Hax to the Max

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's Lolcat again with an RMT. I would bet a thousand dollars you don't remember me, as my only other RMT was some crap attempt at stall from about a year ago. This time, I'm back with a pretty bad team and I really want to improve it. This team was originally from 4th Gen with minor updates. I want to help bring it into the fifth generation.

Team Building Process:

[pimg]260[/pimg]

Swampert is not just my favorite Pokemon, it's also a reliable tank in OU, and provides necessary SR and other features. It is my main check for Dragons (except Kingdra and Hydreigon) and Heatran that lack HP Grass. It is also a general defensive pivot in case I lose momentum in a match because it can take hits well. The only problem is that it can give my opponent offensive or defensive momentum if I cannot use Swampert effectively. It is a tank first, pivot second.

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg]

Scizor, the king of OU in Gen 4. Heatran, pah! Scizor was king for longer. Well, se all know what it does. It revenges opponents and builds tremendous offensive momentum with STAB CB U-Turns. However, it's still great in Gen V. It's probably the best revenge killer out there, and I love using it.

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]248[/pimg]

Tyranitar provides sandstorm support which adds to the balance-offense of the team. Since this Tar is CB, it packs a punch and can defeat Skarmory with repeated Fire Punches. It also has powerful Pursuits to pick off Rotoms. I don't like Rotom, you see? Then I got rid of Tar.

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]248[/pimg] [pimg]497[/pimg]

Shaymin is a reliable special attacker to complement the physical direction to the team. Launching high powered Seed Flares is a trait exclusive to Shaymin, and it lets Shaymin beat its counters sometimes with the SpD drop. However, all the new Gen 5 threats really neutered Shaymin, so it's no longer a part of this team.

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]248[/pimg] [pimg]497[/pimg] [pimg]385[/pimg]

Jirachi is the behind-the-scenes pokemon on the team, spreading paralysis and hitting with moderate force. Thunder Wave can devastate sweepers that rely on their high Speed, and will have a lasting effect on teams that do not have a cleric (HO Teams!!!).

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]248[/pimg] [pimg]497[/pimg] [pimg]385[/pimg] [pimg]68[/pimg]

Machamp is a momentum-gainer for the team, providing confusion support safely from behind a Sub. This thing is nearly uncounterable, as nothing can safely switch in on a D-Punch besides Ghosts (and Slowbro), which are taken out by Payback (except for Slowbro). However, new Gen V Ghosts, namely Jellicent, can take both a Payback and a D-Punch. He will not like it, but he can still take the hit.

[pimg]260[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]121[/pimg] [pimg]251[/pimg] [pimg]385[/pimg] [pimg]68[/pimg]

Though having a TTar is nice, it wasn't doing much for my team. In response to a rate below, I replaced it with a Starmie and it has been helping immensely because my team is considerably less stall weak and can beat Gyarados more soundly. Starmie provides water and electric coverage, something my team did not have before, and Rapid Spin support. Recovery is nice too, and my team was too physical based... The problem is, it doesn't hit that hard. A non-EV'd Base 100 SpA is a little lackluster against offensive juggernauts like Terakion.

Shaymin was replaced by Celebi to help spread paralysis, and it works well. Machamp counters Blissey who would give my team probelms (not by walling me, but by clericing all over me), and this solves that.

The Actual Team:
[pimg]260[/pimg] @ Leftovers
Relaxed: 240 HP, 216 Def, 52 SpD (Standard Mixpert)
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald

Swampert is the lead of this team because I like my SR, but I don't like going 6-5 for them. SR is self-explanatory, Earthquake is for STAB, Ice Beam is for Dragons and Fliers, and Roar is for pushing out stat-uppers. I'm thinking of putting Scald in that spot for the STAB and the Burn support. I'm not sure about the top leads this Generation, so I'll refrain from putting them for now. Not that leads matter, as Team Preview is cool.

[pimg]212[/pimg] @ Choice Band
Adamant: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spd, or something like that. It's the standard CBZor.
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Revenger. It does very well with STAB Bullet Punch, and STAB U-Turn. Pursuit and Superpower are secondary options. Superpower is for Steels, and Pursuit is for fleeing pokes, but I usually just U-turn. This thing is countered by Magnezone, who is beaten by literally every other poke on my team (unless HP Grass). But Magnezone isn't as viable this Gen, so it's a smaller worry.

