Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright...I probably have a semi basic question but here it goes. I am now learning to RNG for Platinum ( I am already very good at RNGing for HG/SS) and I am curious as to what to do when you have an even frame. I am going for Heatran and I have no roamers out right now.

The frame is 660.
So I should subtract one and divide by 2 but that leaves one more frame left over. What do I do to advance the frame one more time?
You will need to have an odd number of pokemon in your party (5 works best) and take 128 steps. That will advance the frame 5 times, and you should be able to make the rest of the advancements through journal flips.

I'm trying to learn how to RNG in HG/SS, but I'm having trouble figuring out some of the terms. Is Calibrated Delay just your average delay from starting the game to entering the game world?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey guys, in order to RNG decent shinies (wild, grass etc, ex. rattata) do I HAVE to restart and RNG my ID/SID?
You might want to look to see what possibilities you have, but you don't really have to, no. It will just open up (probably) better opportunities.

Odd delays. between 591 and 607.
I havent used pikatimer, just RNG Reporter. Is it necessary?
It isn't absolutely necessary, but without it you'll be limited to what you can hit just by button mashing. That's a big limiter.
Also, the delay your game hits is constant. It's you fluctuating.

So, here's my story.

I've had a wondercard Jirachi sitting in the PokeMart for close to several months now and haven't bothered to pick it up yet until after setting aside some time to do more in-depth research on how to get the spread I want. So here's what I wound up getting from Java RNG, using method 1:

Jolly 31/31/31/0/31/31 Seed: e810031a, Frame: 245 (but RNG reporter says it's frame 242), Delay: 784. No big deal on the frames, since I understand that Java RNG isn't exactly pinpoint accurate with this method (yet).

Now comes the tricky part. Entering in the seed to RNG reporter yields a target time of 0:04.03, whereas the Seed To Time function yields a target time of 16:57:50. Which one is the correct time?

So, here's my story.

I've had a wondercard Jirachi sitting in the PokeMart for close to several months now and haven't bothered to pick it up yet until after setting aside some time to do more in-depth research on how to get the spread I want. So here's what I wound up getting from Java RNG, using method 1:

Jolly 31/31/31/0/31/31 Seed: e810031a, Frame: 245 (but RNG reporter says it's frame 242), Delay: 784. No big deal on the frames, since I understand that Java RNG isn't exactly pinpoint accurate with this method (yet).

Now comes the tricky part. Entering in the seed to RNG reporter yields a target time of 0:04.03, whereas the Seed To Time function yields a target time of 16:57:50. Which one is the correct time?
Use seed to time to find your target date and time. Ignore that time column. Also, you should be using the wondercard IVs method and not method 1 in RNG Reporter.

Oh, okay. Though I used Java RNG to get that spread using method 1, since Wondercard wasn't an option. Does that mean that all of that stuff I entered in Java RNG was pretty much useless?

No, just use the seed you found, plug it in and generate in RNG Reporter using the wondercard IV method. Otherwise your target frame will be wrong.

Thank you Riddlin, I saved that to my favorites.

Based on that information, I have an 0.83% chance to catch Ho-oh in a Luxury Ball at level 70, which is 121 Luxury Balls on average.

That does explain the frustration.

When rng abuse for egg iv's is it ok to have the coin flip out when trying to find out the save frame

Also when rng abuseing for egg iv's in platium witch npc you got to worry about is it only the cowgirls when faceing the daycare man

Thank you Riddlin, I saved that to my favorites.

Based on that information, I have an 0.83% chance to catch Ho-oh in a Luxury Ball at level 70, which is 121 Luxury Balls on average.

That does explain the frustration.
If you put it to sleep it would be about 1.6%

Edit: demondragon, it shouldn't matter what app you have up. Every single NPC that moves in a random pattern in Solaceon effects the frame, which is why breeding in DPPt can be really annoying at times.

Well, shoot, son. In that case I should've just used seed 0A140262 and saved myself the trouble. Least with that one, I won't have to advance so dang many frames just to find out if I have the desired nature. As long as I can be sure that after the Elm Calls, all I have to do is advance 15 more frames then talk to the delivery dude on the 26th.

Much appreciated, Riddlin.

So I've decided to practice RNGing for IVs. I did everything the guide tell me to do. I calibrated for my average delay, put down the parents' IVs in the Time Finder, etc. But when I click generate on the Time Finder I get...nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Trying to RNG a Shiny Articuno in HGSS with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's, but when I search in the time finder and hit generate I can't find a single one.

Has anyone here RNG'd perfect shiny legendaries and can tell me how to find a time to get perfect ones?

These are the only perfect catching spreads:

Search for: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Found 6 result(s)!
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70
PID: e85091a9 (DOCILE, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: fb100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 1, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
PID: e9375a48 (CALM, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 8a01082e Method 1: 119, J (synch): 2, J (no synch): 4, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 4) HP DARK 70
PID: f9426f72 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 52140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, K (synch): 91, K (no synch): 89) HP DARK 70
PID: 685011a9 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 7b100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
PID: 6937da48 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 0a01082e Method 1: 119, J (synch): 4, J (no synch): 16, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 34) HP DARK 70

Trying to RNG a Shiny Articuno in HGSS with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's, but when I search in the time finder and hit generate I can't find a single one.

Has anyone here RNG'd perfect shiny legendaries and can tell me how to find a time to get perfect ones?
Well, unless you abused your ID/SID combo chances are you're not going to be able to get a shiny flawless wild pokemon. If you want to find out what shiny spreads you have I suggest using PokeRNG. There is a download link on the first page of this thread.

Thank you Riski, but do you know of a spread that has 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's and is shiny? I am looking for Adamant nature as well. I have a syncher that is Adamant.

If you put it to sleep it would be about 1.6%

Edit: demondragon, it shouldn't matter what app you have up. Every single NPC that moves in a random pattern in Solaceon effects the frame, which is why breeding in DPPt can be really annoying at times.
You sure? I input the sleep status and it told me .83%. :/

Edit: My mistake, I forgot to select the "1 HP left" option. You're correct, and that's 63 balls on average. I suppose I'll have to give it another go.

BAD: Seed c0e02c2. Adamant, Method K, 696 Delay, 73 frames.

Method 1 is 86 frames.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thank you Riski, but do you know of a spread that has 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's and is shiny? I am looking for Adamant nature as well. I have a syncher that is Adamant.
Shiny is determined by your SID. It's not the same for everyone. That's why he asked if you abused to get your id/sid. Unless you have the combo to make a seed with that spread shiny, it can't be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)