Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniff..... I don't want durant to move to UU. It's an awesome mon. Sigh. If durant moves to UU then yanmega should too. No matter what team I run, yanmega puts it to a stop.

Is Archeops in RU or UU (NU)? Because he seems to be a really good suicide wallbreaker with a Choice Band a set of Stone Edge/Earthquake/Dragon Claw/U-Turn.

Sniff..... I don't want durant to move to UU. It's an awesome mon. Sigh. If durant moves to UU then yanmega should too. No matter what team I run, yanmega puts it to a stop.
You might want to try Munchlax or CB Entei, or anything that can use ice shard (although there aren't really any of note in this tier)

Yanmega is a bit difficult in RU but Munchlax puts it to a full stop. Likewise, any form of priority hurts it, and stealth rock ridiculously cripples it. Entei's great, as Typhlosion said.

Ps. Are any suspect tests going to occur for RU?

Any news on launturn and how it fares in RU? I'm thinking of running it as a cleric along side sandslash.
I can say from practical experience that Lanturn is a very effective offensive cleric in this tier, since it can come in on a lot of attacks and either hit the opponent for super effective damage or just use Heal Bell. Thunder Wave is also useful for team support, which could be helpful unless you're running Sandstorm on Sandslash. It actually has good bulk in this tier, and is a somewhat good response to Yanmega and co with Special Defense EVs and STAB Thunderbolt. You'll need to invest in Special Attack to deal decent damage, however.

Personally, I use a spread of 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 SpD with a Modest nature (reaches 404 HP, max SpA and SpD) with Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam and Heal Bell. Discharge could also be good so long as it doesn't cost you any OHKOs.

Yanmega is pretty easy to take down. Just send in something faster (Durant), something that takes little damage from Bug Buzz (Durant), or something that can set up on it (Durant). Or just send in Durant

Ya, I use durant against yanmega. Too bad air slash is going to hurt my durant with a horrible SP defense of 48. But durant has been able to take down yanmega lots of times. I guess it's just that once durant goes, I will have to use entei. I'm not saying entei is bad at all. It's just that yanmega has a surprisingly nice 95 defense which has saved it lots of times.
Now, onto a different note, Torkoal is such an amazing mon in this tier. He has a great support movepool with attacks like yawn, toxic, rapid spin, lava plume (for 30 % burn), and stealth rock. Sceptile also fares very well with a special attack unburden moveset. I just realized it can be my yanmega counter after all.
Sceptile @ White herb
Modest
252 sp attk/ 252 spd
~ leaf storm
~ HP rock
~ giga drain
~ focus blast

Basically you use leaf storm as your first move. Takes up the white herb and you get the speed boost. Yanmega comes in? HP rock. Sharpedo? Giga drain or Focus blast. Works like a charm. The only thing the leafy dilophosauros fears is cresselia.

Durant is quite awesome, but if it's Speed Boost Yanmega be prepared to die from Air Slash. And Tinted Lens Bug Buzz against that teeny Special Defense can't be good. As far as revenging goes, you're good unless you miss.

Heck, Lanturn is even good in OU.

Edit for Master Win: Ninja'd. And your Sceptile looks good!

Yanmega is pretty easy to take down. Just send in something faster (Durant), something that takes little damage from Bug Buzz (Durant), or something that can set up on it (Durant). Or just send in Durant

Durant has horrendous Special Defense, and the most common Yanmega set, Specs with Tinted Lens, doesn't give two shits whether Durant resists. And Speed Boost versions have Protect so they don't care about Durants higher Speed. I also don't get why people are praising Entei when it's OHKOed by a Bug Buzz with Stealth Rock, and with just a bit of residuel damage without it.

Durant has horrendous Special Defense, and the most common Yanmega set, Specs with Tinted Lens, doesn't give two shits whether Durant resists. And Speed Boost versions have Protect so they don't care about Durants higher Speed. I also don't get why people are praising Entei when it's OHKOed by a Bug Buzz with Stealth Rock, and with just a bit of residuel damage without it.
Then what do you suggest? Balloon Electrode?

:n Mr.Mime ftw

People suggest Entei as a check, not as a counter, cb extremespeed can kill Yanmega after prior damage and Munchlax is pretty much the only counter we have in RU

Anyway, haven't played in a while but I doubt the meta have changed that much since then so let's get there, have someone tested Rotom?, yeah, just Rotom, the original, because I haven't seen a single one in all my RU battles
I do, and is fricking awesome, best spin blocker ever, is a decent check to Yanmega too and pretty much no spinner is safe against it

I counter yanmega with specially defensive probopass. It quad resists both stabs and has acces to a 4x super effective stab and twave.

I have used Rotom and it is very good. Best offensive spin blocker in the tier by far and has two amazing STABs. Has great speed, bucketload of resistances and immunities and fantastic movepool too so it can sweep or stall! Have you tried passing a Shell Smash to it? ;)

I counter yanmega with specially defensive probopass. It quad resists both stabs and has acces to a 4x super effective stab and twave.
HP Ground is not playing games.

What do you guys think about this great setup opportunity: a Slowpoke (with Eviolite) with Yawn, Block, Slack Off, and Zen Headbutt? You carry a Linoone too to E-speed sweep. Too bad Salac isn't released yet. Also on the team I carry an Ursaring, to kinda clean up. Tell me what I should use instead, because I'm kinda looking to change it up. It should be someone who can wreck stuff after just one turn of setup.

Anybody know of a good set for tropius? I'm planning of using him on a team for fun. Gonna see how high up the ladder I can get with him. If I'm not mistaken, tropius can learn dragon dance and leaf blade. Perhaps he could be a physical sweeper?

Anybody know of a good set for tropius? I'm planning of using him on a team for fun. Gonna see how high up the ladder I can get with him. If I'm not mistaken, tropius can learn dragon dance and leaf blade. Perhaps he could be a physical sweeper?
He can learn Dragon Dance or Leaf Blade, but not the two together. That's TrollFreaks for you. A Dance Set can be kind of fun to use though if you're into that.

Tropius@Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry
Harvest
4 HP/252 Att/252 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Fly (to troll and such)
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf/Rest

Dragon Dance for obvious reasons, Fly because it's the best option it has for a physical attack and it gives you a free turn to try and get back your Berry from Harvest if you didn't get it back initially, Earthquake for Poisons, Steels, and Rocks, Razor Leaf for another STAB or Rest if you want a more "reliable" recovery.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Dance Tropius is a poor man's Dragon Dance Altaria. Tropius has better defense than Altaria stat-wise, but Altraia has better offense and movepool. Tropius's typing just adds salt to its shortcomings.

A sluggish bulky Pokemon like Tropius is probably better off just Leech Seeding. STAB Air Slash is good to ward off Grass Types. Or you can go with Leech Seed + Curse instead, but the quad weakness to Ice and other common weaknesses would hinder its sweep.

Tropius is can be used as a SubSeeder as well, but is inferior to Sceptile. Leech Seed/Substitute/Giga Drain/Air Slash is an effective set, but it's Tropius... haha.

Tropius is can be used as a SubSeeder as well, but is inferior to Sceptile. Leech Seed/Substitute/Giga Drain/Air Slash is an effective set, but it's Tropius... haha.
Ya, but if you are using sceptile on the same team, then I would recommend SP attacker with sceptile. Subseed seems like an interesting option. Also, Lum berry makes Natural gifts type flying. Maybe he could abuse that with harvest and dragon dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)