5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I do understand on how to find a seed and everything, but there have been some additions and some things removed in PPRNG that I'm not used to. For instance, in the Egg Seed Searcher window, there's a column titled "HA" and some of the rows beneath it are checked and some aren't. I don't understand this. Then, I have difficulty finding my initial PID frame. The new versions of PPRNG tell you what it is, but I remember in a past update that this number isn't accurate with eggs, only standard seeds. I also used to use the Adjacents screen under the Standard Seed Inspector window to find my initial PID frame. Now I can't with the newest version. I'm really looking for someone who can show me the alternatives for this.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I do understand on how to find a seed and everything, but there have been some additions and some things removed in PPRNG that I'm not used to. For instance, in the Egg Seed Searcher window, there's a column titled "HA" and some of the rows beneath it are checked and some aren't. I don't understand this. Then, I have difficulty finding my initial PID frame. The new versions of PPRNG tell you what it is, but I remember in a past update that this number isn't accurate with eggs, only standard seeds. I also used to use the Adjacents screen under the Standard Seed Inspector window to find my initial PID frame. Now I can't with the newest version. I'm really looking for someone who can show me the alternatives for this.
HA is Hidden Ability, meaning if the mother has it and isn't Ditto the offspring will too. Actually, eggs are a form of standard seed, and the initial frame is just as accurate for them as any other type of RNG, but there are NPCs on Route 3 that will advance 3-5 extra frames (assuming you button mash into the menu right after the season screen fades). If you miss it, you have to use the nature, gender, inheritance pattern, and so on of the hatched Pokémon to determine what frame you actually hit and compensate accordingly.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HA = Hidden Ability (replaces DW = Dream World). Checkmarks just mean yes for that particular frame. And PPRNG has always told you the initial frame of a seed, but it's always been wrong for eggs. You've always had to determine the initial PID for eggs yourself.

Edit: Ninja'd by the pimp. :3

Okay. I must not be mashing fast enough then, lol, or something. It was mainly the Adjacents thing that was messing with my mind because I was sooo used to using it and now I really can't. But what PPRNG tells me is the initial PID frame is accurate? That's good to know because as I said, there was a time it wasn't for eggs. I guess I'll give it a shot again. I'll post if I have a continuation of problems. Thanks!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
It's completely accurate, but since the NPCs will throw it off all it really does is tell you what range you should be looking at for your shifted starting frame. What I generally do (or did before figuring out Chatot pitches, at least) is aim for the target frame minus 4. Usually gets it right away (barring Timer0 trolling), and even if I'm off it's still easy to tell how many more or fewer Chatters to do the next time.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Chatot's cry changes in pitch depending on the RNG (which is why it advances the frame). Each frame lists the pitch of that cry on a scale of 1 to 100 (bigger number = higher pitch), so if you have a good ear you can tell if you hit your seed and/or what frame you're on by comparing the pitches you hear to the listed pattern.

Call me crazy, but that makes sense. Has this Chatot pitch always been a part of the game but only recently (roughly 2-4 patches ago) implemented in PPRNG? Because I've always thought to myself that sometimes my Chatots' calls don't sound 100% the same.

Edit: I guess I could be just saying this now because I understand what you mean, but I do believe I have noticed this in the past but never made anything of it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The difference between the high and low pitches should be obvious to pretty much anyone, so it's not surprising that you noticed it even if you didn't realize it could be made use of. It's actually been possible ever since Chatot was introduced in Diamond and Pearl, but only recently deciphered for RNG purposes.

Call me crazy, but that makes sense. Has this Chatot pitch always been a part of the game but only recently (roughly 2-4 patches ago) implemented in PPRNG? Because I've always thought to myself that sometimes my Chatots' calls don't sound 100% the same.

Edit: I guess I could be just saying this now because I understand what you mean, but I do believe I have noticed this in the past but never made anything of it.
Yeah, it was recently added to both RNG Reporter and PPRNG.

Edit: Ninja'd. Also...

The difference between the high and low pitches should be obvious to pretty much anyone
Except me ;-;

I see where you're going wrong. See how the C-Gear target time is 5:57:36? You need to add 3 to the 36, since that's how much you decreased the Y value by in the C-Gear seed. Also, how are you off by 3 seconds? I think you figured this out wrong.

Here's what I do to find out how many seconds I'm off by:

Look at the time Eon Timer shows you with your calibrated delay input. Any second works. Also, round to the second nearest whole. Then, change your calibration to 0 and see how much the timer changed by (again, round). I use a calibration of -80 as well and I'm only off by 1 second, so Idk how you got that you were 3 seconds off :x

If you're confused let me know!
Alright thanks so much for the explanation. So for the time I was off, I am actually 2 off? If I am rounding of course.

I am most likely going to find more questions to ask though.

Thank you Cereza!
Your information, re-reading the guides and a couple more hours and I finally got it!
Now to do a couple more for practice before I have a go at Entralink/C-Gear RNG (^_^)

Did you say no to Juniper when she asked about your name? The frame will not advance if you say no to her about your gender. Also, make sure you try more than a few times. You might have just hit the wrong timer0 a few times in a row.
Yeah I made sure I was saying no about my name. And I did try multiple times with both methods.

Yeah I made sure I was saying no about my name. And I did try multiple times with both methods.
When you said that PBox's Seed Finder told you that you hit your seed, are you sure it was the right timer0 as well? Maybe you hit the wrong timer0 and you've been using the wrong initial frame this whole time. Try hitting your seed again with 0 advancements and see if you get a different I than last time.

