5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Can someone explain to me how frame advancing works? I've been trying to catch a Terrakion thats in 'Frame 3' according to the latest version on RNGReporter, Now I tried saving 2 times to advance the frame by 1 each and not getting the results. I've been pretty consistent with hitting my seed with Virizion and Cobalion which required no frame advancement in their case, what am I doing wrong?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
There are two kinds of frame advancing.

The first one is the PIDRNG frame advancing. You use this one when you're breeding and/or you're catching a pokemon that has the IVs on frame 1. You can advance these frames by saving and/or listening to a customized chatter. Wandering NPCs and walking/turning on areas with wild pokemon also advance these frames.

The other one is the IV frame. You use this one to advance to the frame that has the IVs you want on your pokemon. This is your case!!!. To advance the IV frame you have to walk 128 steps. Keep in mind that the frames advanced will be equal to the number of pokemon in your party. Since the IVs for the pokemon you want are on frame 3 you will have to walk 128 steps with two pokemon only.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask OD (and other mods/overseers of this thread. But, I feel that (potential) users of PPRNG could use a specific guide for their RNG endeavors. There are some differences between RNG Reporter that I believe would warrant a separate guide to go along the one on sight. This is especially true for Entralink abuse and 4th Gen abuse.

In short, this my be an odd request, but looking for people who are proficient with using PPRNG as their method of RNG abuse, preferably including using 4th Gen abuse on it (plus major props if understanding Entralink abuse using it too).

I ran into the same problem I did last time :/. I calibrate my delay, but my delay stays the same and it's about 100 off of my target. I am constantly having to mess with the EonTimer so I can hit my standard seed so that may be the problem. I am constantly having to change the target seconds and EL Calibration to be exact. If more information is need or a screen shot I can try to provide it.

I ran into the same problem I did last time :/. I calibrate my delay, but my delay stays the same and it's about 100 off of my target. I am constantly having to mess with the EonTimer so I can hit my standard seed so that may be the problem. I am constantly having to change the target seconds and EL Calibration to be exact. If more information is need or a screen shot I can try to provide it.
o.o

If you've calibrated your delay before, then you should be able to still hit delays close to your target. I'm not sure how you could be hitting delays 100 off your target if your calibrated delay in Eon timer is the same :/

Did you change your calibrated delay on accident? If not then Idk what the problem is. I guess you could try posting snap shots here if you think you put in something wrong.

o.o

If you've calibrated your delay before, then you should be able to still hit delays close to your target. I'm not sure how you could be hitting delays 100 off your target if your calibrated delay in Eon timer is the same :/

Did you change your calibrated delay on accident? If not then Idk what the problem is. I guess you could try posting snap shots here if you think you put in something wrong.
I am running through everything again. If I don't get it this time, I will post a screen shot of everything.

EDIT: While I am at it, (I am sure I am getting a bit annoying because I have been explained to before) what's the point of finding the new standard seed if you do nothing with it? Or am I missing something.

I am running through everything again. If I don't get it this time, I will post a screen shot of everything.

EDIT: While I am at it, (I am sure I am getting a bit annoying because I have been explained to before) what's the point of finding the new standard seed if you do nothing with it? Or am I missing something.
No, you're not annoying! If I was annoyed I would've stopped helping you by now :p

What do you mean "do nothing with it"? You use the standard seed to get your target nature, since the PIDs are determined by the standard seed you hit. Are you talking about the new C-Gear seed? If you are, then the point of that seed is for Entralink Seed Search to find you standard seeds that work with your Eon timer's calibration. If you don't adjust the C-Gear seed in that window, then it will search assuming your calibrated delay is 0 (or somewhere close to that). Outside of the Entralink Seed Search you don't use the new C-Gear seed.

If that's not what you were talking about, please let me know :o

No, you're not annoying! If I was annoyed I would've stopped helping you by now :p

What do you mean "do nothing with it"? You use the standard seed to get your target nature, since the PIDs are determined by the standard seed you hit. Are you talking about the new C-Gear seed? If you are, then the point of that seed is for Entralink Seed Search to find you standard seeds that work with your Eon timer's calibration. If you don't adjust the C-Gear seed in that window, then it will search assuming your calibrated delay is 0 (or somewhere close to that). Outside of the Entralink Seed Search you don't use the new C-Gear seed.

If that's not what you were talking about, please let me know :o
Well that's good :D.

Oh my god... I feel stupid now :O *facepalm* Well that solves one of my problems.

But how do I still hit my delay for the IVs? Just entering the Target seconds to my actual C-Gear seed?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well that's good :D.

Oh my god... I feel stupid now :O *facepalm* Well that solves one of my problems.

But how do I still hit my delay for the IVs? Just entering the Target seconds to my actual C-Gear seed?
Yes, that and the delay and you should be good.

Hiya, I'm hoping someone would spare a few minutes to help me get my head round RNG breeding in Gen 5 please.
I've successfully followed the guides on here to master stationary\wild captures on RNG Reporter 9.95 but am finding the guides difficult to follow for breeding as things seem quite different on 9.95.
I'm not trying to get a shiny, just a certain IV spread.

