Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok so i am trying to get a shiny Latias and Latios. Im using the ones from the event in Pewter City(Im not sure if the other way is easier but...). I have seeds for both of them but im still working on Latios(I'll post the seed later in my post). I've been working on it basically all not and I still can't hit my seed. I have read everything on here and im pretty much sure that im doing everything correctly but im just not hitting it. Im always to far off.

My Seed for the Latios is 0b081274
My Frame is 14
The date is picked is 18/12/2010 at 08:01:50
My Delay is 4714

In Pikatimer i put my Calibration delay and seconds as 490 and 13 respectively and im putting my clock 2 minutes before like pikatimer has instructed. When the first timer goes i soft reset my game and then wait at the continue screen while i wait for the other timer to go down. When it hits zero a press a and then when my game loads up and I press X straight away and call Elm. All his responces never seem to match the seed im looking for though and i really have no clue what im doing wrong. Do most people have this much problems? I have done RNGing before but only in Diamond for shiny eggs.

I wont post the seed for Latias yet since i want to focus on Latios first

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. I really wanna try and get these 2 before the new year.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When I put this exact info in my timer, it tells me I only need to go 1 minute before. Fairly certain that's accurate. Make sure the "wanted seconds" in Pikatimer is 50 like you have posted as your target time. Pretty sure that's where your problem is.

But I do have the Wanted Seconds on 50. There is someone else that has been bugging me. I only get the beeps on my downstairs computer(XP) and my computer upstairs doesn't get sound on Pikatimer(Vista)

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Again a question for ID/SID abuse. When I start ID/SID abuse, I need to find myself a nice spread. Does this spread need to be shiny? Because now I just did Seed Finder, got my non-shiny spread, copied the PID to Pandora's Box and there I found an ID/SID combo. Am I doing it right?

Hey no more help needed i figured it out :)

Timid
lvl 40
30/15/30/31/31/31 HP ICE

So I'm going to let him run around til I get Entei tomorrow :)
and then Latios :) and then leave them go around until I get
my 3 birds :) werd. This thread delivers I was going to ask about
frame advancement but yeah.

Oh, I assumed that since you were RNGing a Sudowoodo, you weren't that far in the game. Is there another one I don't know about? Does he regenerate?

Edit: Just realized he does regenerate so I assume you beat the Elite 4 and such. Maybe post what your current calibrated seconds/delay is so we can see how far off you are from normal.
489, 14.

And honestly, I don't even know what I'm hitting, which is extremely odd.

Also, that calibration is from my old HeartGold, I haven't calibrated on this SoulSilver yet. But in all honesty, it shoudn't matter. Now, I'm no pro at RNG but I'm pretty good and the fact that I"m hitting NO adjacents is fuckin' pissin' me off.

Are you using an AR by any chance ?

EDIT : NVM just saw your EDIT.
The seconds are the same in both games so that's not your problem. The only thing that can change between games is the delay and if it's even or odd.
So yes I would calibrate just to check the delay on your SS.

Alright, because I'm switchin up my calibrated and everything and I'm still hitting no adjacents. It's odd because my target is EKPKE....etc. and a couple times I've hit EKPKP which is extremely similar, does this mean I'm close? Or not.

Not really sure but I don't think so. But I've noticed that sometimes on a seed my calls will be EKKPEKKPE for 470 delay and at 460 delay the calls are EKKPEKPEE.
I'm no programmer so I'm not sure, but It could just be a coincidence

You could try expanding your search to 999 delay +- and 9 seconds+-

Not really sure but I don't think so. But I've noticed that sometimes on a seed my calls will be EKKPEKKPE for 470 delay and at 460 delay the calls are EKKPEKPEE.
I'm no programmer so I'm not sure, but It could just be a coincidence

You could try expanding your search to 999 delay +- and 9 seconds+-

I'll do that, see what I am hitting, and then adjust from there. Thanks Eminem.

As a Mac user I have very limited access to the RNG program and even when I do, I usually can't have my DS in hand, catch my drift? So I record all my data and plug it in later. I recorded the 10 coin flips I needed for my spread. On about the eighth try I nailed it but when I checked my eggs IVs, they were not even close. So I have a couple questions. First one, which I kind of know the answer to but, is the coin flip a bad way to determine if I got the right time and delay?

My other options are capturing a monster, not saving but leaving the game on, and checking the seed later. Or I could hatch the egg every time and check it's IVs by leveling up. The second option has a turnaround of about 15 minutes, which I know from finding my frame. My second question, is there a faster way to RNG without the program right in front of you that anyone could recommend? If the answer is suck it up and work harder, I'll understand.

Here's my target time, delay and coin flips
11/8/10 23:00:14 632
Frame: 19 Tttht htthh

First timer: 86.60
Second Timer : 83.40

It has the wanted seconds at 50 and it says to set it 2 minutes before the target.

And also is there a reason why Pikatime has no sound? I've checked on Google to see what i can find and I can't find anything.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Switch:
Why would coin flips be a bad way? It'll take about 14 but it would be almost as accurate as Elm calls in HGSS.

Unfortunately, I know of nothing else for part 2. =(

@blacknwhite:
Hmm.. those do look about right. I guess Pikatimer just has a huge rollover. This might seem odd, but change the first one to 27.1. This will drop your minutes before by 1 but it's the same thing.

If you want to fix your no sound problem, it's either a java issue or a windows issue. The short way to figure that out, download the timer in my sig. If the sound works, it's windows, if not you need to update your java.

Toast++

@Switch:
Why would coin flips be a bad way? It'll take about 14 but it would be almost as accurate as Elm calls in HGSS.

I thought it was a bad way because I did not get the IVs I wanted. What do you mean by 14? Seconds?
Flips. I was just seeing how many possible combinations there were. If you match enough, you can be fairly certain. I wouldn't go less that 14 flips though. Otherwise, you could be fooled.

Again a question for ID/SID abuse. When I start ID/SID abuse, I need to find myself a nice spread. Does this spread need to be shiny? Because now I just did Seed Finder, got my non-shiny spread, copied the PID to Pandora's Box and there I found an ID/SID combo. Am I doing it right?
Make sure you're actually getting the PID and not the seed. I usually use Wichu's program to get the PID and all that seed's information.

I finally ended up catching the Latios, but no matter what I did (Diglett's Arena Trap, Wobufett's Shadow Tag), it still fled. How does that work?

So it took countless trial and error to try and prevent it from fleeing. The result was me putting it to sleep, then moving something with False Swipe to the front of the party, weakening it, etc. Overall this process took 5 different encounters before I got it to 1 HP and put it to sleep.

After that, the real challenge was catching it. I could only throw 1 ball during each encounter before it fled. After it fled, I ended up having to chase it down again (switching between routes) to get it to roam to my position.

I spent a good 2-3 hours before I finally caught it, and this is what it looks like:

Shiny Latios
OT: Ragnar
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Level: 35 (UT)
Moves: Protect, Refresh, Luster Purge, DragonBreath

congrats, in the future use block or mean look with smeargle.
Thanks, I was thinking of doing that, but not only does my Smeargle not have Mean Look, but it was late and night and I wasn't patient enough to ask in the SQSR thread and hope I find somebody with one.

Still, I think it paid off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)