5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, thank you very much! How lucky to get help from the creator^^

Edit:
Uhm hey this didn't work.. actually, my seconds are now even higher than before! Before the change, the difference was about 3, but now it is 5 seconds. The delaydifference is about higher as well than before.

Edit2: Ohh ok, I substracted it, I will change that and tell you the results!

Edit3: Ok it did work, the only difference is now the delay, but as I understand, it should be so anyways. Thank you again!
Yeah, I edited afterwards when I realized I type the wrong thing. I sent a VM, but I guess you missed it. Glad it works though. Enjoy your DW pokes.

gameman: Yes, a sync is useless for them. The rain will screw up your PID frame. Sweet scent affects the PID but not the IV, IIRC.

I have a question about PID. I am saved right inside the house before you encounter Thundurus and i know i can actually abuse its nature because I can make it fly away before it rains. I have my starting PID frame and to get it Timid I need to advance it 15 times according to the RNG reporter. However whenever I hit my seed and advance accordingly I get a Naughty nature 25 frames away from my start. I have confirmed it keeps hitting naughty when I save 15 times but I don't know why its doing it. The rain isn't randomly advancing it and there is no NPCs interfering. My full seed is 36A19B2F1F8E8223. Can someone help me?

Hello guys. I'm fairly new to the RNG scene and I'm having some unexpected difficulties. I've been successful in hitting my seed (method 5 - standard seed) and rng'ing stationary pokemons, but I'm having trouble with the Musharna that appears every Friday at the Dream Yard. I thought I was missing my timing or frame at first, but I think I'm doing everything right. So I looked for adjacent seeds and this came out:

Full seed: 0758C6C3231F6348
Frame: 27
Date/Time: 07/22/11 20:58:57
Timer 0: C7F

Full seed: BE8A529A276C5EF2
Timer 0: C80

My initial seed has a timer 0 of C80. I should be obtaining the second one; my timing and date are correct. But somehow I end up with the C7F one...and this have never happened before. Any thoughts?

Hello guys. I'm fairly new to the RNG scene and I'm having some unexpected difficulties. I've been successful in hitting my seed (method 5 - standard seed) and rng'ing stationary pokemons, but I'm having trouble with the Musharna that appears every Friday at the Dream Yard. I thought I was missing my timing or frame at first, but I think I'm doing everything right. So I looked for adjacent seeds and this came out:

Full seed: 0758C6C3231F6348
Timer 0: C7F

Full seed: BE8A529A276C5EF2
Timer 0: C80

My initial seed has a timer 0 of C80. I should be obtaining the second one; my timing and date are correct. But somehow I end up with the C7F one...and this have never happened before. Any thoughts?
Sometimes your DS can switch Timer0's on a whim and then you are stuck on that Timer0 before going back. If you are consistently getting the C7F Timer0 you might have to try use a seed for Musharna instead of the one you were planning on.

I had same problem with Victini. Find spread for C7F and try again.

ninja'd \o/

Sometimes your DS can switch Timer0's on a whim and then you are stuck on that Timer0 before going back. If you are consistently getting the C7F Timer0 you might have to try use a seed for Musharna instead of the one you were planning on.
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!

I have a question about PID. I am saved right inside the house before you encounter Thundurus and i know i can actually abuse its nature because I can make it fly away before it rains. I have my starting PID frame and to get it Timid I need to advance it 15 times according to the RNG reporter. However whenever I hit my seed and advance accordingly I get a Naughty nature 25 frames away from my start. I have confirmed it keeps hitting naughty when I save 15 times but I don't know why its doing it. The rain isn't randomly advancing it and there is no NPCs interfering. My full seed is 36A19B2F1F8E8223. Can someone help me?
Updating my findings. I got a Naughty nature for 15 advances Naughty again for 14 and Quiet for 13. I don't know if there is a variable I am not taking into consideration but the nature seems to be a bit random.

Hey guys, been following your RNG guides and I've managed to pull off a couple successful RNGs over the past 24 hours. But I'm trying to RNG an Excadrill and have run into trouble.

• I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta
  • I'm trying to catch a wild Excadrill in Victory Road -- Terrakion's chamber minus Terrakion.
  • My seed is BC52D190FC0BDDB0. Target frame is 5. MAC Address on my DS Lite is E84ECEE58137.
  • Well, I got to my seed, sweet scented for a wild pokemon, caught it and checked its IVs and the IVs matched up. The problem I'm having is I'm not entirely sure how to handle dust clouds. Do you have to get a seed where a dust cloud comes up during your 128 steps? Can you step into it on your 129 step or does it have to be on the 128th step? If one doesn't show up by the time I advance the frame to frame 5, can i keep taking another 127 steps before i get to frame 8? I understand once you enter a dust cloud it's random. I'm just a little confused as to how the process with dust clouds works in terms of matching up with frames and steps.
Any help I could get on this would be much appreciated.

RK4Life, there is some bad news, your step counter is currently saved somewhere between 1 and 128. So it's possible that you move one step and advance your IV RNG. It's also possible you move 128 steps and do not advance your IV RNG. That's why people are told to advance in step counts of exactly 128, so as to get consistent results. So with frame five you will have to do one of three things: Advance 128 steps with four pokemon in your party. Advance 128 steps twice with two pokemon in your party. Advance 128 steps four times with one pokemon in your party.

