5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have few questions about entralink abuse:

1. Is it possible to hit correct Standard Seed but wrong delay?
2. Is it possible to track entralink PID frame/time when C-Gear is on?
3. This is a bit hard to explain: When I hit A button at 15:00:00 my DS lite feeds the Standard Seed at 15:00:01. Should I take this into count when I do entralink abuse?

Thanks in advance. <3

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have few questions about entralink abuse:

1. Is it possible to hit correct Standard Seed but wrong delay?
2. Is it possible to track entralink PID frame/time when C-Gear is on?
3. This is a bit hard to explain: When I hit A button at 15:00:00 my DS lite feeds the Standard Seed at 15:00:01. Should I take this into count when I do entralink abuse?

Thanks in advance. <3
1. Yup; that sounds like your issue in problem 3.
2. Well, you'd let the nature timer (a second Eon Timer) track that for you.
3. Use the PoJ formula (^-^) to fix this issue:

Code:
([Second Hit - Second Wanted] * 60) + EL Calibration Value

Sorry to be such a nuisance. I need a little bit more help on this PID abuse.

Here's the image of the selected set of frames and what I have typed in for my nature seed search along with the frame area in the main RNG Reporter window. What do I type in to my Eon Timer? I assume once I have it typed in I just have to talk to Arceus the moment the second timer reaches zero?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Convert the time shown in the main window to seconds and plug that in to the second timer. So for example, 1 min, 30 seconds equals 90 seconds. Alternately (and the only way for PPRNG users at the moment), you can use a stopwatch to count time.

You have to say Yes to accepting the Pokemon to your party when the nature timer ends.

Convert the time shown in the main window to seconds and plug that in to the second timer. So for example, 1 min, 30 seconds equals 90 seconds. Alternately (and the only way for PPRNG users at the moment), you can use a stopwatch to count time.

You have to say Yes to accepting the Pokemon to your party when the nature timer ends.
Does that include advancing the IV frames the correct number of times before saying "Yes?" (10 in my case)

One last thing, what did Slashmolder mean when he said this:

It is possible but it's much more annoying since then you can't verify your seed. If you decide to do it without them don't add 3 to the starting frame when calculating the timer for the PID. You add 3 to account for the 3 advances Chatots cause.
This all the info I'll need. I really appreciate you guys helping me so much.

Alright so, when trying to hit my delay (Entralink PID Abuse) I will get something off, but that's to be expected from the first run at RNGing, but as I update my calibrated delay the first timer changes and then I have to change my target seconds and EL Calibration. For some reason this results in my hitting the same range of delays every time and it's not close to my target delay.

I come across this problem every time :S.

Alright so, when trying to hit my delay (Entralink PID Abuse) I will get something off, but that's to be expected from the first run at RNGing, but as I update my calibrated delay the first timer changes and then I have to change my target seconds and EL Calibration. For some reason this results in my hitting the same range of delays every time and it's not close to my target delay.

I thought you only had to change the EL Calibration once in the event that your delay was a second to late each time? That's what happened to me and once I changed it I didn't have to change it again.

Just did a test run with the second timer and I got a Calm Arceus with 31/27/31/31/31/31 IV's. Close but still not Timid D:

I thought you only had to change the EL Calibration once in the event that your delay was a second to late each time? That's what happened to me and once I changed it I didn't have to change it again.

Just did a test run with the second timer and I got a Calm Arceus with 31/27/31/31/31/31 IV's. Close but still not Timid D:
If I didn't I wouldn't hit my target seconds on both the standard seed or the C-Gear seed.

1. Yup; that sounds like your issue in problem 3.
2. Well, you'd let the nature timer (a second Eon Timer) track that for you.
3. Use the PoJ formula (^-^) to fix this issue:

Code:
([Second Hit - Second Wanted] * 60) + EL Calibration Value
Lol it's not my formula .-.

Does that include advancing the IV frames the correct number of times before saying "Yes?" (10 in my case)

One last thing, what did Slashmolder mean when he said this:
Yeah, that includes advancing the IV frame. So if you need to advance the IV frame it helps to have a slightly higher target PID frame.

He's saying that Entralink PID abuse is possible without Chatot, although a bit more annoying since you won't be able to verify that you hit your standard seed with Chatot. If you look on the main window with your PID frames generated, you'll notice there's a Chatot Pitch column. If you listen to your Chatot chatter pitches for the first 3 frames then you can determine if you hit your standard seed or not. Also, what he means when he talks about the adding 3 frames to your initial frame, he's referring to how one Chatot chatter advances the PID frame by one. So if you're listening to 3 Chatot chatters, your PID frame advanced by 3, so you would add 3 to your initial frame. Since you're not using Chatot, you don't have to change your initial frame.

