5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

If a nature I am looking for is bolded, will it show up as that nature or will it only show up that nature when I syncronize for it?

So I'm back to RNGing, and I'm having the same problem as before. I hit my seed, do X amount of flips, get my desired IV spread, but the frame doesn't match.

Example, see the following pictures:

Encounter Slots for Route 5: 2 / 3
Sassy nature
~ Stench (Ability 0)
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
HP [Fire] 70
Aimiing for Frame 54, so I did 10 flips, hoping to get lucky the first try.

What am I doing wrong?
It is March in the game, the game displays Autumn when I boot it up.

I have successfully RNG'd on this file before, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Deerling, 31/31/30/30/30/30 Litwick, and 31/31/31/31/31/31 Buizel will all attest to that.

If I view the Chatot summary by flipping between Chatot with a custom Chatter and a random, will that screw with the PIDRNG? Should I just check summary, exit, and repeat instead?

^ It might be just wandering NPCs messing up your frames. Since your starting frame is 41 and you're doing 10 flips, it looks like you haven't calibrated for NPCs yet.

Well, after several days of issues I FINALLY figured out that the reason I was having so much grief, was because I wasn't calculating the Shifted Starting Frame properly!!!...

Somehow I knew it was going to end up being something like that.

Alright, so I am aiming to get a gift pokemon and there is an NPC where I am at. The frame I need is 156, and my start is 49. I chattered 107 times and mashed my buttons to get it before the NPC moved. My IV's were wrong, so I must have missed my seed. But what bothers me is that I got the nature I wanted, but the wrong ability. I checked the output box and there is no result that is even remotely close to what I wanted and what I actually got. Any thoughts?

Alright, so I am aiming to get a gift pokemon and there is an NPC where I am at. The frame I need is 156, and my start is 49. I chattered 107 times and mashed my buttons to get it before the NPC moved. My IV's were wrong, so I must have missed my seed. But what bothers me is that I got the nature I wanted, but the wrong ability. I checked the output box and there is no result that is even remotely close to what I wanted and what I actually got. Any thoughts?
the way I did it was that, when I first start the game up after setting the date and time and whatnot, I mash the X Button to bring up the menu, but I didn't do any Chatot flips, instead I press B to exit the menu and IMMEDIATELY hammered the A Button to talk to the Old man as fast as I could and got the egg, then I hatched it and compared it to any frames near my "Calculated Initial PIDRING Frame" and used the frame that matched as my Shifted Starting Frame instead of the one that was Calculated and depending on how many frames away from my original starting frame my shifted frame was, I subtracted the number difference from my Chatot Flips.

For Example, my original Starting Frame was 42, I then hatched my Egg and matched the Gender/Nature/Characteristic and IV's (after spamming rare candies) to any nearby frames, in this case I got Frame 46, witch is my Shifted Starting Frame, now my target Frame was 72 meaning I needed to do 30 Chatot Flips originally, but now that I know what my Shifted Starting Frame is I instead now need to do 26 Chatot Flips.

Hopefully this will help you out in some way or another

So I'm trying to find my SSF, boot the game at the given time, switch my Sweet Scenter to the first slot, catch the first pokemon, and I'm not hitting my seed. I've done this at least 7 times, nothing, and yet I tried one more time, didn't move my Sweet Scenter to the first slot, caught the first poke, and had managed to hit my seed -____-

Yes, both replies very helpful!

If you missed your seed then you're not going to find any results that were close to your target.
I thought the seed was just for IV's, but corrected now with this info.

the way I did it was that, when I first start the game up after setting the date and time and whatnot, I mash the X Button to bring up the menu, but I didn't do any Chatot flips, instead I press B to exit the menu and IMMEDIATELY hammered the A Button to talk to the Old man as fast as I could and got the egg, then I hatched it and compared it to any frames near my "Calculated Initial PIDRING Frame" and used the frame that matched as my Shifted Starting Frame instead of the one that was Calculated and depending on how many frames away from my original starting frame my shifted frame was, I subtracted the number difference from my Chatot Flips.

For Example, my original Starting Frame was 42, I then hatched my Egg and matched the Gender/Nature/Characteristic and IV's (after spamming rare candies) to any nearby frames, in this case I got Frame 46, witch is my Shifted Starting Frame, now my target Frame was 72 meaning I needed to do 30 Chatot Flips originally, but now that I know what my Shifted Starting Frame is I instead now need to do 26 Chatot Flips.

Hopefully this will help you out in some way or another
Extremely helpful for this attempt and any future attempts. Thanks for the responses! =)
Also, I wanted to stress how important that sentence you put really was. It saved me so much time and effort! I just did this and was successful after my first attempt doing this!

If I went to the P2 laboratory to fish RNG, do I have to worry about just the one NPC in the grass of the P2 laboratory, or all the NPC on that entire route? (like the ones in the water and the ones on the other island)

P2 Lab is a separate place, so just the one. But that one moves in a fixed pattern so it doesn't advance the PID RNG frame (Iirc). So that means there aren't going to be any NPCs interfering with your frame :)

So if a NPC has a fixed movement, it does't mess with the PIDRNG? Whereas those that are totally random do mess the PIDRNG

Ok, so just encountered the largest problem I've had yet. I did everything perfectly, I know it. I was focused entirely on the whole process. I did my 172 chatters, then went fishing immediatly. Didn't take any steps or turns, and there are no WNPC at P2 Lab. But when I fished, nothing showed up. So I threw my reel again and caught the pokemon that showed up and compared it to the output on reporter. the pokemon I got was listed two frames after the one I aimed for. What's up with that?

Alright, let me try that. But any thought on why a poke wouldn't show up on the first fish? there are pokes on all the frames right around it

I haven't RNG'd or visited this thread since November, and I see that there have been lots of new discoveries made since then. Could someone please direct me to info on:

• DSi/3DS
  • PID/Characteristics for Entralink Pokémon
  • R/S breeding (with a dead internal battery)
  • 3rd gen Method H
  • 3rd gen encounter slots
  • Colosseum/XD
Thanks!

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I haven't RNG'd or visited this thread since November, and I see that there have been lots of new discoveries made since then. Could someone please direct me to info on:

• R/S breeding (with a dead internal battery)
  • Colosseum/XD
Thanks!
No RS Breeding.
No Collo/XD without emu/ram hacking

Fishing advances the RNG I think (to see if you catch something), try doing one less Chatter.
Ok, new results to report. I hit my seed, confirmed with a calculator online, and did what you suggested. this time, it said "not even a nibble" twice, then a poke appeared on the third try. I caught and compared it to the output list on reporter, and this one was 7 frames after my target. I don't know what is happening =/

I never figured out what was going wrong, but I searched for different months with my specifics and found a different one. I hit the seed and did the required chatters and got the poke I wanted. Although the other matter was left unresolved...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)