Dust clouds are harder to hit without knowing which step you are saved on.

what do you mean by currently saved? you can check my DS thru the mac address or something?

how would i reset the step counter to 0? typically when i use the terrakion room i enter the room, don't take a single step, and save. so what am i missing there?

Lol so I've managed to hatch 2 flawless shinies on target now, and have nearly got a third but I'm having huge difficulty with this one.

I've got adjacent frames 6 times now, anything I can do to make sure I hit on time? The stupid people at the daycare are moving different amounts every time. And what's worse is, most of the time I'm hitting the wrong seed so I can only guess my timer0 is fluctuating. Uggh.

Lol so I've managed to hatch 2 flawless shinies on target now, and have nearly got a third but I'm having huge difficulty with this one.

I've got adjacent frames 6 times now, anything I can do to make sure I hit on time? The stupid people at the daycare are moving different amounts every time. And what's worse is, most of the time I'm hitting the wrong seed so I can only guess my timer0 is fluctuating. Uggh.
Its probably your timer 0 if your mashing x when the game loads to the game screen and getting out of the menu and immediately pressing a to talk to the day care man after pressing b

Hey guys, been following your RNG guides and I've managed to pull off a couple successful RNGs over the past 24 hours. But I'm trying to RNG an Excadrill and have run into trouble.

• I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta
  • I'm trying to catch a wild Excadrill in Victory Road -- Terrakion's chamber minus Terrakion.
  • My seed is BC52D190FC0BDDB0. Target frame is 5. MAC Address on my DS Lite is E84ECEE58137.
  • Well, I got to my seed, sweet scented for a wild pokemon, caught it and checked its IVs and the IVs matched up. The problem I'm having is I'm not entirely sure how to handle dust clouds. Do you have to get a seed where a dust cloud comes up during your 128 steps? Can you step into it on your 129 step or does it have to be on the 128th step? If one doesn't show up by the time I advance the frame to frame 5, can i keep taking another 127 steps before i get to frame 8? I understand once you enter a dust cloud it's random. I'm just a little confused as to how the process with dust clouds works in terms of matching up with frames and steps.
Any help I could get on this would be much appreciated.
Try a higher frame, i caught my flawless adamant sand rush excadrill on frame 26 that way, and by the way, the last frame step you take should be the one moving into the ground spot.
And now for the sad part, even if you got it right (steps, ground spot shake and whatever) it's still only 40%? chance of you having an pokemon encounter (damn those gems ;_; )

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
For Entralink abuse, I have the right delay, but the second I got was 33, in stead of 32, which I have hit loads of times. (the second, not the right delay)

Start your game eariler to set the second back.

If you do it right, you should get the same thing every time. (same gem if it's a gem)

For the step counter, it's not something that can be checked. You'd have to keep track of every step you ever took in game. It's just that no more than 128 steps later an advancement will happen.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
About the Missing No 0...
When plugged into Breeding BW, BW Internatioal, or Method 5 PIDRNG the seed with or without the 0 gives you the same result.

When plugged into Method 5 (Standard Seed) they produce different IVs
I think 0100 and 100 are equal for the PIDRNG (and all math I've learned), but for the MTIVRNG they give you different values. Still looking for an answer on this.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
what do you mean by currently saved? you can check my DS thru the mac address or something?

how would i reset the step counter to 0? typically when i use the terrakion room i enter the room, don't take a single step, and save. so what am i missing there?
The step counter increases by 1 whenever you take a step, then resets to 0 (and does any relevant effects, particularly advancing the IVRNG) when it hits 128. It retains the number it's on even if you reset the game, so if you save on, say, step 57 and reset the game, you'll still be on step 57 when you start it up again.

In previous generations, the counter would reset to 0 when you received an egg, but I don't know if that's still the case. The only other way would be lots of tedious calculation taking one step at a time and seeing what happens. Either way, you'd have to count every step you made forever until you did it again, so it's not at all worth the effort.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For Entralink abuse, I have the right delay, but the second I got was 33, in stead of 32, which I have hit loads of times. (the second, not the right delay)
This is caused by the HL calibration being a little too short. Add about 30 to it to fix your problem.

Still need an answer plz. Like I said before i have gotten Naughty with 15 saves, Naughty with 14 saves and Quiet with 13 saves. Can anyone tell me how its advancing after the initial?

This week I finally got my hands on a couple DW female pokemon. Now when I'm attempting to breed them in the search it says that there is no dream world eggs with a ditto is that really so?

This week I finally got my hands on a couple DW female pokemon. Now when I'm attempting to breed them in the search it says that there is no dream world eggs with a ditto is that really so?
Yes. You can't pass on DW abilities if one of the parents is a Ditto. Use something else in its egg group or get a male of a same species.

PIDRNG advancing is the save once, check natures; save twice, check nature, correct?
Yes but viewing Chatot's summary (after recording a chatter) is a quicker way of advancing the PIDRNG than saving. You can use the "Calculate initial PID frame" function in RNG reporter to find your starting PID frame. It is usually accurate unless you're in an area with NPCs or weather. It is also useful for giving you an idea of where you should start looking for the nature sequence if you're in an area with NPCs.

Yes but viewing Chatot's summary (after recording a chatter) is a quicker way of advancing the PIDRNG than saving. You can use the "Calculate initial PID frame" function in RNG reporter to find your starting PID frame. It is usually accurate unless you're in an area with NPCs or weather. It is also useful for giving you an idea of where you should start looking for the nature sequence if you're in an area with NPCs.
Where is this feature? I can't seem to find it (I have 9.81).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)