Articuno Forever, Hail to the Toxic Snow Cloak (*Peaked 20*)

The Team:

The Rank:

**Updated

The Mission:

Obviously to put Articuno where he belongs, back into the metagame. In essence the idea here is to set up hail safely, let Tentacruel sow the spikes of poison, and then let everyone else pave the way for Articuno to sub, roost, protect (and occasionally) ice beam his way to victory.

Best case scenario: Your opponent is badly poisoned, he is getting hit by hail, he misses every second turn via protect, he needs to get rid of the sub infront of him and possibly miss 20% when I'm not protecting while I hit him with Stab Ice Beam or roosting, rinse and repeat.

Worst case scenario: I'm doing enough damage through status effects (burns, para, poison, freeze) to allow Nite and Articuno to sweep under the hail.

The Movesets:

Abomasnow@ Choice Scarf
Jolly (-SpA, + Speed)
Snow Warning (Induces Permanent Hail)
252 Speed/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def

(Copyright of Moxai)

Ice Punch
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Brick Break

Well, d'oh factor beside, this guy is one of my two physical attackers on the team, the other being nite. When I think it's safe for him to come out, he utilizes his scarf and strikes for Super Effective damage. If not, then setting up hail is a job well done, he can proceed to ice shard and get a good rest.

-------------

Tentacruel@ Air Balloon
Modest (-Atk, +SpA)
Liquid Ooze (Inflicts damages on foes using any draining moves)
252 Def, 252 SpA, 4 Hp

(Copyright of Uchiha_Killer)

Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Scald

As the moveset clearly shows, he spins away bad hazards, he sets up the poison, freeing up a moveslot for Articuno, and if all fails or I just want to finish/damage something, I have those 30% poison/burn stab attacks in hand. The balloon is for those annoying ohko EQs that dominate the metagame, and the EV spreads is trying to give him more bulk on the defensive as well as his natual SpD side. Also, Conk loves to Drain me ;)

------------------------

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant (-SpA, +Atk)
Multiscale (If at full health, damaging moves are reduced by 50%)
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

(Copyright of Nintendo)

Dragon Dance
Extreme Speed
Fire Punch
Outrage

What's a team without a nite? A broken team, that's what (c wut i did thar lulz?1!). This adorable monster ranks up more kills than his entire team mates put together x2, and it's not hard to see why. His MS makes him take all but 3 attacks in the game and survive to dance about it (Boosted Ice Attacks, Outrage and Dracometeor), then proceed to knock you dead with his dragon/fire moveset than only Heatran resists in the entire metagame. Also, if he wasn't put up to take status effects, he is free to Outrage again to OHKO most of your team.

He really is broken, and I couldn't care less. He's my second physical attacker and main sweeper, 'nough said. Good Nite....yes I'm gonna stop punning now.

------------

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Modest (-Atk, +SpA)
Trace (Copies the foes ability on the switch)
252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def

(Copyright of Rainy.ish.the.most.random.of.all's)

Thunder-Wave
Thunderbolt
Tri-Attack
Recover

My zone is a bit different than anyone else, I'm adapting him primarily to be my anti-Genesect wall because let's face it, everyone uses him and he can take out most of your team without any boosts. Its EV spread makes its SpD 400+ while keeping its defenses at a scary 328. No boltbeam combo either, I want to be able to either hit hard with tri-attack (nice 20% chance of random status effect, hence no blizzard or icebeam) or to hit neutrally at least (looking at you heatran, grr).

It also likes to make random pokemons paralized for a hobby and take long recoveries under the snow while others wrench in toxic pain.

Its single ;)

-------------------

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Adamant (-SpA, +Atk)
Poison Heal (Restores a bit of health when poisoned each round)
252 Atk, 212 Def, 44 Speed

(Copyright of Zenryu_18)

Fling
Earthquake
Acrobatics
Ice Fang

I needed a defensive wall to complement porygon2, especially for fighting, outrages and quakeedge pokemon. Fling also plays a nice, indirect role in the whole toxic stall theme, while the speed EVs insure that I outspeed most Jirachis out there.

