Sweeping with bulk!

Sweeping With Bulk

Summary

After playing with it for a bit, I got tired of my Slowbro team. He's still cool, but I just couldn't find much synergy in the team and I got bored of it. I decided to look around at sets to see if I could get inspiration. And then I found it:

Holy crap this thing rapes. I liked the idea of the Life Orb set (from the analysis), so I decided to build a team around it. It has worked fairly well so far. It's kind of what I wanted my Slowbro team to be; bulky enough to handle stall teams, but strong enough to nuke offensive teams. I has worked out very well, but I want to make sure all the loose ends are tied up.

The Team

In Depth

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Blaze
Naive

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Close Combat
Overheat
Stealth Rock
Taunt

My Lead/Anti-lead. Taunt against set up pokemon like Forretress and overheat the rest. I've OHKO'd Azelf with Overheat so often it's hilarious. If I know the pokemon is going to be faster than me and I can't hurt it much, I'll use Stealth Rock.

How I handle some leads I've seen:

Azelf: Overheat

Tyranitar: Close Combat

Hippowdon: Taunt then Stealth Rock then Overheat

Forretress: Taunt then Overheat

Ferrothorn: Taunt then Overheat

Mienshao: Overheat (Too many try to set up, so I find it's best to just go ahead and nuke them)

Ninetails: Close Combat

Politoed: Stealth Rock then Close Combat

Abomasnow: Overheat

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid

4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Seed Flare
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Fire]
Rest

The star of the show. Steel killer, Bulky Water killer, and Awesomeness factory. Shaymin is the main special sweeper of this team, and he does not disappoint. There have been so many steels switch in on this guy's Seed Flare only to be killed by Hidden Power [Fire]. Using Life Orb over Leftovers usually doesn't hurt me that much because of rest.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold

248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd

Surf
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt

Fire on Shaymin? Lol no. Jellicent is a pretty cool dude. I actually don't feel like he's as bulky as some other choices, but I need his Taunt set to counter stall teams (a job he does incredibly well). He actually handles Chansey/Blissey surprisingly well. No point in using Scald with Will-O-Wisp already on the set. This little jellyfish is fun!

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd

Toxic
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Protect

My main physical wall. Handles threats like dragons that Jellicent doesn't do that well with. He can also help my team against stall teams with his Toxi-Stall. Protect for scouting is so good. I'm actually a bit disappointed by Ice Fang, but I kind of feel that I need it. Any suggestions?

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Pressure
Jolly

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd

Ice Shard
Pursuit
Ice Punch
Brick Break

My other MVP on this team. This guy murders EVERYTHING. I need him to handle threats like Hydreigon and Venusaur. I'm actually considering switching Jolly to Adamant because when I was testing this team I had him on Hardy the entire time and he still out-sped like everything. XD Tell me what you think about that.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid

4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Surf
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Recover

Miss Rapid Spin herself (itself... whatever :P)! She doesn't need Ice Beam because Weavile handles the ice attacks just fine. Surprisingly, she can handle stall teams incredibly well; even with sweeping EVs. Starmie is a core part of this team because Weavile really needs Rapid Spin support.

Choice Scarf Garchomp could be used in place of Gliscor so that you have a revenge killer for scarf pokemon. It seems like the electric resist is really beneficial to your team and most ground types (Hippowdon, Excadrill, etc.) belong on a sandstorm team. I find that not having a steel type is going to be tough on your team as dragon type attacks will melt your team. Even though you can revenge with Weavile, you'll still lose a pokemon.

As far as Infernape is concerned, I suggest switching Heatran in for him as not only can Heatran use Stealth Rocks as well but Shaymin is best suited for a strong F/G/W core as they provide good resistances and attack coverage. However, Infernape can't switch in much (or at all if he dies at the start) and Heatran can which is why I recommend the switch.

I'll definitely try Infernape to Heatran. Perhaps even Ferrothorn (resists dragon and electric).

Garchomp is a bit cheap though. XD I'll try him though. If he's too powerful, I'll use Flygon instead. XD

Thanks for the help, I'll see how it works.

Don't worry about Garchomp being too strong. You've got people on the ladder who'd kill your whole family just for a win. Worry about being competative, not everyone's friend :P

Uh, you can't win against hippo the way you listed. You might taunt his rocks but he'll EQ you the next turn and due to sand you'll get OHKO'd the very same turn you go for SR. He'll also survive the overheat even if you get within blaze range.

As for a physical wall go for Swampert, Rotom-W, or something of similar bulk. Probably something that can take on TTar and other dark pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)