HD vs Porygon3

2v2
no recovery/5 chills
3 day user dc
Arena:
30x30 feet clearing with 10x10 feet pond in the middle. It's fringed by woodwork on the side, going out 10 feet. The pond is 15 feet deep, slightly muddy at the bottom but otherwise clear. There are no berry bushes.
no switching
no items
all abilities
HD, send out your Pokemon.
Then Porygon3, Pokemon and commands, etc

and...go!

Go, Frogger! (Poliwag)

Start off with a Hypnosis to give yourself an advantage. Then while he's asleep, fire a large Pulse of Water at him; if the first Hypnosis didn't work, try that again instead. Then finish with a powerful Psychic, deorientating him even further!

Hypnosis - Water Pulse/Hypnosis - Psychic

Agility into the water to avoid the Hypnosis~create a Smokescreen to make sure the second Hypnosis misses~use Razor Wind to slash the trees apart and send them toward Frogger/Poliwag

Sorry for the delay, I've had some tests at school but I'll get on top of things...
RIGHT NOW!

In the middle of a peaceful forest, in a small grassy clearing, by the side of a still and transluscent pond lies an object, seemingly out of place. It is in fact a computer; an extremely High Definition computer known as HD. With an unexpected "Beep-buzz-bzzt" the computer downloads a program. This program is very complicated and extremely advanced - in fact it jumps straight out of the screen revealing itself to be the previously unheard of Porygon3!*
The two artifical beings glare at each other. Why? Because they're about to have a Pokmon battle of course!
The two virtual virtuoso's each send out their first Pokemon. HD, from a slot which may have once been a CD drive, fires a ball and his Horsea, Poseidon emerges.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Nature: Lonely (Defense reduced by *, Attack increased by *)

Type: Water
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

HP: 90
Atk: ***(+)
Def: **(-)
SpA: ***
SpD: *
Spe: 60

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, dealing 2 more damage with its critical hits.
Damp (DW - Not Activated): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Bubble
Smokescreen
Leer
Water Gun
Focus Energy
Bubblebeam
Agility
Hydro Pump
Disable
Signal Beam
Razor Wind
Scald
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

In response, Porygon3 sends out a Water type of his own, Frogger the Poliwag.

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: * (-1)
Def: **
SpA: *** (+1)
SpD: **
Spe: 90

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Water Absorb (innate): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.
Damp (innate): This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.
Swift Swim (DW) (innate): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Attacks:
Water Sport (*)
Bubble (*)
Hypnosis (*)
Water Gun (*)
Doubleslap (*)
Rain Dance (*)
Body Slam (*)
Bubblebeam (*)

Haze (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Splash (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Psychic (*)
Double Team (*)

Horsea attempts to calm his mind and boost his speed, but unfortunately Poliwag has the upper hand to begin with. Stomach swirling in a captivating manner, Poliwag moves side to side, entrancing the already calming Poseidon into an intense sleep. Although the Hypnosis succeeds in putting Horsea to sleep, it also aids the meditative effect of Agility, granting Poseidon the ability to sleep talk very quickly.
As the seahorse snores (with alarming frequency!) Frogger leapfrogs his way over to it and, shaping its tiny mouth like an 'o' unleashes a similarly shaped Water Pulse. The attack is not particularly effective however; Poseidon barely even stirs.
Not contect with the effect of this physical approach, Frogger decides to try a new angle. Focusing its mind, he brings forth the innate Psychic power common to all amphibious larvae (right?) and uses it to link his mind to Horesea's. The severe mindfucking interrupts a particularly pleasant dream, forcing Poseidon awake, and ready to unleash the wrath of his godly namesake.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 70
Energy: 93
Other: +1 Spe

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
Energy: 79
Other: None

*Yeah idk what gave me those ideas either...

Ok, Frogger, he's hurt but now he's a little faster than you. Try to take away his advantage by creating a Haze and hopefully it will be harder for him to see you! Then I want you to use your Psychic powers to attack his mind again, even if the Haze is too strong for you to see him. Finish off with a Double Team to make it even harder for him to hit by making a pair of clones, but if he tries to use Agility any time after the Haze I want you to use Body Slam instead and try to paralyze him!

Haze - Psychic - Double Team/Body Slam

so apparently completely disregarding my actions is cool now???

Razor Wind to whip up some trees to slam into Frogger/Poliwag~disable psychic since because im faster this will work negating his action~hydro pump (if hydro pump is used after the double team, destroy all the clones as well as hitting Frogger)

so apparently completely disregarding my actions is cool now???
You can't just expect Agility to automatically let you avoid anything, especially not when you are much slower to begin with; he acts before you use Agility. I applied a modifier to the accuracy but after checking against the RNG the Hypnosis passed with flying colours (rolled 19/100, with smaller numbers being better obviously in this case). Keep in mind Agility isn't an immediate magical boost in speed, it invlolves focusing the mind first.
Agility: The Pokemon focuses to increase its speed two (2) stages, enabling it to run and use physical attacks much more swiftly.
(Or in game its relaxing and lightening the body, but its the same sort of thing in effect).
So yeah, all this went into consideration when coming to my decision on how to handle it.

