Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wanting to RNG a Lugia. As the phone nor the Pokégear doesn't work inside the actual cave Lugia is in, what's the best way to hit my frame? I'm assuming that entering the new area advances the frame by one, but does surfing do anything, etc etc?

Any help would be great thanks =]

Wanting to RNG a Lugia. As the phone nor the Pokégear doesn't work inside the actual cave Lugia is in, what's the best way to hit my frame? I'm assuming that entering the new area advances the frame by one, but does surfing do anything, etc etc?

Any help would be great thanks =]
I think the Pokégear works in front of the entrance.

You can also use Chatot's Chatter to verify you seed in HGSS (Yes Chatot's pitches can be heard in IV Gen games too. I RNG abused my Latios with Chatots instead of Elm Calls/Radioseed). Just follow the pitches given in RNGReporter's main window and you will be fine.

// Nope the frame doesn't advance when you enter new areas unless there are moving NPCs or you need to walk 128+ steps

You can also use Chatot's Chatter to verify you seed in HGSS (Yes Chatot's pitches can be heard in IV Gen games too. I RNG abused my Latios with Chatots instead of Elm Calls/Radioseed). Just follow the pitches given in RNGReporter's main window and you will be fine.

// Nope the frame doesn't advance when you enter new areas unless there are moving NPCs or you need to walk 128+ steps
I have been wondering about this - how can you verify your seed using chatot pitches?

I have been wondering about this - how can you verify your seed using chatot pitches?
RNGReporter shows the pitches in the main window:

The pitch of Chatter is determined by RNG (just like Elm calls and Radioseed) so it's cry will be different every time you check Chatot's summary. It will take a while to recognize the difference between low or high note but once you get used to it, it's a piece of cake.

RNGReporter shows the pitches in the main window:

The pitch of Chatter is determined by RNG so it's cry will be different every time you check Chatot's summary. It will take a while to recognize the difference between low or high note but when you get used to it, it's a piece of cake.
Oh ok, I will be sure to try this out when I RNG Lugia in a new save file.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately you can't compare Chatot pitches in the seed to time window for other seeds. But basically if you don't get the pattern for the one seed you want then you didn't hit it.

It works in front of the entrance, yes. So can I hit my delay, advance the frames at the front of the entrance, then take the shortest route to Lugia and it'll still work? I won't need to make any provisions for the shortest route will I, which'll involve Surfing..?

It works in front of the entrance, yes. So can I hit my delay, advance the frames at the front of the entrance, then take the shortest route to Lugia and it'll still work? I won't need to make any provisions for the shortest route will I, which'll involve Surfing..?
Yes, that will do. Make sure you've repel on before you start surfing.

@Hozu I hope some day there will be a tool to verify seed directly with Chatots. :3

I want to capture a perfect Ditto on Route 47 of HG. This is method J, correct?

After I fill out the IV's and nature in the "Capture" tab, what do I do next? What is encounter slot?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

I want to capture a perfect Ditto on Route 47 of HG. This is method J, correct?

After I fill out the IV's and nature in the "Capture" tab, what do I do next? What is encounter slot?

Thanks to anyone who helps!
it's method k. What program are you using to fill out IVs and nature, rng reporter? i mainly use pokerng for dppt/hgss since im used to it. Encounter slot tells you what pokemon will appear, say for example your ditto is at encounter slot 1, you need to find a spread with the nature and ivs you want that appear on that encounter slot. In some spreads, it requires you to have a synchronizer (a pokemon with the ability synchronize in order for you to capture the pokemon in that encounter slot with the wanted spread and nature).

it's method k. What program are you using to fill out IVs and nature, rng reporter? i mainly use pokerng for dppt/hgss since im used to it. Encounter slot tells you what pokemon will appear, say for example your ditto is at encounter slot 1, you need to find a spread with the nature and ivs you want that appear on that encounter slot. In some spreads, it requires you to have a synchronizer (a pokemon with the ability synchronize in order for you to capture the pokemon in that encounter slot with the wanted spread and nature).
Hi Mackenzie! Thank you so much for your reply! I am using RNG Reporter V. 9.96. So I select Encounter slot 1 (I still have no idea what Encounter Slot is), Modest nature, Method K, and then the IV's and that's it right? Everything else is just "Any"?

After I generate, I get a bunch of possible seeds. What am I supposed to do with the PID and Hour? Do I just ignore those and "copy/paste" seed into "Seed to Times" and proceed like I'm breeding perfect IV's?

Also, do you know any updated methods for advancing the frame by a lot, since these frames are really high?

Thanks!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi Mackenzie! Thank you so much for your reply! I am using RNG Reporter V. 9.96. So I select Encounter slot 1 (I still have no idea what Encounter Slot is), Modest nature, Method K, and then the IV's and that's it right? Everything else is just "Any"?

After I generate, I get a bunch of possible seeds. What am I supposed to do with the PID and Hour? Do I just ignore those and "copy/paste" seed into "Seed to Times" and proceed like I'm breeding perfect IV's?

Also, do you know any updated methods for advancing the frame by a lot, since these frames are really high?

Thanks!
Ditto is actually slots 2, 3, 4, 5, and 11, so search all of those when you look for a seed. An encounter slot is part of the RNG frame, a number that basically tells you what Pokémon you're going to encounter (each area has one Pokémon species in each slot, though you'll usually see the same Pokémon in more than one slot, like Ditto here).

Ignore those (PID is only useful for confirming what you got, hour only matters if you're looking for something that depends on time of day) and right-click -> Generate More Times, then go as if you were breeding for IVs.

If your frame is too high, you can try searching for a higher delay, you'll often find the same spread on a lower frame - I usually set my max delay to 8000 and have never had to go past frame 50ish.
New Equipment question:

I am trying to convert from EmLoop to Eon Timer 4th Gen.

How do I enter my game delays into EonTimer?

-James
Go to the Gen IV tab, if you don't know your calibrated delay/seconds (I dunno how Emloop works, so I have no idea if you've found those values already) leave them at their default values, put your target delay/seconds in the appropriately labeled sections. If you miss your delay by more than 4 or so, put the delay you hit into the "Delay Hit" section and update, it'll automatically adjust your calibrated delay for you.

Emloop is a double-faced timer.

So say you had a delay of 600 with a start-up of 493 in HG/SS

You'd subtract 493 from 600, put that in the Frame Calculator

Then, you'd add the seconds it took to start up.

You'd Soft Reset at the end of Timer 1, and try to hit at the end of Timer 2.

It's a tool that ImaWario gave me years ago, but it's dependent on Internet connection, which sucks.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
In that example you'd just put 493 in calibrated delay and 600 in target delay. Calibrated seconds should stay at the default unless your timing is really weird.

I've got a battery-dead Ruby that I'd like to RNG a Shiny Latias with.

Are there any guides on 3rd Generation RNG'ing anywhere?

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Here is a good place to start. But note that Pandora's Box in 9.96 supports dry battery R/S (I tested it and it seems to be working properly), so ignore most of the stuff at the bottom of that guide and use it instead when you're abusing your ID.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You get to the last line in the intro and wait for the timer. It takes about 75 frames after pressing A for the SID/TID to be chosen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)