Serperior

Serperior is kinda like CM Reuniclus in that it's another thing that makes stall teams hard to use. Most of its counters are offensive like shandera, blaziken, dragons. Most stall teams can't handle this at all unless they run bulky heatran and even then it gets subseeded if it doesn't have roar or at least resttalk.

EDIT: I think for a bulky variant, you should invest in defenses rather than HP as the less HP you have, the easier it is to subseed.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's true (@astrohawke)

Does anyone think that investing in speed and defenses will make a huge difference to the power output of the set? I like the idea of a bulky giga drainer. I couple of pages back I posted a leaf storm/hp water/giga drain/sub set that was really effective....

It's hilarious how a pokemon with only such a shallow movepool can have such bad 4 moveslot syndrome.

That's true (@astrohawke)

Does anyone think that investing in speed and defenses will make a huge difference to the power output of the set? I like the idea of a bulky giga drainer. I couple of pages back I posted a leaf storm/hp water/giga drain/sub set that was really effective....

It's hilarious how a pokemon with only such a shallow movepool can have such bad 4 moveslot syndrome.
The last line made me chuckle. So true.
I've been using max speed/sp.att with Leaf Storm/Giga Drain/HP Rock/Glare @ Lefties. It works pretty well: after even just one boost Giga Drain scores you a lot of free health. Rock rounds out the coverage nicely, and Glare comes in very handy. Steels (other than Heatran and occasionally a Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball) don't give me much trouble, boosted Storms eat through them anyway, continuing to boost. I'm thinking of switching Glare for Seed and maybe tweaking the EVs though. Dunno, opinions?

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm using a tormentor ATM, and it works really well. LS, HP Rock, torment and sub. It's great for setting up on walls who carry a status move and only one threatening attack (ferrothorn.)

So many people try to paralyze serp, so sub seems kinda essential to me. Try mean look though, and report back afterward.

Sub + giga drain kinda reminds me of subsplit gengar. It's great for PP stallers too. One other idea I've been thinking about is metronome (the item.)

EDIT: I'm switching to HP Fire. I run into sooo many ferrothorns, but no heatrans...

Yeah. Without Antagonist, Serperior is still a very solid SubSeeder (or Calm Minder/Coiler) with some of useful tools like Glare.
WITH Antagonist, Serperior is a top threat, whether combined with Seeding or simply sweeping.

This is my very first post here but i must say... serperior is a sexy sexy name :)

EDIT: serp does pretty well in OU from my experience, the only thing he's really lacking is a good movepool with which to abuse perversity, since the only viable attacking moves he learns seem to be leaf storm and hidden power

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget wring out and twister.

Hell, some guy used a serperior with hyper beam on me yesterday.

I'm really hoping we don't have to wait too long for Perversity Snivy to get released.
Knowing GameFreak, they'll probably drag it out and release it years from now, like before Grey is released or announced. I'd hope the event comes within the next few months, but there's no way of knowing what GF has planned.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm really hoping we don't have to wait too long for Perversity Snivy to get released.
Knowing GameFreak, they'll probably drag it out and release it years from now, like before Grey is released or announced. I'd hope the event comes within the next few months, but there's no way of knowing what GF has planned.
Considering we haven't seen any Gen V Dream World mons, and I seem to remember hearing that they might not be possible because of something to do with overworld sprites, it wouldn't surprise me much if it didn't happen until the third game.

Considering we haven't seen any Gen V Dream World mons, and I seem to remember hearing that they might not be possible because of something to do with overworld sprites, it wouldn't surprise me much if it didn't happen until the third game.
NOTHING from 5th gen? Really? Ugg. This sounds just....painful! XD

Overworld Sprites for Gen V are not programmed into Black and White, which implies that they will not be found in the Dream World for quite some time.

Without Antagonist/Perversity, Serperior is somewhat laughable, to be honest. Coil is too slow to set up when I could just use SD Virizion. If I want a fast SubSeeder, I'll use Whimsicott, or if I want power as well, Sceptile (who outspeeds Starmie, notably, as well as ScarfTar and a few other random threats).

Offensive sweeper? LO Shaymin-L comes to mind, while Celebi has got the defensive corner covered. And then of course we have Nattorei on the defensive end of things who supports much more effectively than Serperior. I'm afraid that without its ability, it is somewhat outclassed.

Couldn't it be released through an event like the other starters have? That wouldn't require the use of the overworld sprites, would it?

That's actually exactly what I believe will happen, WingedKnight. If I'm not mistaken, Ash's Tsutarja/Snivy knows attract--a move not normally available to it from anywhere. My guess is that she's also going to have perversity/antagonist; and it will be explained that she came from the dream world.

There already was one egg givaway in Japan related to the anime, and I think that there'll definately be more. Ash's tsutarja/snivy is also FEMALE, so this may affect her chances of distribution...but whether for positive or negative, I don't know.

Either way; if they do release her then we'll be able to breed her and get more little perversity/antagonist babies.

That's actually exactly what I believe will happen, WingedKnight. If I'm not mistaken, Ash's Tsutarja/Snivy knows attract--a move not normally available to it from anywhere. My guess is that she's also going to have perversity/antagonist; and it will be explained that she came from the dream world.

There already was one egg givaway in Japan related to the anime, and I think that there'll definately be more. Ash's tsutarja/snivy is also FEMALE, so this may affect her chances of distribution...but whether for positive or negative, I don't know.

Either way; if they do release her then we'll be able to breed her and get more little perversity/antagonist babies.
Snivy can learn Attract via TM, like almost any other Pokemon with a gender.

I just noticed my posts were deleted. Why?
Anyway, on topic, there's a Serperior in the battle subway's roster. Has anyone battled it yet? If so, does it have Perversity?

I was gonna point that out, but the theory of Anime-based DW releases makes sense.
Don't bet on it, they've released several anime-based Pokemon and, despite perfect chance to give them dream abilities, they didn't have them. Not even the newly hatched Scraggy!

As for why Snivy had Attract (also Leaf Storm), it was because she already had a trainer (she left it).

I just noticed my posts were deleted. Why?
Anyway, on topic, there's a Serperior in the battle subway's roster. Has anyone battled it yet? If so, does it have Perversity?
Do any battle subway pokemon have DW abilities?

I'm in the group that bets that no DW abilities for 5th gen pokemon will come along until Grey at the earliest. Possibly not until Gen VI even.

Do any battle subway pokemon have DW abilities?

I'm in the group that bets that no DW abilities for 5th gen pokemon will come along until Grey at the earliest. Possibly not until Gen VI even.
VI? No way. They wouldn't be programmed into B&W if that were the case.

The abilities are, but those overworld sprites aren't. Which means that if they aren't programmed into Grey, you likely won't be getting them at all this gen. Just because something is programmed into the game (like Arceus' ??? form) doesn't mean there's a way to legitimately obtain it.

Yeah, but the point is if you want a Perversity Serperior on your actual game, it might not be possible for some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)