Aaanyway...

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
Energy: 93
Other: +1 Spe

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
Energy: 79

Some of Horsea's excess has worn off, leaving the two competitors at roughly the same speed. As such, what happens next occurs almost simultaneously - a spectacular sight to witness. Poseidon swiftly retreats to the woodlands behind him as Poliwag opens its mouth and spews forth a thick white Haze. The fog starts to spread across the plain and into the forest, but Horsea has other plans. He inhales deeply through his snout, puffing up his body with air, which he then releases as a vicious and Razor sharp Wind. But that's not all - Poseidon's strategic position causes the wind to harshly tear leaves off trees, and even uproot some of the smaller plants, hurling a violent tempest of blade-like wind towards Frogger! Certainly a feat worthy of Poseidon's namesake. At the edge of the forst, wind meets wind, but the sheer force of Horsea's attack cuts through the haze, blowing it away, nulling its effect, and bombarding Frogger with plant matter for a critical hit! AMAZING!
And he's not done yet. Still angered from Poliwag's mental assault earlier, he decides to play some mind games of his own. Using the already established mental link to his opponent Horsea has no trouble finding and erasing Poliwag's memory of - ironically - Psychic! Just in time too; it seems Frogger was just about to try that trick, but instead finds himself Disabled.
Disappointed, Poliwag instead gets a little head start on his next maneouvre. He begins jumping side to side once again, and Horsea flinches in anticipation. But when he opens his eyes again, he finds that Poliwag isn't trying to Hypnotise him at all. With every leap, an illusory clone of Frogger is left behind, and the clones take no time intermingling to hide their creator. This Double Team gets on Poseidon's nerves, and as such he decides to take them all out with a single blow. With a sweeping Hydro Pump he dissipates all the clones in a matter of seconds and hits Poliwag for massive- Healing?! Indeed, it seems Frogger's porous skin has actually just soaked up the attack, healing damage with his Water Absorb ability, putting a stop to Horsea's momentum.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
Energy: 74

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 77
Energy: 66
Other: Psychic Disabled for 4 Actions.

oh balls i forgot about water absorb

Focus Energy~Razor Wind to whip up some trees to slam into Frogger/Poliwag~Razor Wind to whip up some trees to slam into Frogger/Poliwag

Ok well that round was mostly awful but the healing is nice. Let's try to keep the momentum by putting him to sleep, and try again if you can't get it the first time, then let's try freezing the nearby trees with Ice Beam! Most of them have been destroyed already by those Razor Winds so he must not be able to use them too much more!

(if that is not legal just Ice Beam Poseidon I guess)

Hypnosis - Ice Beam/Hypnosis - Ice Beam

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
Energy: 74

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 77
Energy: 66
Other: Psychic Disabled for 4 Actions.

With speed on his side once again, Frogger recycles an earlier technique - with some fancy footwork he once again pulls off a successful hypnosis (miracle hax). But Horsea is more or less rested up from before and wakes up almost immediately.
It does however put momentum in Poliwag's favour. Horsea opens his eyes to find that all around him a continuous crisp Ice Beam sweeps around the forest, freezing the trees where they stand. Poseidon does some recycling of his own, but of a much less environmentally friendly manner. Relocating to behind some still standing trees, he puffs up to fire another Razor Wind. This time however, the trees don't cooperate. Instead of the desired effect, the trees and leaves simply shatter, having become brittle thanks to Frogger's technique. The win however still follows its course and strikes Frogger.
Frogger however keeps his cool. Very cool in fact - he fires yet another Ice Beam, this time targetting Horsea. Horsea shakes it off, then tries his elemental manipulation once again. Sadly, he succeeds only in destroying the last of the trees and striking Frogger for regular damage.

*I've also added 2 extra damage to Frogger since I realised I forgot to account for Sniper last time.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 61
Energy: 62

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 54
Energy: 40
Other: Psychic Disabled for 1 Action.

You're running low on energy Frogger, so let's try to finish him off soon! I want you to start with an Ice Beam, then hit him with Psychic as you will no longer be disabled, and then Ice Beam again! If he uses Agility for one of the first two actions, replace the last Ice Beam with Haze.

Ice Beam - Psychic - Ice Beam/Haze

Disable Ice Beam (basically meaning his last action will be nothing)~focus energy~razor wind

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 61
Energy: 62

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 54
Energy: 40
Other: Psychic Disabled for 1 Action.
Frogger, obviously enjoying his fresh breath, fires another Ice Beam at Posiedon. It is then that he realises something - he's just remembered how to use Psychic! Just in time to- this thought is crudely interrupted by Horsea's mental presence as it sends Ice Beam to depths of memory Psychic had just returned from with Disable.
Frogger is too happy to care however, and joyfully squeals as he punishes Horsea's mind with his newly remembered attack. Otherwise determined, Poseidon merely weathers the mental assault and Focuses his Energies.
Poliwag continues his offensive, but has clearly forgotten that he has forgotten Ice Beam, and the tiny puff of cool air emitted from his mouth provides little help against the incoming blade-like Razor Wind.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 40
Energy: 45

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 44
Energy: 26
Other: Ice Beam Disabled for 4 Actions.