So far I've caught a flawless Ditto with the right nature (Brave) and have it in the Daycare holding an Everstone with a Male Makuhita, have an Egg waiting to be picked up from the Daycare man and am saved ready to pick it straight up.

I've got an IV(Standard Seed) spread on the Capture tab, Frame 8, Gift Pokemon. Everything else is left set to Any but I just can't seem to hit the Seed. I pick the Egg up by hammering A and then catch a Poke from the grass by the Daycare using Sweet Scent but neither the Egg when hatched or the wild Poke seem to have any max IVs at all.
I have 4 Pokes in my party before picking the Egg up.

I'm thinking as RNG Reporter 9.95 is different from the guides I should be using the Eggs tab in the 5th Gen Timefinder instead of Capture\Gift Pokemon but this is where I'm totally lost!
The Timefinder brings up thousands of results, all of them with really high frames which I don't understand how hit before picking the Egg up as with all the Wandering NPCs on Route 3 surely it will mess with the PIDRNG differently everytime and I wont be able to use the Breeding (BW) section on the main RNG Reporter page to advance the PIDRNG frame to get the Nature\Ability etc I'm after?

I have the Mother IVs as the flawless Ditto, Father IVs blank. Everstone dropdown menu is set to Brave nature, Show Inheritance and Ditto Parent are both ticked. IV spread is set to what I'm looking for and everything else is left as is.
I'm really struggling with this :(

I don't really understand what the Min\Max Advances bit means on the 5th Gen Timefinder Eggs tab.
I thought I had got to look for a Frame 8 seed due to the Daycare man increasing the frame by 7 when you get the Egg off him.
No matter what I put in the Advances bit the frame column is never even close to that, so I can't say I understand what information is being shown in the Frame column either! When I copy the seed into the Breeding (BW) section on the main page the frame it gives doesn't seem to match the Frame given in the column in the 5th Gen timefinder Eggs tab either.

Hope this makes sense, I'm finding this quite difficult.

Okay so I'm having a problem with my most recent RNG attempt. First of all, I'm no noob at RNGing. I've been doing it since 4th gen.

Anyway, I'm trying to do ID/SID abuse at the start of the game and get a shiny starter. So I found a suitable IV seed and entered into the main RNG to find a PID frame that I wanted to be shiny. I took that seed and frame to Pandora's Box and just picked a random ID with "True" next to it. The frame advancement step is what is frustrating me though. The first guide I read instructed me to just subtract the initial frame from the target frame in Pandora's box and do my advancements (by saying no to your name to Prof. Juniper). I did that and got some random ID that wasn't the one I picked. After researching some more I found another guide and it said the initial frame in P Box would most likely be wrong, so I should get an ID without advancing and input that into P Box and click "Find Seed Hit". Every time I click this it gives me a seed that matches the one that I was supposed to hit and it gives me a frame number for the ID I received. I use this as the initial frame and advance accordingly to hit my target frame, but I still get the wrong ID. Any idea what is/isn't happening to make me not get the right ID?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hiya, I'm hoping someone would spare a few minutes to help me get my head round RNG breeding in Gen 5 please.
I've successfully followed the guides on here to master stationary\wild captures on RNG Reporter 9.95 but am finding the guides difficult to follow for breeding as things seem quite different on 9.95.
I'm not trying to get a shiny, just a certain IV spread.

So far I've caught a flawless Ditto with the right nature (Brave) and have it in the Daycare holding an Everstone with a Male Makuhita, have an Egg waiting to be picked up from the Daycare man and am saved ready to pick it straight up.
I would recommend NOT using an everstone, it will make finding your shifted frame a lot easier.

I've got an IV(Standard Seed) spread on the Capture tab, Frame 8, Gift Pokemon. Everything else is left set to Any but I just can't seem to hit the Seed. I pick the Egg up by hammering A and then catch a Poke from the grass by the Daycare using Sweet Scent but neither the Egg when hatched or the wild Poke seem to have any max IVs at all.
I have 4 Pokes in my party before picking the Egg up.
Capture tab? You find the seeds using the eggs tab next to it. Forget about frame 8 for the moment, that's information that confuses many people and it's not necessary until later on. Go to the eggs time and fill out all the information and choose another seed.

I'm thinking as RNG Reporter 9.95 is different from the guides I should be using the Eggs tab in the 5th Gen Timefinder instead of Capture\Gift Pokemon but this is where I'm totally lost!
The Timefinder brings up thousands of results, all of them with really high frames which I don't understand how hit before picking the Egg up as with all the Wandering NPCs on Route 3 surely it will mess with the PIDRNG differently everytime and I wont be able to use the Breeding (BW) section on the main RNG Reporter page to advance the PIDRNG frame to get the Nature\Ability etc I'm after?
You advance the PIDRNG using a customized chatter. The first time you hit your seed is just to see how many frames the npcs advance for you, after you know this you'll be able to know how many advances YOU have to do.