---------------

Articuno @ Leftovers
Timid (-Atk, +Speed)
Snow Cloak (Raises evasion in hailstorm)
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP

(Copyright of Dr.Puzzle.com)

Substitute
Roost
Protect
Ice Beam

Here she is at least, the queen of all pokemon. It's like a dream to be able to use her again when I tried so hard fitting him in regular BW but failing miserably at it, thank you SR!</sarcasm>

A clever twist on the whole toxic stall idea, she has gained an ability to evade opponents while they get hit by hail, which unlike sand hits all pokemon for damage except ice types (how many are their in a team, 0, maybe 1?). Like I said in the mission, you sub, you protect, then either attack or sub/roost again. Let Snow Cloak do the rest for you along with any other status effect you managed to induce before his late appearance. Icebeam is because Blizzard has a laughable 8 PP, and the EV spread is to outspeed a lot of pokemoon because let's face it, I need my sub and I need to attack first if necassary.

The Threats

1. Gliscor handles him well. Abamasnow if he's leading with it.

2. Porygon2 mainly.

3. Perfect coverage is hard to handle, but porgyon2 takes most of its attacks and cripples it.

4. You can't spell annoying in pokemon without Jirachi, especially under the rain. I'd like to think Gliscor with his EQ would be a good answer to it.

5. Ah yes, the shadow tag demon. The problem is not being able to kill him, but not allowing him to trap Abamasnow for the kill.

Last Words

If I wanted to take this to BW OU, I would replace Articuno with Stallrein and find a place for Frosslass to boltbeam and destiny bond his way to victory. SR is a pain but I can live without removing it, sun teams are handled by lum nite and heatran, rain teams by killing Toad asap and relying on Porygon2, and Sand by demolishing Tar.

Thank you for your time, appreciate any advice. I stopped at rank 20 to type this RMT, I will update if I manage to take this any higher, but for me, mission accomplished.

(Copyright of Plush)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Right now your team is rather Terrakion weak, as its STABs hit 5/6 of your Pokemon super effectively. This is especially troubling if you don't manage to spin hazards away. To remedy this, I would switch your current Abamasnow for a Scarf variant.

Abamasnow | Choice Scarf | 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe | Jolly | Ice Shard | Wood Hammer | Brick Break | Ice Punch / Double Edge

This both gives your team more speed (before Dnite DDs) and allows you to OHKO 4/0 Terrakion with Wood Hammer.

Heaving a choice scarf on Abamasnow is looking very attractive right now when I think about it, especially since I don't actually switch in Abama into other weather inducers so making him slow is pointless.

i battled you today!
we talked about wallrein and stuff.
:D

i beat you 3-0.

heres what i noticed

-shadow tag chandelure wreaked abomasnow. Go with EQ and choice scarf then.
-latios pummeled tentacruel (psyschock)
-genesect screws over half of your team.

no way you peaked at 20. this team is horrible to be blunt. as was said in the beginning, terrakion walks all over your team. So does conkeldurr. not to mention the fact that rotom w walks through half of your team. My advice, start over and make a new team

i battled you today!
we talked about wallrein and stuff.
:D

i beat you 3-0.

heres what i noticed

-shadow tag chandelure wreaked abomasnow. Go with EQ and choice scarf then.
-latios pummeled tentacruel (psyschock)
-genesect screws over half of your team.
Yeah I remember you lol.

Yes, that was back then when I was content with Abama inducing the hailstorm. But now as suggested I put a scarf on him and removed ice shard for EQ.

As for genesect, I have changed my team a bit to included porygon2 after our battle, check it out :)

Also I have opted to change Heatran for Gliscor to answer a couple of my problems.

no way you peaked at 20. this team is horrible to be blunt. as was said in the beginning, terrakion walks all over your team. So does conkeldurr. not to mention the fact that rotom w walks through half of your team. My advice, start over and make a new team
Heh, well he did. Nice try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)