I've got a $1000 to burn, what should I buy?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well technically I have 725, since i'm buying a ton of games in november/december (skyrim, skyward sword, mario kart, super mario land 3D, gears,UMVC3 etc)

I was thinking of getting the amazon kindle fire. I've always wanted a tablet and that price is pretty neat.

Ignoring the video games you're going to get, you should buy something that you could only get with $700 or so. As in, buy 1 $700 thing instead of 10 $70 dollar things because at a later date it will be a lot easier to produce $70 if needed but you might not get another $700 opportunity for a while. Just a thought

I could be a nice girl for that kinda money.
Hahaha

I read the thread title and was in all seriousness going to recommend the 3DS/Kindle Fire.

You seem to have all your dollars mapped out well

Well technically I have 725, since i'm buying a ton of games in november/december (skyrim, skyward sword, mario kart, super mario land 3D, gears etc)

I was thinking of getting the amazon kindle fire. I've always wanted a tablet and that price is pretty neat.
htc just dropped the price of their tablet (the Flyer, i think it's called) to $299 (was $499) in response to the kindle fire
I would expect many tablet producers (samsung, acer, asus) to follow suit within the next month. If you're looking into tablets, wait it out a bit.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
New clothes? new shoes? new threads are awesome.

uhh, get 72,500 pennies??

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I said it on IRC last night but I'll repeat myself:

I swear to GOD if you spend this money on an iPad 2 I'll slap you relentlessly from now to ever.

Also, if I had that money atm, it would all go towards my textbooks for next semester tbh :x

But, if you don't want to be responsible I would def buy any game your heart desires.

There are some wonderful responses in this thread
I dunno, I would save some of it, but since you do say you have it to "burn..." Hm. I would get something you've been wanting for awhile but has never been your top priority. Things like that are always cool to buy when you have spare money that you don't need to spend on important things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)