I have the Mother IVs as the flawless Ditto, Father IVs blank. Everstone dropdown menu is set to Brave nature, Show Inheritance and Ditto Parent are both ticked. IV spread is set to what I'm looking for and everything else is left as is.
I'm really struggling with this :(
Is this in the main page? I would recommend not filling out the IVs there because you'll be skipping some frames.

I don't really understand what the Min\Max Advances bit means on the 5th Gen Timefinder Eggs tab.
You say you keep getting high frames right? The min/max advances tells rng reporter how many advances you want to do. I would set them to 5/50. 5 Because there are npcs in the area that might advance some frames.

I thought I had got to look for a Frame 8 seed due to the Daycare man increasing the frame by 7 when you get the Egg off him.
Frame 8 tells you the ivs that will be randomly inherited to the egg, The reporter already takes this into account though so you don't need to worry about it.

No matter what I put in the Advances bit the frame column is never even close to that, so I can't say I understand what information is being shown in the Frame column either! When I copy the seed into the Breeding (BW) section on the main page the frame it gives doesn't seem to match the Frame given in the column in the 5th Gen timefinder Eggs tab either.

Hope this makes sense, I'm finding this quite difficult.
A few screenshots might be helpful.

After researching some more I found another guide and it said the initial frame in P Box would most likely be wrong, so I should get an ID without advancing and input that into P Box and click "Find Seed Hit". Every time I click this it gives me a seed that matches the one that I was supposed to hit and it gives me a frame number for the ID I received. I use this as the initial frame and advance accordingly to hit my target frame, but I still get the wrong ID. Any idea what is/isn't happening to make me not get the right ID?
Did you say no to Juniper when she asked about your name? The frame will not advance if you say no to her about your gender. Also, make sure you try more than a few times. You might have just hit the wrong timer0 a few times in a row.

Alright so when looking for the new standard seed I should be looking for the seconds Eontimer gives my correct? Well I look and none of the seeds give me a viable time.

Alright so when looking for the new standard seed I should be looking for the seconds Eontimer gives my correct? Well I look and none of the seeds give me a viable time.
Two questions:

1. How did you come to the conclusion that, with your calibrated delay, you are 5 seconds off? 5 seconds seems like a lot so maybe you did something wrong here.
  2. Can you give me an example time of a seed that Entralink Seed Search gives you, and also the C-Gear target time for it? Then, tell me what you put into Eon Timer (or paste a snapshot of Eon timer and Entralink Seed Search next to each other).

Two questions:

1. How did you come to the conclusion that, with your calibrated delay, you are 5 seconds off? 5 seconds seems like a lot so maybe you did something wrong here.
  2. Can you give me an example time of a seed that Entralink Seed Search gives you, and also the C-Gear target time for it? Then, tell me what you put into Eon Timer (or paste a snapshot of Eon timer and Entralink Seed Search next to each other).
Alright so I redid the whole thing because of confusion and me turning my laptop off. So with my seed [B4A55966] I entered the times into Eontimer and found that the standard seed that "Entralink Seed Search" gives me is 3 seconds off of what I wanted it to be. So my new C-Gear seed would be [B1A55966] which is simple enough.

Not sure if this was all you were asking for.

Not sure if this was all you were asking for.
I see where you're going wrong. See how the C-Gear target time is 5:57:36? You need to add 3 to the 36, since that's how much you decreased the Y value by in the C-Gear seed. Also, how are you off by 3 seconds? I think you figured this out wrong.

Here's what I do to find out how many seconds I'm off by:

Look at the time Eon Timer shows you with your calibrated delay input. Any second works. Also, round to the second nearest whole. Then, change your calibration to 0 and see how much the timer changed by (again, round). I use a calibration of -80 as well and I'm only off by 1 second, so Idk how you got that you were 3 seconds off :x

If you're confused let me know!

Hey, everyone. I'm new to Smogon, but not necessarily RNGing. I started out on Serebii and I've been very successful. Lately, though, I haven't been very active in RNGing. Serebii is sort of dead, and I'm not getting much support. So first off, my specs. I'm using the original DS, I'm running Pokémon White, I have made sure my parameters are correct, I have the right TID/SID, and I'm using the latest version of PPRNG on Mac OS X Lion. I haven't lost my ability to successfully RNG a wild Pokémon. I just tested my abilities on a Durant and I was very successful. My problem, though, comes in when I attempt to egg RNG. This is my preferred way to RNG, but yet for the life of me I can't do it anymore. I'm confident I'm hitting my seeds. My Durant can attest to the fact I know what I'm doing, but yet I'm having no luck. There have been some changes to the way PPRNG works with the Egg Seed Finder and the Standard Seed Inspector since I've last used the program. I can't really necessarily pinpoint my direct problem with it so I was hoping that someone could give me a quick crash course on how to egg RNG. Thanks in advance! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)