(what why did razor wind hit me again :pirate:)

Hypnosis didn't last for too long last time Frogger but I need you to try again and hope he stays asleep longer. While he's asleep, I want you to take a break too and Chill, then hit him with a Water Pulse for a little confusion and not wake him up if he's still asleep; if he already woke up, I want you to use Splash instead and wait until the Razor Wind is over before you come back down! This may not work out but let's hope for the best!

Hypnosis - Chill - Water Pulse/Splash

(what why did razor wind hit me again :pirate:)
?

Also, although it's not stated in the Audit thread, Disable can only be used on one move at time. I know this from asking the very same question. :D

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 40

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
Other: Ice Beam Disabled for 4 Actions.

Frogger begins by utilising Hypnosis once again, and by some sheer miracle of hax Poseidon is not only hit by it once again but gets hits hard, falling into intense sleep.
Frogger is pleased with his efforts, but realising that he himself is fairly tired, he decides to chill for a bit. Meanwhile, Horsea dreams happily about obliterating infantile amphibians with great beams of multicoloured light.
Hapily rested, Poliwag resumes attacking, but still wanting to conserve energy uses a measly Water Pulse. Poseidon wakes up a little later, dazed but mostly unharmed.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 32

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
Energy: 24
Other: Ice Beam Disabled for 1 Action.

Lord Jesseus said:
Thought I had frozen the trees :(

Anyway Frogger, I know this will probably annoy him but let's fire off another Hypnosis; you need to be able to buy time to chill! If he wakes up and uses Agility, or if he does that after a Hypnosis miss, I want you to Haze instead (after the Agility of course).

Hypnosis - Chill/Haze - Chill/Haze

agility~razor wind~signal beam

it'd be cool if you could post the damage/energy of the moves so i can better think of my moves

Oh right, that's why it only hit you for normal damage instead of doing extra from trees and stuff.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
Energy: 24
Other: Ice Beam Disabled for 1 Action.

Frogger tries Hypnosis yet again, but Horsea isn 't about to fall for that again, or ever.
Data Audit Thread said:
The Same Pokemon cannot be put to sleep more than 3 times in a battle.
Poseidon uses this opportunity to give himself a speed advantage in the form of Agility.
He is quick to use this advantage too, firing off his favourite move for the battle so far - another Razor Wind! Just as well though, because this advantage is not to last thanks to a Haze from Poliwag.
Poliwag however does not use his new advantage however, opting to simply chill... only faster! Meanwhile Horsea messes him up a little with Signal Beam.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 26
Energy: 22

razor wind~signal beam~razor wind

it'd be cool if you could post the damage/energy of the moves so i can better think of my moves
i guess i wasn't specific. i mean after all the calcs and such.

Ok Frogger, this is it! Alternate Psychic and Ice Beam and let's see if you can faint him before he does the same to you!

Psychic - Ice Beam - Psychic

TEST FAILED
Oh well.

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
Modest
Water
Water Absorb/Damp
HP: 26
Energy: 22

The two water types lock eyes from across the plain and silently they agree: Let's finish this. Frogger holds his gaze and penetrates his foe's mind, unleashing a Psychic assault. Poseidon grunts through it like only a god can, fighting back with a less supernatural but similarly deadly Razor Wind.
Frogger utilises the harsh winds to cool off - seriously. He fires a jet of freezing air towards Horsea, and the Ice Beam meets Poseidon's Signal Beam midfield. Not being solid, the insectoid wave passes straight through the icy blast, damaging both participants. The Ice Beam, perhaps empowered by the wave's energy or otherwise a lucky shot scores a critical hit on Horsea, however Poliwag is seemingly put off by the unexpected result of the collision of attacks; the spiral on his stomach is reflected in his eyes, a clear sign of severe confusion.
This state of mind proves fatal for Poliwag. He attempts once again to follow the link between his own mind in order to unleash another Psychic attack, but in his confusion he accidentally follows it straight back again to himself! While not sufficient to knock himself out, he leaves himself vulnerable to a final crticial Razor Wind, which cuts him down to size once and for all.
Psychic - 12
Razor Wind - 9.5
Ice Beam - 10.72
Signal Beam - 9.5
Self Harm - 2.5
Razor Wind - 12.5
Poseidon - 22.72 -> 23
Frogger - 34

Horsea [Poseidon] (M)
Lonely
Water
Sniper/Swift Swim
HP: 9
Energy: 8

Poliwag(*) Frogger (F)
KOd!

Go, Australia! (Joltik)

You should only need one attack but here's some more attacks just in case.

Charge Beam - Electraweb - Charge Beam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)