Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Are you using a synchronizer lead? Do your chatots have a customized chatter? Are you sure you're not hitting frame 15?
the reporter says to hit frame 13 and yes I am using a synchronize lead. The chatots do have a recorded chatter. I know that I am hitting my seed through looking at my coin flips

Hey again. I recently got my perfect Milotic.

Now, I want to hatch a shiny Metagross. How would I find my SID without the use of any cheats/AR/Anything of this nature? I have a shiny Gyarados I caught at the Lake of Rage and I can use berries to lower its EVs to 0.

What would I do next?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
the reporter says to hit frame 13 and yes I am using a synchronize lead. The chatots do have a recorded chatter. I know that I am hitting my seed through looking at my coin flips
Do you remember the IVs you got? Also, what I meant is that there's a quirky nature on frame 15, maybe you hit that one?

Now, I want to hatch a shiny Metagross. How would I find my SID without the use of any cheats/AR/Anything of this nature? I have a shiny Gyarados I caught at the Lake of Rage and I can use berries to lower its EVs to 0.

What would I do next?
I would recommend just uploading a pokemon to pokecheck.org

What would I do next?
Use pokecheck, just go to their website.

Edit: ninja'd.

Do I need compatible wifi? I use Comcast and my particular router isn't DS compatible.

If not, can you explain how pokecheck works?

Do you remember the IVs you got? Also, what I meant is that there's a quirky nature on frame 15, maybe you hit that one?

I would recommend just uploading a pokemon to pokecheck.org
It didn't match up because I got a spD iv of 23 when I checked its ivs. I don't remember the rest, but I'll try advancing the frame by 10 next time.

Alright, I hit my seed and chattered 10 times and it gave me a spread of Timid 25-27/5-7/15-17/0-2/15-17/0-2 when it should have been timid- 31/x/31/31/31/31

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What would I do next?
Use Pokécheck if you can, but if you want to use the method you're thinking of, Gyarados won't work, because it uses the method for chained shinies. You would have to have either a random (non-bred) shiny, or have not caught the Gyarados yet (there's a chain to SID tool if you catch it multiple times without saving).

Use Pokécheck if you can, but if you want to use the method you're thinking of, Gyarados won't work, because it uses the method for chained shinies. You would have to have either a random (non-bred) shiny, or have not caught the Gyarados yet (there's a chain to SID tool if you catch it multiple times without saving).
So, at this point in time, there isn't any way I can find out my SID without AR? My HG is relatively new, so I haven't had much time to accidentally run into Shinies.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You would have to capture Gyarados multiple times to figure out your SID IIRC. So for you it's too late. :/

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, at this point in time, there isn't any way I can find out my SID without AR? My HG is relatively new, so I haven't had much time to accidentally run into Shinies.
That's correct. Your options for finding your SID are:

AR/flashcart (or trading with someone who has one)
Pokécheck
Catching a random wild shiny (doesn't work in 5th gen)
Repeatedly catching chained shinies/LoR Gyarados

I'm looking to abuse my TID/SID on Heart Gold to get a shiny Latias (among other things). I know how to RNG in both 4th and 5th Gen, and can hit seeds on a timer with no problem.

I'd like someone to walk me through the steps of TID/SID abuse, as I've never done this before.

If you can help me out, send me a VM. I can also talk on IRC if you want to, as I find it easier to have live help.

Thanks.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Basically instead of loading your save on the second timer you press A at the last line of the intro. Chances are you'll be 3 seconds ahead so to fix that subtract 3 seconds from the TARGET time in EonTimer.

Also 9.95 Pandora's Box is broken.

Can anybody explain me how to RNG abuse the Sinjoh Ruins Dragons ?
I have already found the seed, but I am not sure where should I save my game for RNGing Palkia.

It appears that the www.eggmove.com domain has expired so the encounter slot tables are gone :( Does anyone happen to have a copy of the tables that can be downloaded (or know where I can get them)? I am looking for the emerald encounter tables specifically.

Thank you! :D

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I don't understand what you mean.
Also can you please tell me how am I suppose to use chatots, and what do you mean by recorded chatter?
Click on his rng guide link in his signature and look for sinjoh, there you'll find the info to rng the dragon.

Recorded chatters are as simply as they sound, record a chatter {you have to do before you try to rng, not after you have hit your seed} now every time you see chatots summary the frame will advance by 1

Click on his rng guide link in his signature and look for sinjoh, there you'll find the info to rng the dragon.

Recorded chatters are as simply as they sound, record a chatter {you have to do before you try to rng, not after you have hit your seed} now every time you see chatots summary the frame will advance by 1
Thank you, but should I advance 1 Frame less than my target frame, because if I remember correctly, while RNG Abusing Gift Pokemon I always advanced 1 frame less.
Also, what do you mean by record a chatter?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you, but should I advance 1 Frame less than my target frame, because if I remember correctly, while RNG Abusing Gift Pokemon I always advanced 1 frame less.
Also, what do you mean by record a chatter?
The move Chatter allows you to record a custom voice using the DS Mic. Simply open up the Pokemon menu, click on a Chatot that has the move Chatter, and you'll see the move Chatter highlighted in the mini menu, much like an HM move is. Follow the indications to record the custom Chatter from there. If you have multiple Chatot in your party, you only need to record one Chatter (all will take on the Chatter voice). If you deposit (all) Chatot, yo'll have to rerecord a custom Chatter.

The move Chatter allows you to record a custom voice using the DS Mic. Simply open up the Pokemon menu, click on a Chatot that has the move Chatter, and you'll see the move Chatter highlighted in the mini menu, much like an HM move is. Follow the indications to record the custom Chatter from there. If you have multiple Chatot in your party, you only need to record one Chatter (all will take on the Chatter voice). If you deposit (all) Chatot, yo'll have to rerecord a custom Chatter.
Thank you very much, but do you know anything about the upper part of my previous post?

It looks like the encounter tables are not available anymore. Does anyone know in which slot SoulSilver-Pikachus in Viridian Forest appears?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)