[pimg]251[/pimg] @ Life Orb
Modest: 232 HP, 252 SpA, 36 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power [fire]
-Recover
-Thunder Wave

Celebi has more attacking power than Shaymin and supports the team better. Since the team's goal is: CRIPPLE ANYTHING THAT MOVES AND KILL KILL KILL, additional Twave support is useful. This guy comes with recovery too, so pokemon that aren't dedicated counters to Celebi will not want to switch in. Celebi loses Earth Power coverage, but Swampert hits ground weak pokes with Earthquake.

[pimg]121[/pimg] @ Leftovers
Timid: 252 HP, 40 Def, 216 Spd
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

Rapid Spin support leaves me less helpless against stall. BoltSurf (?) provides good STAB and coverage move coverage, and Recover is to last longer. Thunderbolt, with some hax, can paralyze my enemies which is ever more useful because of the team's motive. THough there aren't any attacking EVs, this star is pretty tough. 236 SpA with a super effective attack is still painful, especially with STAB. Starmie, however, is still a defensive pokemon here.

[pimg]385[/pimg] @ Leftovers
Timid, 164 HP, 168 Atk, 176 Spe
-Fire Punch
-Iron Head
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave

SubTW Rachi, better known as HaxRachi, is great. It provides lasting paralysis support, and can take a beating. Iron Head is for the 60 flinch rate and the 120 (with STAB) power, and Fire Punch is for coverage and the 20 burn chance. It can really work against usual counters such as Swampert, but I would not rely on a 20% chance to win me a battle, unless it's Stone Edge missing.

[pimg]68[/pimg] @ Leftovers
Adamant: 128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 Spd
-Dynamicpunch
-Payback
-Substitute
-Ice Pawnch

SubChamp. Emphasis on Champ. Firing off insanely powered D-Punches forces switches and if the opponent hurts itself, I can get a Sub. Rotom-W and other Ghosts likes to switch in, and can eat Payback. Machamp is really only countered by Slowbro, so if i can predict well, Champ WILL be used to my advatage.

Well, there you have it. The team is based on gaining offensive momentum, but it has been unsuccessful. I would like to hear your more expert opinions because I think I can play the game well, but I am poor at actually making the team. Thank you for reading this. Here is a cat picture that will represent my opponent if you help rate my team.

EDIT: Forgot some items. Thank you Symphony.

Remember: This is a 5th Gen team, I'm just unsure how to make the major changes from 4th Gen to 5th Gen. Also, I really want to keep Swampert on the team, as I like Swamperts. But I liek Mudkipz moar.

Notice the 3 fire weak pokemon (and two resists).
For Celebi, maybe you should try Hidden Power ground or a different Hidden Power because Jirachi already has Fire Punch while Swampert and Machamp have Ice moves. Half your team can cover Flying and Jirachi can cover Bug and 4 pokemon cover Grass. Hidden Power Flying is also an option which leaves your attacks only resisted by Steel.
Also, what's with Rawr and Ice Pawnch (at least change to Ice Pwnch)?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
From your sig, your favorite pokemon is Swampert I see.
Unfortunately, Swampert isn't nearly as good this gen. I suggest changing it to a MixKen. This is the set:

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Stone Edge

This Blaziken breaks stall and surprises and kills many things on the switch-in. It completes the FWG core you have right there and fills your KILL KILL KILL goal without setting up.
However, I see that your team is pretty Dory-weak, assuming it can set up. If you've found it's been unable to set up on your team, then it's not as much of an issue.
I also suggest Boil Over rather than Surf on your Starmie seeing as it's more of a defensively-oriented set.

However, I see that your team is pretty Excadrill-weak, assuming it can set up. If you've found it's been unable to set up on your team, then it's not as much of an issue.
I also suggest Scald rather than Surf on your Starmie seeing as it's more of a defensively-oriented set.
First, everyone on the team carries a move super effective on Excadrill.
Second, I think Swampert would be better off with Scald.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'll put Scald on Pert and start testing MixKen. And yeah, this team is Excadrill weak actually. Though I carry SE moves it will kill first. Swampert's the only thing that can counter Dory with Scald, which is why I want to keep it on. Though I'll test Ken.

Since Celebi already has Thunder Wave, you can give Jirachi Body Slam. With Serene Grace it has a 60% chance to paralyze and still do damage and you can even paralyze Ground types with it that try to switch in. If you switch Machamp for something with Mach Punch though, you can revenge Excadrill better. I think max attack Breloom can OHKO Excadrill. Conkeldurr is also an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)