Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is smeargle so popular? its stats kinda suck. plus my lock-on/Sheer cold combo didnt work...
Spore, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Shell Smash (or anything else that you want) + Baton Pass, Memento, Lunar Dance, ability to use FEAR, etc.

Smeargle is good due to its movepool.

Also, for my question: Since Speed Boost itself isn't banned, does that mean that Speed Boost Combusken is allowed? :3

Yes, but it has rather terrible stats and no Hi Jump Kick. Don't get your hopes up too high.
It does get Swords Dance, Flare Blitz and Sky Uppercut, though. It has the same Attack stat as Poliwrath, too, so it's not too terrible. Its Speed isn't a problem either, obviously.

why is smeargle so popular? its stats kinda suck. plus my lock-on/Sheer cold combo didnt work...
I'm pretty sure there's a mechanic that the accuracy of OHKO moves can't be boosted, like by Hone Claws, Lock-on etc.

As for Combusken, I wouldn't use him as he's even frailer then Blaziken, not to mention susceptible to revenging (Aqua Jet). I also have a question: Why on this site, when you quote does it say "Fat *Person*"?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a Smogon joke. It started with users like steelicks who are big. Posted by FAT steelicks. It doesn't work much anymore, the last round user that was left was jimbo.

I'm pretty sure there's a mechanic that the accuracy of OHKO moves can't be boosted, like by Hone Claws, Lock-on etc.
You are right about Hone Claws, because accuracy modifiers don't actually increase the accuracy of Sheer Cold, Sheer Cold's accuracy is 30 + how many levels you are higher than your opponent, but you can use Mind Reader/Lock-On with Sheer Cold. Articuno makes the best use of that combination (aside from Smeargle) but it's still very flawed

You are right about Hone Claws, because accuracy modifiers don't actually increase the accuracy of Sheer Cold, Sheer Cold's accuracy is 30 + how many levels you are higher than your opponent, but you can use Mind Reader/Lock-On with Sheer Cold. Articuno makes the best use of that combination (aside from Smeargle) but it's still very flawed
it never says that it missed, it says "the move failed" every time. and it was lv 100...

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's because on po OHKO moves are banned and thus have no effect when used. It also may have to do with Sturdy in-game

As for Combusken, I wouldn't use him as he's even frailer then Blaziken, not to mention susceptible to revenging (Aqua Jet). I also have a question: Why on this site, when you quote does it say "Fat *Person*"?
Lol, Fat Benny in a Jet ^_^

Quick question about Magic Bounce in Doubles or Triples: I read on the ability's page that with multi-target moves like Tail Whip, the move will affect the non-Magic Bounce Pokemon normally and then the Magic Bounce Pokemon will reflect it back. I'm confused as to how this works with entry hazards though. If the opposing team has a Magic Bounce Espeon and some other Pokemon, and my team uses Stealth Rock, are there rocks on both sides of the field?

Quick question about Magic Bounce in Doubles or Triples: I read on the ability's page that with multi-target moves like Tail Whip, the move will affect the non-Magic Bounce Pokemon normally and then the Magic Bounce Pokemon will reflect it back. I'm confused as to how this works with entry hazards though. If the opposing team has a Magic Bounce Espeon and some other Pokemon, and my team uses Stealth Rock, are there rocks on both sides of the field?
No, if against a Magic Bounce Espeon (or Magic Bounce Espeon), the rocks will be reflected to your side of the field.

Another question: I understand that due to IV's, a pokemon will usually have stats higher then their base stats before EV'ing them. Is there a formula or trick to calculate how to find this out? It would help me a lot with damage calculations.

T_T,
If you want to know a pokemon IVs, simply go to metalkids iv calculator and it will lead you through the steps to determine your pokemon's IVs

I don't need to know my pokemon's IV's (I mainly use PO). I want to know IV's effect on the base stat before I apply EV's.
If you mean what the difference is between a pokemon with 0 IV's in a stat and a Pokemon with the maximum of 31 IV's in a stat, it is that for each IV the stat will be one point higher at level 100.

If you are looking for the formula to calculate stats, you can find it here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats#In_Generations_III_and_IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)