TrickRoom is showing us some new Tricks!

Hey Smogon, this is my first RMT and I've decided to go with my UnderUsed Trick Room Team. Please tell me what you think and please give me some suggestions for changes.

My lead will of course be a trick roomer which will be my Slowbro in this case:

Trolobro (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Sassy
Move 1: Trick Room
Move 2: Slack Off
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Scald
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Explanation: Slowbro is one big son of a gun with his great defenses, Regenerator ability and access to Slack Off. Therefore it's kind of an obvious choice because because of his defenses a Trick Room is almost certain to be set up.

Now, one of two reasons I decided to make a TR team is because of Gigalith. I love his high attack stat and the access to both EQ and Smack Down. I know this is not a popular combo, as most people prefer Stone Edge over Smack Down, but this does give me a chance to hit pokes as Skarm for good damage: use Smack Down to rid Skarm of his Flying-type and then hit with EQ for s/e damage.

CoreClash (Gigalith) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Brave
Move 1: Stone Edge
Move 2: EQ
Move 3: Curse
Move 4: SR / Heavy Slam
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Explanation: Just look at that poke and you can't not think: Oh it looks so Aweshum! :3 Anyway, I love the Curse with the TR up and then of course the Smack Down+EQ combo. I still don't know whether to use Stealth Rock or Heavy Slam, so if you have an idea which is better please tell me :).

Thirdly, the second reason that convinced me to produce a TR team: Escavalier. This poke is so awesome, my normal Escavalier without any attack EVs with a single SD is killing stuff off already so I'm like, why not use one with full attack and a positive nature for attack? It's turned out really great really :) Also, the pokédex entry is so hilarious, it says: they fly around at high speed... Though, Escavalier is one of the slowest pokes. xD Anyway:

KingArthur (Escavalier) @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Pursuit
Move 4: X-Scissor / Megahorn
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Explanation: Well the reason I put both Life Orb and Focus Sash there is the following: Life Orb gives the Brave Nature plus 252 Attack EVs an amazing boost with devastating force. Though, Focus Sash allows Escavalier to stay in on powerful Fire Pokes and Set up a SD on the first turn, after which Escavalier hangs on to the Focus Sash and can kill the opponent with a +2 Attack :D. Plus, he resists a lot of types, almost all types that the pokes on my team are weak to.

The next poke I've chosen is mostly as a sweeper and to cover up for the ground-type weakness of my Gigalith. I'm talking about Eelektross of course :). Though he is UglyAsShit, he functions well as a sweeper :D.

UglyAsShit (Eelektross) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Quiet
Move 1: Acid Spray
Move 2: Charge Beam
Move 3: Volt Switch
Move 4: HP Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

Explanation: Well, as I said, Eelektross is just a sweeper and counter to Ground-types. The reason I chose Charge Beam over Tbolt/Thunder is just because I don't want the speed reducing para hax on my foe and I have a 70% chance to raise my SpA :D.

Fifthly, I've chosen for a poke that's supposed to be very good so I decided to try it out: Victini!

Victini @ Life Orb
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break
-Trick Room
EVs: 252 Atk / 84 Def / 172 SpD

So, the next mastermind in these series is... Cofagrigus! As a great wall and status inflicter, it's a great asset :).

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
Nature: Bold
Move 1: Psychic
Move 2: Haze
Move 3: Trick Room
Move 4: Hex
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD

Explanation: A good wall and immune to the fighting-type moves Gigalith and Snorlax are weak to :) 'nuff said! ;)

Well, this was my first RMT so tell me what you think and please give me some tips for improving :).

Changes (in Bold):
-Switched out Smack Down for Stone Edge on Gigalith.
-Switched out Snorlax for Victini.
-Switched out W-O-W for Psychic on Cofagrigus (Because I often find myself in situations where I'm opposing a Normal type when Cof is my Last Poke...).
-Switched out Rest for Trick Room on Cofagrigus.

WTF is wrong with your Elektross... Why not just go physical and ditch a different physical Pokemon? Cough cough snorlax

A huge problem with this team, if you want it to be a trick room team is you have only one trick roomer. You definitely need more if you want to dedicate to trick room. You can always use a trick room victini set which works wonders, plus he sets up trick room. something like this would work:

Victini@Life Orb
Brave Nature
252hp/252atk/4def (Evs need work but you get the point)
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break
-Trick Room

Something like this should work, i dont know the exact evs and all or the exact moveset although the above moves should work. Use victini over snorlax or gigalith. Also cofagrigus can learn trick room so why not use it on him too? That way you dont have to switch out another pokemon. I would switch out rest for trick room. Hope this helps

EDIT: On your gigalith you mention hitting skarm whe nthis is UU an he is in OU. So if you decide to keep him and replace snorlax with victini, use stone edge. There isnt anything you need to use smack down on in UU iirc.

A huge problem with this team, if you want it to be a trick room team is you have only one trick roomer. You definitely need more if you want to dedicate to trick room. You can always use a trick room victini set which works wonders, plus he sets up trick room. something like this would work:

Victini@Life Orb
Brave Nature
252hp/252atk/4def (Evs need work but you get the point)
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break
-Trick Room

Something like this should work, i dont know the exact evs and all or the exact moveset although the above moves should work. Use victini over snorlax or gigalith. Also cofagrigus can learn trick room so why not use it on him too? That way you dont have to switch out another pokemon. I would switch out rest for trick room. Hope this helps

EDIT: On your gigalith you mention hitting skarm whe nthis is UU an he is in OU. So if you decide to keep him and replace snorlax with victini, use stone edge. There isnt anything you need to use smack down on in UU iirc.
Okay thanx, I'll try it out ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)