand Throw, I needed something with Sand power for some extra attack, and Randorusu was just that.
Now I needed something else that could provide Sand Stream, because 5th Gen weather teams are everywhere now, and Tyranitar was my man.
Now I needed something that could counter my huge Grass weakness, and I decided to go with probably one of the most broken 5th Gen Pokemon, Shandera.
To finish, I wasn't sure what I could put in, so I went with Scizor for a revenge killer that doesn't take damage from Sandstorm. Please provide any suggestions on what should go into this team to fill this slot.

IN-DEPTH​

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Impish
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Toxic
Hippowdon, the basis of most Sandstorm teams, provides a great crippler with Toxic being that it can take a hit easily along with being able to set up Stealth Rocks. Since Hippowdon is slower than most leads (with 130 Spe), it can get Sandstorm up after the opponent gets his/her weather up, forcing a switch. This allows me to cripple whatever they send in (or if they don't decide to switch, their lead) and most likely set up some rocks. There's not many Pokemon that will OHKO a Hippowdon with 368 Def and 180 SpD (360 after Sandstorm). Then Leftovers and Slack Off allow me to Toxic stall. I usually just fodder this off in the end so I can get a clean switch into Doryuuzu and start a sweep.

Doryuuzu @ Life Orb
Sand Throw
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

Doryuuzu has become one of the best sweepers in the 5th Gen metagame. Without a Swords Dance, it has 405 Atk which allows it to do massive damage to the opponents team. Then with 275 Spe (about 412 after Sand Throw) it outspeeds almost everything. This moveset provides great type coverage which can take out a large portion of my weaknesses. Doryuuzu has been able to take out the entire team of the opponent after a Swords Dance, and this is the sole reason I got my first 5th Gen 6-0. After Hippowdon forced a switch, Doryuuzu forced another and then it was pretty much game over from there. Some people see Shandera as a threat to this, but Doryuuzu outspeeds it and OHKO's with a Shadow Claw or Earthquake.

Randorosu (Landlos on Serrebii) @ Choice Scarf
Sand Power
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-turn

Randorosu provides this team with a great revenge killer. With more Atk than a Choice Banded Scizor, this can OHKO some Pokemon when the Attacks are not very effective. A STAB Earthquake take out just about everything the opponent brings in. Outrage is extremely useful on this for a Garchomp and Kingdra counter, both of which can do a lot of damage to this team. When this gets sent in on a Kingdra, the opponent doesn't expect Randorosu to outspeed or even have outrage, which allows me to take out on of the biggest threats to this team. U-turn provides for a Jarooda (Jalorda on Serebii) counter, seeing as it can OHKO almost everything with Perversity (For those of you who don't know, Perversity reverses all stat changes that effect Jarooda, so after a Leaf Storm, it gets +2 instead of -2). Scizor also provides a U-Turn, but I find that it is too slow to get it off.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Adamant
196 HP/252 Atk/56 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

After Hippowdon's gone, this team is pretty frail. So I needed something else that would be able to take hits easily and provide and extra Sand Stream. This also adds a Dark Move, which proved to be useful against Ghosts. Tyranitar also adds an extra Stone Edge, which also proved to be very useful. When Randorosu is sent in, I usually lock it into Earthquake for STAB, and after that, I needed something that could come in quick and Stone Edge before it could do any more damage to my team. Most of the time, the opponent won't switch because they don't expect the Bulky/Rock Polish Tyranitar, and believe they can OHKO it.

Shandera @ Balloon (For those who don't know, provides immunity to Ground attacks until the pokemon itself is attacked.
Shadow Tag
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower

Shandera is arguably the most broken Pokemon in the new metagame. Shadow Tag allows it to take out one of the opponents Pokemon, and probably more. In some cases, the opponent will bring in a Choice Scarfer and thats when Shandera comes in. If they lock themselves into a Fighting move, Shandera sets up 6 Calm Minds and then its game over. Shandera also provides a great movepool which allows it to switch into a lot more than most Ghost/Fire types can. Energy Ball provides a great counter for my huge water weakness, the opponent will usually predict a switch and try to set up while Shandera takes out with the Energy Ball. Then the Balloon is probably the most useful part. Since Earthquake is probably the most commonly used move, Shandera is able to avoid that and OHKO/2HKO whatever the opponent sends in to kill it. Although it does say 'Shandera is floating on a Balloon' when it comes in, most players disregard it or forget about it later in the match.

Scizor (Subject to change)@ Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Brick Break
-Night Slash

Scizor is just a placeholder on this team. I'm planning to change it to a Psychic type to counter my Fighting weakness. Zuruziken and Roobushin dominate this team. Especially with Drain Punch. If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me know.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
5th gen teams aren't allowed as RMTs yet.... read here

I don't know how to rate this......
You should probably take a look at it too!

To be honest, though, this team doesn't look like it was built for a metagame without bans. Kyogre can pick off all of your Pokemon 1 by 1 and you have no way of stopping Groudon. This is just to name a few of the many problems your team faces with common Pokemon in the no bans metagame.

Now, since we still lack a tiering system for Generation V, the RMT staff has decided to forbid 5th Generation OU RMT threads for the time being. This is, of course, a temporary measure and will last until we decide whether or not to set an initial banlist for Generation V Over Used.
This is clearly a team built for the "standard" tier on PO, and as such is not permitted.

P.S. This is the most generic sandstorm team I've ever seen.

For an Ubers tier this team is terrible. Like locopoke said Kyogre picks off this team easily.

I'm sure you made this team for a STANDARD metagame (which is not allowed), but I'll rate this team as if it were standard anyway.

First of all, your team must be one of the most generic Sandstorm teams I have ever seen. It seems as if you threw a bunch of Sandstorm abusers together and hoped they would have some type of synergy.

A flaw in your Shandera strategy is the very fact that you run Sandstorm. 6 calm minds is quite a bit, and that's a decent chunk to Shandera's HP from Sandstorm alone. Add to that any possible revenge killers, and..not too good. I say run leftovers, because fighting attacks are pretty common as well with all the CCs, HJKs, and what not running around. Balloon does give you a nice earth resistance, but you'll lose a decent amount of HP per switch in + set up, be forced to switch from a counter, and then repeat.

Also your Doryuuzu possesses a glaring Doryuuzu weakness. Opposing Doryuuzus running balloon can hit you with an EQ upon finding out you don't carry it, leaving you dead. I say carry balloon because then opposing Doryuuzu have to resort to a NFE move first, leaving you relatively safe for one turn. One swords dance backed by huge power is pretty good strength enough anyways.

As you said, Scizor should be replaced.

Randorosu as a Garchomp counter is eh. He got trollololol speed, at 101 (compared to the even MORE trollololol 102), leaving him outsped (unless the other Garchomp runs adamant).

Think of a wall to add to your team, then edit and make changes. God luck :D !

haunter

Banned deucer.
Exactly what the above users said. Only post teams meant to be played in a no-bans metagame (Ubers). It's clearly stated in the announcement. This team has no way to deal with common Ubers Pokemon like Kyogre, Groudon and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)