If you're sure you got the right timer0, try hitting your seed again with the right amount of advancements, then plug the ID you get into Seed Finder and see what frame you're hitting. Then adjust your advancements again.

Is there a full Entralink PIDRNG abuse guide yet? If so could someone please link me?
No, unfortunately. Zari and Princess Emily are probably busy so they're making slow progress with their guides; I'm considering writing one but it would take a while to finish since I procrastinate a lot...

For now I would look over Zari/PE's unfinished guides so you can get an idea of what it's like, then come here and ask any questions you have.

Gen V mode, check C-Gear and Entralink.
Target Seconds = The seconds value for the CGear seed that Entralink Seed Search gives you + 5;
Noobish question but why the +5?
I havent been using this and been struggling so gonna try it now.
Trying my first entrlink on my arceus.

Okay, so for Entralink nature abusers:

I'm slightly confused on using Eontimer's third generation timer for nature abuse. There's a Pre-Timer field and a target frame field. I have time values for my desired PID from RNGreporter by using the Gen V PIDRNG in the main window. How do I use Eontimer to hit these time values? I was thinking divide the time by 60 to get a delay of sorts, but I would have no idea how to handle the Pre-Timer field if I did that, so can anyone set me straight?

This is for a video by the way, so if I can get this down, I can start recording at some point when I'm home.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so for Entralink nature abusers:

I'm slightly confused on using Eontimer's third generation timer for nature abuse. There's a Pre-Timer field and a target frame field. I have time values for my desired PID from RNGreporter by using the Gen V PIDRNG in the main window. How do I use Eontimer to hit these time values? I was thinking divide the time by 60 to get a delay of sorts, but I would have no idea how to handle the Pre-Timer field if I did that, so can anyone set me straight?

This is for a video by the way, so if I can get this down, I can start recording at some point when I'm home.
The way I do it, I set target frame to 0 and only worry about pre timer. Then, based on the time given by RNG Reporter, I put that time as seconds (rounded to nearest). So for example, if the time is 1:23.57, it would be 84 seconds.

Hate to be the guy constantly asking for help, but I can't seem to land anything even remotely close to my IVs in the Entralink. Let me give you a bit of what I'm doing so perhaps you can see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Acquired C Gear Seed: DE1DF8CE
2. Acquired Standard Seed for natures.
3. I've been told that EonTimer's calibration is off for the entralink, which I noticed when I kept hitting my standard seed a second early. Under PrincessofJohto's instructions, I subtracted one from the C Gear Seed to get DD1DF8CE (see the second digit from the left). From there, I generated a new time from the Entralink seed search.
4. I input the delay from the original DE1DF8CE seed into EonTimer. Under PoJ's instructions, I added one second from the actual seed time. It went from xx:xx:15 to xx:xx:16.
5. With these new sets of directions, I have successfully hit my standard seed using EonTimer (verified via Chatot). As the delay counter on Eontimer expires, I activate the C Gear. I warp to the Entralink.
6. Disregarding natures for now, I go to capture Mawile. Mawile is the only Pokemon I have in the Entralink, and it's in the first clearing. I capture it and check the IVs.
7. In the adjacent results, I search for Mawile's IV's. In a desperate attempt, I widened the minimum/maximum frame to 1/40. Each time, I get no results.

Can anyone think of anything I'm doing wrong? I did C Gear abuse for IV's before we had Standard Abuse, so I'm familiar with that part of things, but I find it hard to believe I can't find an adjacent result with such wide IV frame criteria and maxed out delays and seconds.

EDIT: Just ran through a vanilla C Gear attempt without the Entralink. That got me within 20 delay of the target, so I haven't gotten too rusty with C Gear. Perplexed, but still plugging away at it.

Never mind, I just gave up on RNGing my ID. I did however RNG a shiny starter successfully so that brightened up my day. Its IVs weren't great since I couldn't RNG my ID successfully...I'll probably just breed it later though.

Hi, I'm trying to RNG a 31/30/30/31/31/31 shiny Thundurus but I'm can't find my SSF
This is the seed I'm RNGing: C7ED5B55E380A8B9, shiny frame at 878, timid nature
0 advances = Adamant somewhat vain
10 advances = brave somewhat vain
20 advances = lonely alert to sounds
30 advances = calm often dozes off
40 advances = naive somewhat vain

I'm using a two silent chatter chatots, does it have any influence?
By the way, there's no weather on the route. I save the game inside the house, one step before leave it.

Thanks to everyone

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm using a two silent chatter chatots, does it have any influence?
By the way, there's no weather on the route. I save the game inside the house, one step before leave it.
To answer your questions, you are doing everything correctly. There is weather outside (no way to stop it) while the roamer spawns so you just have to put up with that.

Advancements are very inconsistent. I think I was getting somewhere in the 400-500 range with 0 advances back when I tried this. On one exact case I got 459. Hopefully that can help you. Good luck.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
roamer characteristics have been off for a few versions due to how it parsed the second half of the inputted IVs; this is not the case for you since the latter half are all 31's

I'm always old fashioned so I always researcher%6 it, old school...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/char.xlsx

there's no cluster of frames, meaning you either listed the nature/characteristic for a given amount wrong or you didn't get your target IVs or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)