Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, is there ANY way to stop Honchkrow?
If it is Moxie Honchkrow, regirock or steelix can wall it. Even if it's not moxie, regirock can take superpower, and careful steelix can take heat wave.

For some reason I'm not seeing too much Sharpedo on the ladder and I have no idea why. It's an amazing Pokemon and can beat Honchkrow pretty well until it gets to +2 from Moxie (and if you let a Honchkrow get to +2 from Moxie you probably deserve to lose). It also pretty much rips through rain.

When I see the words Rarely Used, I think of a tier below NU that's fit for pokemon who literally just can't function in NU society. The junk pokemon who serve no niche but in RU are amazing.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For some reason I'm not seeing too much Sharpedo on the ladder and I have no idea why. It's an amazing Pokemon and can beat Honchkrow pretty well until it gets to +2 from Moxie (and if you let a Honchkrow get to +2 from Moxie you probably deserve to lose). It also pretty much rips through rain.
I dont know were you're getting that from. The Honchkrow I've used KO a 80% Sharpedo with an LO Sucker Punch. They can possibly KO higher percentages but I havent found an oppurtunity to test further.

Rotom-S @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Timid
--Discharge
--Will-O-Wisp
--Rest
--Sleep Talk

I've been using this set to deal with Yanmega. It also absorbs status for my team. Its weak to ice and stealth rocks, which can make it hard to place on a team, but its very effective and hard to take down.

I think the OP needs to say in more direct words the currently the UU tier list, and above, is the banlist, and that any other further bans will not be made for quite some time. The amount of people saying the exact same thing is rediculus.

Which of the Rotom forms are allowed? Obviously Wash and Heat aren't but are all the rest allowed here? I'm too lazy to go look at lists <_<

I feel like the air Rotom would be a decent Yanmega check.

Which of the Rotom forms are allowed? Obviously Wash and Heat aren't but are all the rest allowed here? I'm too lazy to go look at lists <_<

I feel like the air Rotom would be a decent Yanmega check.
Yes, the other rotoms that aren't on the banlist (flying, ice and grass rotom) are allowed in this tier

Electrode is actually an excellent Yanmega check that outspeeds Tinted Lens variants, is immune to Bug Buzz and resistant to Air Slash, is rarely weak to coverage moves, and has STAB Thunderbolt/Thunder. Seems a bit gimmicky outside of that overly-specific role, but it still of course has use on rain teams. You can also put specs or life orb on it for an offensive wallbreaker set, since its special attack isn't terrible in RU with a boost (it also has Charge Beam) and it doesn't have to worry so much about speed, although its offensive movepool is lacking. It also has the fastest taunt in RU outside of Pranksters if anything is going to try and stall it, has substitute for Sucker Punchers, has Light Screen for bulkier sets to try and special wall, and has T-Wave for spreading the love.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In todays pre-vo corner:

Eviolite Rhydon is a fucking boss. Walls so much shit to hell and back, sets up a Sub on the switch, has over 400 defense and HP allowing to set up multiple SD's on physical attackers, its ridiculous. Special attackers hurt but it still has nearly 200 SpDef allowing it to easily get off a strong hit from behind a Sub with is great QuakeEdge coverage.

CB Zweilous takes the position of best dragon in the tier. Between CB and Hustle, its Outrages rip apart unprepared teams. It is really great except when its getting parahaxxed.

Can someone list me some good spinblockers? Since I can't use the Dusk-whatever family anymore (besides Duskull, but if you use him outside of LC, rethink your life), I need a good spinblocker to keep my Hail team alive down in RU. I'd look them up myself, but I'm too lazy >_>

@Texas Cloverleaf: CB Zweilous is good, except for its garbage Speed and ok defenses/HP. Its kinda like Bouffalant: slow, pretty good ability, and strong moves and Attack

@Spork: Electrode is actually not immune to Bug Buzz

It is, actually. Well as long as you aren't running Static or something stupid.

Dusknoir is still available. He's decent, but has trouble with offensive Blastoise and hates most status. A defensive set with Pain Split and WoW works well alongside probably Earthquake, Ice Punch or Fire Punch as filler (I personally run Shadow Sneak though, considering how useful priority is).

He's actually a great non-Moxie, non-substitute Honchkrow counter too, since they're rarely running a Dark move that isn't Sucker Punch and he can burn them.

It is, actually. Well as long as you aren't running Static or something stupid.

Dusknoir is still available. He's decent, but has trouble with offensive Blastoise and hates most status. A defensive set with Pain Split and WoW works well alongside probably Earthquake, Ice Punch or Fire Punch as filler (I personally run Shadow Sneak though, considering how useful priority is).

He's actually a great non-Moxie, non-substitute Honchkrow counter too, since they're rarely running a Dark move that isn't Sucker Punch and he can burn them.
Oh, right, Soundproof. I forgot >.<

He's actually a more surefire counter than Rotom-S, since he can beat any variant of Yanmega, depending on what set you're running, including Scarf and Specs Tinted Lens sets, which destroy Rotom-S. There's HP Ground of course, but nobody uses that on the switch lol, and you can always hold a balloon if it's that terrifying. The main advantage of course is that if Yanmega chooses the wrong move (and Yanmega is ridiculously prone to spamming Bug Buzz, considering its advantages over his other moves) you get away with it entirely free (even Rotom-S is dented slightly), balloon un-popped if you're holding one, with a free turn to Rain Dance / Light Screen / Substitute / Thunderbolt. He's probably only useful if you have a spare slot and your Yanmega weakness is otherwise devastating though, lol (and rain teams often struggle with Yanmega anyway, which is where Electrode thrives).

He's actually a more surefire counter than Rotom-S, since he can beat any variant of Yanmega, depending on what set you're running, including Scarf and Specs Tinted Lens sets, which destroy Rotom-S. There's HP Ground of course, but nobody uses that on the switch lol, and you can always hold a balloon if it's that terrifying. The main advantage of course is that if Yanmega chooses the wrong move (and Yanmega is ridiculously prone to spamming Bug Buzz, considering its advantages over his other moves) you get away with it entirely free (even Rotom-S is dented slightly), balloon un-popped if you're holding one, with a free turn to Rain Dance / Light Screen / Substitute / Thunderbolt. He's probably only useful if you have a spare slot and your Yanmega weakness is otherwise devastating though, lol (and rain teams often struggle with Yanmega anyway, which is where Electrode thrives).
HP Ground? Not only is Rotom-S a FLYING type, but it also has Levitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)