But, like Slashmolder said, Entralink PID abuse is very possible without Chatot. I don't use Chatot because I honestly can't tell the difference between their pitches. I hope this all made sense!

Why are you changing your EL calibration? Changing your calibrated delay shouldn't change the C-Gear second you hit (unless your calibrated delay changes in a huge amount).

Well, look at the PID frames in the main window. Notice how there's a Calm frame that's two frames away from your target! Try adjusting your second timer accordingly and see if it helps.

Also, even if you don't hit your delay, you can still hit your standard seed so check the nature you get every time you attempt catching Arceus. If you get a nature that you don't see any where close to your target, that most likely means you hit your other timer0.

Why are you changing your EL calibration? Changing your calibrated delay shouldn't change the C-Gear second you hit (unless your calibrated delay changes in a huge amount).
If I don't, I won't hit my target seconds because I have to change the target seconds so my first timer still makes me hit the standard seed. My Calibrated Delay changes by about -100 each time.

If I don't, I won't hit my target seconds because I have to change the target seconds so my first timer still makes me hit the standard seed. My Calibrated Delay changes by about -100 each time.
Ok, I'm going to suggest that you focus on finding a calibrated delay/EL calibration that you can hit your target delay and second with, without taking into account the standard seed second. Try to be very precise and consistent with when you press A.

Then post here, and I'll explain step by step how to fix the standard seed seconds problem. Maybe you messed up on this part last time which messed with your ability to hit your delay.

Ok, I'm going to suggest that you focus on finding a calibrated delay/EL calibration that you can hit your target delay and second with, without taking into account the standard seed second. Try to be very precise and consistent with when you press A.

Then post here, and I'll explain step by step how to fix the standard seed seconds problem. Maybe you messed up on this part last time which messed with your ability to hit your delay.
Okay will do. Backing up my save right now so it'll take some time till I can give results.

Well, look at the PID frames in the main window. Notice how there's a Calm frame that's two frames away from your target! Try adjusting your second timer accordingly and see if it helps.

Also, even if you don't hit your delay, you can still hit your standard seed so check the nature you get every time you attempt catching Arceus. If you get a nature that you don't see any where close to your target, that most likely means you hit your other timer0.
I didn't even notice that. So if I hit the frame 6 seconds before, I just adjust it from 91 seconds to 97? That clears up a whole lot, many thanks!

I keep getting random natures even though I'm using the same frame. Does it only work if I hit the right delay for the designated IV frame?
Hitting the right delay/IV frame has nothing to do with the natures; those are completely determined by the standard seed. When are you starting your nature timer (the second Eon timer window)?

I'm trying to RNG my event Mewtwo (and then RNG a couple of eggs). This is the first 5th gen RNG I've done in months, and I can't even hit my seed (or frame?).

What I should be getting:

D7C974D3CEE8FB4E Timid flawless, frame 64, starting 51 (13 advancements)
04/26/12
05:05:27
Left+Down

What I am getting:

Mewtwo - #150 (Careful)
HP: 28
Atk: 20-21
Def: 23-24
SpA: 18-19
SpD: 13-14
Spe: 23-24

same time/date/keypresses

I've calibrated (again!) and I got this:

MAC: 001656EDE670
vcount:60
vframe/gxstat: 6
timer0min/max: C7C
Black verson with DS lite

Why can't I get this Mewtwo? 5th gen is supposed to be easy! I've been playing this cart on my 3DS for a while, and I transferred my WiFi settings to the 3DS when I got it. Could this affect my cart??

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
so you calibrated on your lite, transferred your settings, and are now trying to abuse it on your 3DS, is that right?

I know that the lite and 3DS have different starting seconds, like you have to start one second prior on the lite and 8 on the 3DS. You also need to know that every console will give you different results so you would have to find your parameters using your 3DS if you haven't done so.

no, i transferred my settings to my 3ds, and now i'm trying to abuse my black version on a different ds lite (not a ds that was involved in wifi shenanigans)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG my event Mewtwo (and then RNG a couple of eggs). This is the first 5th gen RNG I've done in months, and I can't even hit my seed (or frame?).

*snip*

Why can't I get this Mewtwo? 5th gen is supposed to be easy! I've been playing this cart on my 3DS for a while, and I transferred my WiFi settings to the 3DS when I got it. Could this affect my cart??
I suggest you use the Adjacent Seed Tool (check the 5th Gen menu). You can use it to list Wondercard spreads on seeds with a slightly different seconds or Timer0, so you can see how far off you were.

I've tried that, but nothing comes up. The closest spread I get to what I got has a completely different special defense. I've broadened my results to absurd ranges and still nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)