Smocon '11: European Edition

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
CALLING ALL SMELLY BRITS:

If you don't know by now, user: Fish151PKMN and I will be traveling to the UK next month. We have both been in contact with people we know over there and have had people say we can stay with them, but we'll be there an entire week and really need to have some sort of plan in place.

That's where you guys come in. This thread will be the easiest way not only to find places to stay, but to put together an entire trip itinerary and coordinate get-togethers.

Here are the dates:

• Saturday, August 20: DM arrives at Heathrow Airport - 6:45am, Fish arrives at Heathrow 9:00am
    • We will be having a big shindig somewhere in London. Everyone needs to come downtown and we'll go to some pub (or two or seven) and get shitty.
    • STAYING: possibly Bonnett's morally loose friend's place, possibly hotel/hostel

• Sunday, August 21: Still in London area, probably with Fish's friend in some small town between London and Manchester
    • STAYING: Fish's friend's? akuchi in Manchester?

• Monday, August 22: Travel to Scotland? Edinburgh?

• Tuesday, August 23: Glasgow???

• Wednesday, August 24: Still in Scotland

• Thursday, August 25: Travel to Dublin, meet up with White
    • FERRY FROM HOLYHEAD TO DUBLIN 12:00 NOON

• Friday, August 26: Still in Dublin

• Saturday, August 27: Travel back to London area
    • FERRY FROM DUBLIN TO HOLYHEAD 8:05AM
    • STAYING: Zystral?

• Sunday, August 28: DM/FISH leave Heathrow Airport - 7:55am
People who want to play in London: Bonnett, cookie, akuchi, monkfish?, Philip7086 (assuming because he didn't specify location), Dan Dan, Nilf?, shade?, Jenova, McGraw, Zystral
People who want to play in Scotland: Lee, Swaggersaurus
People who want to play in Amsterdam, if we can make it: Mekkah, monkfish?, Dan Dan

So we have some blanks to fill in. Ireland and Scotland will both be visited, and who knows, maybe we'll add more destinations if possible. So, post here and let us know where you live, what you're up for, and if you can put us up for a night or two.

oh man. can I have somewhere to crash in london? im not sure I can make it cos its in the middle of resits but fingers crossed

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i told you man, i don't have a house over summer :(

i am always in and around london, and if you (BAN ME PLEASE)s plan to do something big with lots of people then i could be available

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hop on a bloody ferry/plane and get here

also dm, on saturday night if you need to get a hotel you should get one far out of london since it'll be cheaper and heathrow is farther from london than everyone thinks

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hostels always are an option too. I don't care if I have to wash some old lady's dishes for a bed, this shit's gonna get done.

Mekkers, Amsterdam isn't quite out of the question, either. I really want to come over for a day in Der Nederlander, but we have so much to figure out right now that fitting that in is nigh impossible. Maybe when it gets closer and things are fleshed out more, we could squeeze in an overnight trip or something to hang out with you and Altmer and Lexay.

I live about an hour from Heathrow and you're welcome to stay at mine. My house is ten minutes from High Wycombe train station which is a half hour or so from central London. Feel free to use our place as a base on your way in/out of the country.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
can't help you with accommodation but I'll be on standby for any Scottish antics.

Mekkers, Amsterdam isn't quite out of the question, either. I really want to come over for a day in Der Nederlander, but we have so much to figure out right now that fitting that in is nigh impossible.
you can get ferries from newcastle (it's next to scotland) straight to amsterdam but it's like a 15 hour trip iirc

Hostels always are an option too. I don't care if I have to wash some old lady's dishes for a bed, this shit's gonna get done.

Mekkers, Amsterdam isn't quite out of the question, either. I really want to come over for a day in Der Nederlander, but we have so much to figure out right now that fitting that in is nigh impossible. Maybe when it gets closer and things are fleshed out more, we could squeeze in an overnight trip or something to hang out with you and Altmer and Lexay.
Getting a hold of either isn't easy nowadays. By all means come to Amsterdam if it's feasible but for now your schedule looks too tight.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's not UK only - they're going to Ireland. Alongside Scotland and England that's three different European countries! Surely worth the title. :p

ps stop nitpicking, it's a goddamn thread title

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
I live about an hour from Heathrow and you're welcome to stay at mine. My house is ten minutes from High Wycombe train station which is a half hour or so from central London. Feel free to use our place as a base on your way in/out of the country.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thank you man, I love you.

you can get ferries from newcastle (it's next to scotland) straight to amsterdam but it's like a 15 hour trip iirc
Yeah, if anything, we would hit Amsterdam either right after we get there or right before we go, because I imagine a ferry from the southern tip of England is a quick hop.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im pretty sure this is the same week as my planned amsterdam trip. this could be a good or a bad thing!

Innnnn! I live like 20 mins from Heathrow, but can't really offer any room at the moment as I don't know if I'll be in my new flat or not by then BUT I can pick you up from the airport and most likely drop you off again. I'd be up for travelling around a bit too, got a bit of cash stored away. If the weather's nice, I think going across to Amsterdam or Calais would be a great idea!

Hey, I know I don't know you guys too well but I was planning to meet up with Shade around then anyway and it might be a laugh? I live in birmingham (you can get a train there from london for a fiver if you book a few days in advance) in an empty student house as I don't think my housemates will have moved in yet. People are welcome to stay but it may be on sofas and sleeping bags on the floor if my housemates didn't leave their rooms open over summer. I'm in a student village so there are pubs and bars minutes walk away and if it doesn't work out (it is summer holidays so not really busy student season - plus Shade needs fake ID) then we can just raid Tesco's and chill at mine.

We're still working out dates (he has leeds festival from the 25th onwards) and I have a resit sometime that week but 22-24th is best for us. Anyone else who wants to come is welcome to aswell. As I said I have space and it should be a laugh.

Would of been great to come to the meet, but not able. If you fancy coming to Cardiff for the day, I could meet you there.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I work in London; just bug me nearer the time. I only move out at the end of August so I won't have a place for you guys to crash. Sorry.

I suppose this is an opportunity to settle some old debts.

Anna, you owe me £20 and I owe you a dressing gown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)