DP Research Thread #1 ("Old")

Status
Not open for further replies.
does sandstorm alter castform to rock type, if so would it gain 50% sp def boost or merely just rock type change, that gives me several ideas about castform's viablity

Interesting. Does this happen with normal Spikes as well? What about Stealth Rock?

EDIT: Could it be that Roselia is unaffected by Toxic Spikes, being a Poison-type? Maybe they weren't blown away after all, they were just not affecting Roselia.
No. There was a message that they were removed... I used Toxic Spikes after that another 2 times and they didn't failed....

@AzureWraith: Castform didn't change to Rock in Adv, iirc, but that might has changed....

1v1 battle:

Mukkuhawk used Double Team!
Mukkuhawk's evasion rose!
Ponyta used Tail Whip!
Mukkuhawk avoided the attack!

The theory that it says "[Pokemon] avoided the attack!" in 1v1 if the move hits both opponents in 2v2 seems possible, but it's still kind of weird.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know, whether it was noticed earlier, but my Toxic Spikes were blown away as my opponent brought Roselia in. Maybe because it's a poison type. I don't know whether Steels blow away, though, but Levitators don't.
I heard something like this when Toxic Spikes were first experimented with, but no further conclusive testing was done. I think it's time for a little more testing.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Furthermore, does the Poison-type have to be hit by the Toxic Spikes? Or can you absorb the Toxic Spikes by switching in Gengar or Crobat?

They get absorbed by switching in a Poison Type, not sure about Gengar or Crobat, as they are Levitators... Maybe only those Poisons that normally would get poisoned are able to absorb Toxic Spikes... Btw, Steelix didn't blew away Toxic Spikes, and in a Double Battle, both opponents fields are covered at once.....

I don't know if this has been discovered, but I used U-turn on Jirachi, sent in a CBStaraptor, and it would only let me use U-turn on Staraptor.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That hasn't been known, and is a big discovery. Thanks.

Can you test what happens when you send in a CB Staraptor that doesn't have U-Turn?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
CB Staraptor uses U-Turn
Sent out CB Metagross.
Metagross does not have U-Turn. It can use any attack.

CB Staraptor uses U-Turn
Sent out CB Gliscor
Gliscor has U-Turn. It is stuck on U-Turn.

Non-CB Staraptor uses U-Turn
Sent out CB Gliscor
Gliscor has U-Turn. It is stuck on U-Turn.

CB Gliscor uses U-Turn
Sent out Non-CB Staraptor
Staraptor has U-Turn. It can use any attack.

Any other cases you want tested?

Driftblim avoided Rock Slide!

I'd say that confirms it. Attacks that hit both opponents in 2v2 will have a "Pokemon avoided the attack!" message in 1v1 rather than the normal "The attack missed!" message.

Also, WTF at the U-Turn thing. It shouldn't come up much, but it's weird.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just found that Wake-Up Slap and Submission both work on pokemon that are Flying (in the middle of using Fly).

Team Rocket Elite

I just found that Wake-Up Slap and Submission both work on pokemon that are Flying (in the middle of using Fly).

No Guard bypasses the Fly/Dig/Bounce/Shadow Force attack evasion thing.

I assume you mean on Pokemon not named Machamp, correct? I only ask because I think Poliwrath is the only other guy with Submission.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The text located under the Pokemon's nature and where it was caught is based on the poke's IVs. I just got a Palkia who's text says "Proud of its power.", and it has 30 IVs in attack.

Edit: I also just encountered one with text that says "Sturdy body.", and it has perfect IVs in Defense.
Could someone make a list of all the descriptions and the IV they are associated with?

I transferred Heracross, Salamence, and Tyranitar from my Emerald version and they all have flawless attack. And they all "like to thrash about".

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I think someone mentioned the text is dependent on the IV mod 5. So IVs 31, 26, 21, 16, etc. should "like to thrash about".

Does Substitute still block Rapid Spin?

Could someone test the Enigma, Custap, Jaboca, and Rowap berries?

What I assume to be their English in-game text can be found at the bottom of this page: http://www.serebii.net/berrydex-dp/

I don't know if they've already been tested, but they seem very interesting...

Edit: Did this post quintuple itself?

it seems that aqua ring is a 5 turn move that only works on it user (havn't yet tested this in 2v2) healing seems to be 1/8 of max HP not 1/16 like ingrain it does let the user switch BUT it'll cancel the move

Team Rocket Elite

Just tested Aqua Ring:

Lumineon (103 HP) used Aqua Ring!
Bidoof used Tackle!
Aqua Ring restored Lumineon's HP! *6 HP is healed*

It seems to be 1/16, and I also tried to wait out the Aqua Ring, but it did not wear off, or at least it does not with the next 20 turns assuming that you did not switch.

A little thing I noticed. Serebii states that Miracle eye "Removes dark type's psychic immunity and resets foe's evasiveness". But ingame it says ghost instead of dark.

I assumed that Serebii made a typo, yet it seems strange that this move, learned by psychic types, affects ghost instead of darks.

Edit: Aqua Ring seems to last untill switch. I had a long stall war vs Cynthia's Milotic when it used Aqua Ring and all I had was a Empoleon with Drill Peck, and it never wore out.

no it works like serebii says there are a few mistranslations it seems on nintendos like Rock tomb saying it flinchs in its TM list discription yet having its old ADV discription for learned pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)